Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Tanks: Soviet Tanks Rumble Into Game

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Wargaming has announced that the World of Tanks v8.8 patch will be rolling out this week. EU players can check it out on September 11th. NA players on September 12th. Korean and APAC on September 116th and 18th. The team has released a terrific video to show off the new features and tanks arriving in v8.8. Check it out!

Along with a brand new battle arena, Tundra, the latest update enriches the game with a long-awaited branch of Soviet medium tanks ranging from Tier 6 to Tier 8, as well as Object 140 that will join the rankings as the nation's other top medium tier choice.

Other significant changes include new updates to the German tech tree with the debut of the Tier 4 DW heavy chariot and Tier 6 VK3002 (M) medium tank, the transformation of VK3001H and VK3601H into heavy tanks, and addition of two new Chinese premiums-the Tier 8 T-34-3 medium tank and the 112 Tier 8 heavy tank.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• LordEbolaLordEbola Member UncommonPosts: 51
    sept 116th?
  • StofftierStofftier Member Posts: 93
    That marks then the end of my wot playing since 8.0 iam allready not suscribed anymore.But that patch taking out another tank that i loved is more then enough.My last hint for wg before you mess with game mechanics or try to mess around with allready existing tanks TRY TO FIX THAT FREAKING MM hehe
  • BammetjeBammetje Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Nothing wrong with MM that is so terrible that it justifies your bashing. you left for the wrong reasons.
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Bammetje
    Nothing wrong with MM that is so terrible that it justifies your bashing. you left for the wrong reasons.

It's easier( for some )  to blame MM or noob team mates then admit your skills are lacking

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• StofftierStofftier Member Posts: 93
    Even your both replies show that you  got no clue .And need some reading comprehension!
  • driver4hiredriver4hire Member UncommonPosts: 78

I personally think wargaming has done a great job with this game.  I have played it for quite some time and it is still fun.  Yes MM sometimes gets you in trash games but seriously just play better.  If you know what your tank is good at and you know how to properly perform its roll then it shouldn't be a problem.  I will give you the few times when a stock tier 5 winds up in a tier 8 match but in all honesty thats literally 1 out of every 50 games.

I'm glad they roll out updates so quickly and add content like they do.  It gives us more tanks to play and to fight.  I would love to see the day when there isn't 4 of the same tank in a battle.

Currently playing : World of Tanks, LoL
    Waiting for: The game of my dreams
    Played: Everything
    Favorites being Eve, UO and SWG Pre-CU

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Not playing daily on this lately but still playing many times a week.  Funnest pvp still to me.

I may have to get the Chinese heavy to go with my Type 59 and all.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

ya know i find it kinda ironic that russian tech tree seems to only get buffs or more tanks. i havent seen quite as many tanks added or buffed in the german/yank/brit/china trees at all O-o infact china is barely even there so why add yet more russian tanks :/

i know WG is pro russian but come on :/ theres like 0 reason to play anything else...

guess ill play my stug until wot's plug is pulled cause honestly what i have seen of higher teir tanks its just not worth the hassle to upgrade

~still not a fan of a m5 stuart getting MMed in to T8 matches even as a scout you cant do squat. when the french lights are better/faster scouts over the yank line. and the m5 cant scratch the broadside of a mountain if you are 1" from it..~

• KinkykelKinkykel Member Posts: 4

Man look at all these scrubs complaining about Match making.  If you're a light tank, you're a scout, that means you scout out the enemy whilst avoiding direct combat, especially with anything tier 8, you use the terrain and your high speed to keep yourself alive.

most of the guys in here have it right, the MM isn't anywhere near as broken as some of you cry about. Simple fact is, you need to get better at your tank role. If you're a Heavy tank, for instance, your job is not to sit on a hill sniping, you're a brawler. Also learn to position yourself properly to get better use of angles to assist in shot deflection. 

just little things like that keep you alive longer which allows you to do more damage to the enemy team, which in turn helps you to win the match.

• John_GrimmJohn_Grimm Member UncommonPosts: 14

People complaining about the MM, Yes it is bad, but i just take it as another challenge in the game.

It makes for a more unpredictable gameplay.

Steel and Iron guard me well,
    or else i'm doomed and damned
    to Hell!

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Oh this is the patch where i get to sell my Super Pershing as some some unknown reason they have decided to nerf the tank..

Its a t8 premium that has a really bad gun for that tier and is very very slow.. the only good then is that it has good frontal armor.. but they are taking that away and maknig it utterly useless.. but at least they ahve given the option for us to get the gold back we spend on it.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Another patch of flavor of the month tanks, more premium tanks and redone bad maps along with broken MM.

Rinse

Wash

Repeat

• JohnnyVonRoeJohnnyVonRoe Member Posts: 6
    After some time of playing WoT it becomes really boring to play it.... new patches could bring more interesting things such as new large maps or interesting tanks - not like Chinese tanks (soviet tank twins)... 
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Stofftier
    Even your both replies show that you  got no clue .And need some reading comprehension!

If I was the type to have a signature...this would be it.