Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Impressions of Marvel Heroes so far

AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874

Hey Guys and Gals,

Just wanted to take a time out and post over here my experiences with Marvel Heroes.

First of all I have only been playing for about three weeks now, and the level of fun has not decreased.

You probably need to like games like Diablo or Torchlight to enjoy it.

So far I have three heroes Hwakeye lvl 16 that I started with, Deadpool lvl 36 that I bought and Jean Grey lvl 14 that I unlocked for free. Of the three heroes I am kinda tied between Jean Grey and Deadpool as who is the most fun to play. That is not saying Hawkeye is not fun in my book he is good just not as much fun as the other two.

Deadpool does some great single target dps and he has a couple of really good aoe's one is called foot gougers that can kill most mobs by just throwing it on the ground so its great for times when you are surrounded by the hordes. He is really hard to kill unless you stand in the way of a Juggernaut charge he has some great health regen and one great heal.

Jean Grey may be the best hero at clearing out large groups of mobs she has a skill called Kinetic wave that just decimates trash mobs basically she one shots whole groups. She also posses the ability to turn into a phoenix and do some great dps. I am still learning to play her but as I level her I think she will just get better and better,

Hawkeye is one of the starter heroes you get to chose from. His strengths are ranged dps he can do a lot of damage pretty fast. I have not given him as much attention as I should have. He is fun to play I just wanted Deadpool so once I decided that I like the game I purchased Deadpool. Hawkeye would be a higher lvl but I am reserving him for play with my wife's Storm.

Now on to the strengths of the game.

Strengths: Well the games biggest strength is the fun factor of running around as a super hero and killing things even the starter heroes that you get for free are fun to play with. Another strength is the roster of heroes that are playable I am not going to list them all here but for fun here are a few Spiderman, Capt America, Punisher, and the hulk just to name a few they do have several female heroes as well.

Another strength is the game is totally free you do not have to pay a dime you can unlock every hero on the roster for free with eternity splinters. Now I bought Deadpool but if I would have simply waited for a day I could have gotten him for free. They also seem to be adding heroes regularly Gambit is on his way which is really exciting.

I think the biggest strength I see for this game is the devs they truly want their game to be fun and they seem to be working towards what is fun and trying to eliminate what is not. They also communicate on the game forums daily and let you know what they are thinking it is cool to post something then see a dev respond to it.

Now I will touch on the weakness of the game as I see them right now.

Weaknesses: The story portion of the game is kinda short it only got me to lvl 26 and the cap is lvl 60. You can repeat the story on a higher difficulty which is still fun to do as you get better rewards. They do have things to do besides the story you have several dailies that you can run and some defense games you can play where you battle waves of villains until you die. So its not that bad but I still do wish the story was longer.

The one big weakness I see is the starter heroes you get to choose from one of five I would like it better if you could choose whatever hero you wanted to start with, but I understand they want you to buy those other heroes after all they are not a charity.

Well I hope this was a good review coming from a newer player sorry for the wall of text.

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Just want to disagree with the weakness.

It is quite customary for online ARPG to require the players to go through content 3-4 times before reaching max level. I would not hold it against MH.

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

It is quite customary for online ARPG to require the players to go through content 3-4 times before reaching max level. I would not hold it against MH.

Thats a great point I did not even think about diablo taking three or four times through.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Just want to disagree with the weakness.It is quite customary for online ARPG to require the players to go through content 3-4 times before reaching max level. I would not hold it against MH. 
    A few games require this but in general it is one of the weakest game mechanics out there. The games that go this path are just awful and yes D2 and D3 and PoE are really cruddy games because of it.
  • Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362

I'm a huge fan of ARPG's, played so many of them and spent so many hours on them since Diablo 1. I was excited about Marvel Heroes, but the more I saw, the more I didn't like what I saw. I got into beta and I just hated it. Graphics, animations, gear, all felt so generic and cheap.

I dont' want to rain on anyone's parade if you like it. I'm glad that people are into it, but for me it was just a huge failure.

My Personal Opinion only.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Ender4

A few games require this but in general it is one of the weakest game mechanics out there. The games that go this path are just awful and yes D2 and D3 and PoE are really cruddy games because of it.

Yeah I wish my crap sold for a billion dollars.

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    I got Lego Marvel Superheroes for my 4 year old and I'm loving it

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• Swedish_ChefSwedish_Chef Member Posts: 213
    Originally posted by Elevenb4

I'm a huge fan of ARPG's, played so many of them and spent so many hours on them since Diablo 1. I was excited about Marvel Heroes, but the more I saw, the more I didn't like what I saw. I got into beta and I just hated it. Graphics, animations, gear, all felt so generic and cheap.

I dont' want to rain on anyone's parade if you like it. I'm glad that people are into it, but for me it was just a huge failure.

My Personal Opinion only.

I felt the same way you do. Tried the game in beta and loathed the thing. Tried it at release and still despised it.

Gave it another try a while ago & absolutely love it. It's almost a completely different game. The graphics do tend to be a bit minimalistic still, and framerates in Midtown Manhattan (think 'endless dungeon' shard with other people) can quickly take a nosedive in big fights. The particle effects & animations for the most part are really well done though. The voice acting is fairly good too if you ignore the fact they made Doom sound like a freaking robot. Still better than Julian McMahon though. Decent actor, but definitely not a good choice to play the villain who greatly inspired the concept of Darth Vader.

Bah, rambling. I recommend giving the game another shot, I'm glad I did.

• rapatpamprapatpamp Member UncommonPosts: 144
    They are expanding the roster of starting heroes as well. I think this may be as early as next week when Asgard content starts but I may be wrong.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by rapatpamp
    They are expanding the roster of starting heroes as well. I think this may be as early as next week when Asgard content starts but I may be wrong.

Is there a way to get the new starter hero if i have already started?

• SwordianSwordian Member Posts: 10

the crafting system and the itemization are pretty good.

you can convert rare items into epic items.

The thing i don't quite like this game is the graphics, environment, voice acting, animations, skill are very bland.. several skills looks the same to me. the game is not as polished as D3. the skill tree is boring.

• SwordianSwordian Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by rapatpamp

Is there a way to get the new starter hero if i have already started?

Don't think so unless you start a new account.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Are you now defending bad game mechanics because you got used to them?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• RayquestmarvelRayquestmarvel Member UncommonPosts: 15

hi

Marvel heroes is a good experience  it has been a awesome game so FAR

JUST HEROES NEED TWEAKING

GOOD WORK

• MattatronMattatron Member Posts: 226
    Wonder how many new accounts we'll see in the next 24 hours competing for gambit toons. Will it be like hearthstone? lol