Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BF4 [mod edit]

tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Nothing has any weight to it, getting kills feels like you're shooting people full of helium, just so floaty and their bodies have no weight to them what so ever. Kills are just so unsatisfying and I hate how you see people running around, it's like their animation is too fast for their movement, it looks like they're running on jelly rather than a solid surface. The destruction has no weight to it either, none of it feels real, all might as well be made from shaders tbh and none of it feels very dynamic or interesting. It's more like BF3s shitty destruction but they put in staged events if you trigger them that often just make the map worse.

The maps are shit too, just really forgettable and I find myself just wanting the Karkand pack again, they were the only good maps in 3 and since BF4 doesn't have them, I'm just gonna go back to 3 as all the maps in game are crap and DICE don't want to release an SDK so we can get some good maps for once.

I just hate the movement in BF4, it's hard to put my finger on it but it just feels off. It doesn't help that the hit detection is by far the worst of the series yet, I don't get how people can play these games competitively as the hitboxes are often lagging 5ft behind your body.

More importantly I just find myself bored, it's just like they made more maps for BF3 and that is it really. This barely feels like a new game and I'm not sure why it even exists, there is no innovation here that makes it worth while. It feels like such a quick cash grab than even COD Ghosts seems more interesting to me...

Comments

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    BFBC2 was their best. They just cannot get the same gameplay anymore.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    im still waiting to try it.  been downloading for 40hours and I still got 9 hours left.  Origin is a joke.  hopefully ill have a better experience than the op.
  • ForeverdreamForeverdream Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Originally posted by Lobotomist
    BFBC2 was their best. They just cannot get the same gameplay anymore.

bf2 was far better, maybe not graphics wise, but the best BF. i havent played bf4 yet, downloading it now

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    BFBC2 and BF2 are two quite different games. BF3 was result of trying to fuse them together.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    The hitbox detection is what happens when you consistantly have better graphics every release, you notice it's harder for the engine to keep up with the people, it also could be the issue that Call of duty Black Ops 2 had which was lag compensation, but not 100% sure if there are many other games with that issue other than the call of duty series.
  • RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451

My reviews:

BF1942 - mind blowing amazing for the time

BF2 - meh

BFVietnam - meh

BF2142 - meh

BFBC2 - back to amazing, destruction engine brings FPS to a new level

BF3 - meh

BF4 - meh

All in all, 7 games, only 2 of them broke any real ground.  Although if they added rated/ranked squad rush mode like they promised years ago would be fun.  But they'd have to find some way to deal with hackers before that.

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686
    Originally posted by tixylix

Nothing has any weight to it, getting kills feels like you're shooting people full of helium, just so floaty and their bodies have no weight to them what so ever. Kills are just so unsatisfying and I hate how you see people running around, it's like their animation is too fast for their movement, it looks like they're running on jelly rather than a solid surface. The destruction has no weight to it either, none of it feels real, all might as well be made from shaders tbh and none of it feels very dynamic or interesting. It's more like BF3s shitty destruction but they put in staged events if you trigger them that often just make the map worse.

The maps are shit too, just really forgettable and I find myself just wanting the Karkand pack again, they were the only good maps in 3 and since BF4 doesn't have them, I'm just gonna go back to 3 as all the maps in game are crap and DICE don't want to release an SDK so we can get some good maps for once.

I just hate the movement in BF4, it's hard to put my finger on it but it just feels off. It doesn't help that the hit detection is by far the worst of the series yet, I don't get how people can play these games competitively as the hitboxes are often lagging 5ft behind your body.

More importantly I just find myself bored, it's just like they made more maps for BF3 and that is it really. This barely feels like a new game and I'm not sure why it even exists, there is no innovation here that makes it worth while. It feels like such a quick cash grab than even COD Ghosts seems more interesting to me...

The movement for me feels much better than in Battlefield 3 for a start. It certainly doesn't feel like everyone is running around 'floaty'.

If you like the maps or not that's up to you but the maps are fine for me. I don't have any issues with them at all although probably the only criticism I would level against the maps themselves would be that I wish when builds and walls etc came down the rubble would be done dynamically rather than fall the same way every time.

As for hit detection I have had 0 issues with it, literally 0 issues.  

Having said that, if you're under the same name as your forum account here on BF4 then having 1 hours play time isn't really enough to make an informed decision and work past the bias you had when going into the game.

• Well, if you're unhappy with the look and feel of BF4, I've got some bad news for you if you're going to just return to BF3. I have 0 problems with hit detection. The maps are certainly personal preference, but I think Paracel Storm is the most fun I've had in a shooter in a long time. When I started playing on hardcore, I thought I was getting hit detection problems but actually, you just don't get hit markers in hardcore mode. Honestly, I feel like I'm just responding to a troll thread. 
  • iamrtaiamrta Member UncommonPosts: 165
    Desert Combat mod FTW. Picked up Bf4 on PC. Origin allows a refund within 24 hours. I took it. RIP BF.
  • logicbomb82logicbomb82 Member UncommonPosts: 228
    I am enjoying the hell out of BF 4 myself. The map's dynamic changing ability is awesome. Everything else seems the like BF 3 to me, which was great.
    I run the Mature Minded Gamers. We do video and board gaming videos and reviews. We also have a big Dungeons and Dragons community with multiple games active each week.
    Join us at: https://www.maturemindedgamers.com

• ForeverdreamForeverdream Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Originally posted by RollieJoe

My reviews:

BF1942 - mind blowing amazing for the time  - I agree, So so many hours spent on that game!

BF2 - meh - Disagree, BF2 was an amazing step in technology at the time ( like most bf's) 

BFVietnam - meh - - I agree

BF2142 - meh - Disagree, 2142 was really fun for me, i still wish i had it!

BFBC2 - back to amazing, destruction engine brings FPS to a new level  - Somewhat agree, While it was new with dectruction or w.e the game felt small in comparison to Bf2

BF3 - meh - i agree

BF4 - meh - Can't say as i've yet to play it, downloading it now. I HOPE it's better than bf3.

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562
    I had it for ps3, not pc. I was thinking about getting BF4 from the Black Friday sales this year, but now I'm not so sure. Do people still play BFBC2 on pc?
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Originally posted by muffins89
    im still waiting to try it.  been downloading for 40hours and I still got 9 hours left.  Origin is a joke.  hopefully ill have a better experience than the op.

I downloaded it yesterday through Origin and it took  1.5 hours, you might want to look into getting a better internet provider. 

As for the OP's review, I must be playing a different game.  The game looks and feels great. Sure some of the large map changing events feel contrived but the amount of destruction that you can cause around the map is quite impressive. From knocking down peoples cover to destroying walls, small buildings heck even not so small buildings when damaged enough. I find that I am always thinking about where I need to get to once the spot I'm in get's leveled.

Also, the pace of the gameplay has improved greatly since BF3. It's still tactical and at times quite a bit slower paced then say COD but it looks like the days of spending 5 minutes sprinting across a gigantic map are gone. There are so many different types of ground/air/water vehicles that it is very easy to get right back into the fight if you want. Heck some people spend whole matches just shuttling people back and forth to hot spots in choppers and troop transports.

That said it is'nt all sunshine and roses. Once again EA/Dice are having major game server issues. Disconnects, rubberbanding, and serious lag have been a real problem. After the same issues at BF3's launch i was hoping they would have learned but nope.

All in all it's an excellent game and well worth a look at if your into FPS games.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527
    For me the game runs pretty solid on my pc... also if anyone wants a hack/cheat free server to play on look our server up. Just opened it up tonight bring your friends :D

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by tixylix
    Nothing has any weight to it, getting kills feels like you're shooting people full of helium, just so floaty and their bodies have no weight to them what so ever. Kills are just so unsatisfying and I hate how you see people running around, it's like their animation is too fast for their movement, it looks like they're running on jelly rather than a solid surface. The destruction has no weight to it either, none of it feels real, all might as well be made from shaders tbh and none of it feels very dynamic or interesting. It's more like BF3s shitty destruction but they put in staged events if you trigger them that often just make the map worse.The maps are shit too, just really forgettable and I find myself just wanting the Karkand pack again, they were the only good maps in 3 and since BF4 doesn't have them, I'm just gonna go back to 3 as all the maps in game are crap and DICE don't want to release an SDK so we can get some good maps for once.I just hate the movement in BF4, it's hard to put my finger on it but it just feels off. It doesn't help that the hit detection is by far the worst of the series yet, I don't get how people can play these games competitively as the hitboxes are often lagging 5ft behind your body.More importantly I just find myself bored, it's just like they made more maps for BF3 and that is it really. This barely feels like a new game and I'm not sure why it even exists, there is no innovation here that makes it worth while. It feels like such a quick cash grab than even COD Ghosts seems more interesting to me...

Last sentence is why you lost your credibility with your story how BF4 sucks.

A COD fanboi come to forum saying BF4 sucks thats something i never seen before:P

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i