Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next Generation Sandbox! Life Is Feudal!

2»

Comments

• finalreviewfinalreview Member Posts: 12

The religious "magic" are simple religious blessings you can use before a fight.

Resources don't respawn. Once harvested that particular spawn is gone forever. So there will be constant kingdom vs kingdom conflict over control of resources. If the game is successful the amount of extra features they can add down the line is endless.

• BlommasBlommas Member Posts: 10

Looks very nice. I'll keep it in my mind and check it later.

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,785
    Originally posted by Xthos

It might be great for what it is....But I enjoy doing all aspect of a game, the forum confirms their is basically no PvE, except for killing animals probably for supplies...  That takes a big chunk of the game out imo, I mean yeah I am tired of gear/badge grinding, tired of instances, but I like open world dungeon type stuff and such...  I really like what I read, but it's like a MMO with no PvP,in comparison...Need meaningful PvE/PvP/Crafting/Harvesting and anything extra is cool...I think when you leave aspects out, you don't have something that meets it's full potential.

No fantasy races, monsters and such...keeping it 'real', but it has religious 'magic'?  I don't think I would call this next gen, when it is missing one of the pillars of what makes mmos good.  They talk about UO a lot in the forum, but UO had open world dungeons and exploring that uncovered things to fight...I guess it makes the budget go further, but I really think it will bite them in the end.

Your general idea bothers me too. There's not even a non-fantasy historical lore and ruins based on that. Or the artifacts and treasures that could be a part of it.

However, I do think this game is next generational in 2 primary ways.

1. Terra-forming, and there are other games doing this. This is a next generational thing, in my mind.
    2. World wide social aspects. This is the first game I've seen to go where MMOs need to go here to make it truly "World Wide Social". They have the economy and trade, the building and destruction, the politics that will result based on player enterprise, warfare and alliances. But most importantly, they have finally become the first game that will allow open PvP but with a real justice system to keep down PKing.
    The only questions left are mechanical. Exactly how they do things will be the determining factor in whether it works at it's best or falters. At this point, I'm excited for this. I just wish they'd add lore, ruins, and hidden treasures to discover.

Once upon a time....

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,785
    Originally posted by finalreview

The religious "magic" are simple religious blessings you can use before a fight.

Resources don't respawn. Once harvested that particular spawn is gone forever. So there will be constant kingdom vs kingdom conflict over control of resources. If the game is successful the amount of extra features they can add down the line is endless.

I appreciate the idea of added content down the line. But I think it would be a good idea for them to say what they would add if possible.

I think it would be fantastic if the plan were to slowly add, step by step, some sort of fantasy related "return". Or invasion, starting out slowly and adding steps building to a climax that changes the game into something far more.

Once upon a time....

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Originally posted by finalreview

Read the Interactive FAQ thread on their forum. Also lets remember this game isn't even in alpha stages yet...

Interactive FAQ

http://lifeisfeudal.com/community/forum.html?func=view&catid=3&id=3

Sneek Peak Screenshots

http://lifeisfeudal.com/community/forum.html?func=view&catid=3&id=1122

Don't you mean "our" interactive FAQ ;P  your post history is strangely focused.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• Kuroi_TaigaKuroi_Taiga Member UncommonPosts: 29
    how do we ask for a LiF forum section?
  • finalreviewfinalreview Member Posts: 12
    "Access to closed forum section

Way to effect on our Lore by taking active part in debates on the main continent and starting city names. Also, you will have access to alpha/beta tester forums and read their reviews, in case you were not lucky enough to get into earlier tests."

I've never needed to post on MMORPG till I wanted to help the hype of this game. I've been following LiF for quite a while and I'm confident that with sufficient funding they will deliver what is promised.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

This seems to be an interesting medieval simulator, but in no sane state would I call it for a next gen MMO. Xsyon, while lacking the execution, offered many of same ideas for example. Same goes for many other indie titles like Wurm and Darkfall. The features they offer seems to be unnecessary complicated for their purpose, with devs going depth instead of breadth. 

I'll always prefer having more features to choose from, rather than having fewer but with depth no one will really explore. Then again, I am sure someone will be thrilled roleplaying as a lumberjack. 

The rewards on their campaign are rather poor. Not only do they seems to have pay2win features, but also completely worthless rewards compared to the amount of money they are asking for. 

• crasset15crasset15 Member UncommonPosts: 194

Basically a Wurm clone. If they want to have more than 500-1000 concurrent players (wurm), they will need to get a few things different.

- unable to convert real money to ingame money. Allowing this in a grindy sandbox game is a recipe for disaster.

- combat that isn't some dice roll garbage and actually involves player skill not only their gear stats (wurm combat is awful, and undoubtedly the weakest point of the game)

- reward cooperation and discourage mindless ganking.

I can already say this won't be "Next-gen" or whatever the OP is hoping. The basic concepts are 10 years old. This type of games are niche, and have a small playerbase regardless of quality (terraforming and building have to be grindy, because if it wasn't, the whole world would be a mess before the first month is up). So if you want this type of playstyle, save yourself a year of waiting and go play wurm.

• VengerVenger Member UncommonPosts: 1,309

Oh look yet another ffa pvp sandbox. 

Best of luck but no thanks.

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    looks promising. but they must also make it a "Game", not just a simulator.