Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it just me?

TularkTulark Member Posts: 15

Or is Anet's support a joke?

I havent played in a while and wanted to revisit the world today. While patching it said my ip has changed, and i need to authenticate in my email. Which I did, but when I clicked the link it said bad request. 

Okay, no big deal, I will just go through the support wiki. Put in my information and click reset password. Still havent gotten the reset password email. (Yes I checked my spam folder). So here I am sitting and waiting to get into the game I paid for and played for quite a while.

Cannot call anyone, cant really use the chat client because i reset my password and I cant verify my account.

What a joke, I am glad I didnt buy any gems. 

Comments

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

ANET's support has always been pretty bad.  Had similar problems with GW1 - they are very slow.

The excuse has always been "there's no sub", but that's just not acceptable.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697
    It's not just you. They never had good support, sadly (from my personal experience with GW1 and GW2).

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

That happened to a relative of mine that hadn't played in a while. They came back had the same problem as you. Anet got back to them in about a week and half and said they're acct was possibly hacked and they had to go through the crap to get their acct back proving it was originally theirs.

Hope you don't have the same problem, and hope they get back to ya soon, but yah, they're slow going with customer support.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Rohn

Why not ?  Part of the sub you pay is better support. You play a game you don't pay a sub for, you don't get the same level of support. It's the same thing for non-subscribers in f2p games. They get put in the long list when it comes to tickers getting answered.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Why not ?  Part of the sub you pay is better support. You play a game you don't pay a sub for, you don't get the same level of support. It's the same thing for non-subscribers in f2p games. They get put in the long list when it comes to tickers getting answered.

I get good support from all kinds of products that don't require a subscription.  That defense is just smoke and mirrors to hide the fact that they simply don't care to invest in any kind of support service.  People pay full retail for GW2, so it's not like it's F2P on a shoestring budget or anything.

You make me like charity

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I did believe it was because it's B2P. No subs to support customer service, but when AoW now has 24 hour support, I see no reason for Anet not to have some sort of phone support, at some time of the day by now.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • EdliEdli Member Posts: 941

ANET's support has always been pretty bad.  Had similar problems with GW1 - they are very slow.

It kinda is though. If you don't want to pay a sub you have to deal with a much smaller team supporting the game. 

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by DamonVile

EXACTLY! 

This right here is 100% true. Anybody in their right mind would know this is not  the case.

Edit: Come to think of it I need to put this in my sig, it's so freaking true...this really goes for everything without a sub vs things with a sub.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

I've never had issues with Anet Support, then again I've never been hacked because I use a unique 20+ character password I use nowhere else, nothing ever remotely similar in sight. People who get hacked usually only have themselves to blame for not being careful enough. That doesn't mean that's an excuse for bad support, but if lots of players are lazy and careless about the security of their account, then getting all of those back to their original owners will take a while.

If you took every possible precaution against being hacked, didn't share it with others, decent PC security etc. then I'm sorry you'll have to wait your turn. Too many people...

imageimage
  • TularkTulark Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO

I've never had issues with Anet Support, then again I've never been hacked because I use a unique 20+ character password I use nowhere else, nothing ever remotely similar in sight. People who get hacked usually only have themselves to blame for not being careful enough. That doesn't mean that's an excuse for bad support, but if lots of players are lazy and careless about the security of their account, then getting all of those back to their original owners will take a while.

If you took every possible precaution against being hacked, didn't share it with others, decent PC security etc. then I'm sorry you'll have to wait your turn. Too many people...

I wasn't hacked. My dynamic IP Changes from time to time, and Anet has Email Verification for when that happens. This is where the problem happened.

All the other times this went without a hitch, but this time something odd happened.