Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm looking for Sci-Fi or Post-Apoc Action MMORPG

AralvarAralvar Member Posts: 34
The title says it all. I've played Fallen Earth, Global Agenda, AfterWorld, FireFall, The Secret World, UFO Online, and Entropia Universe, and I'm not interested in trying Defiance. I can't seem to find a good sci-fi or post-apocalyptic action MMORPG. Action MMORPG, as in no pressing 1 over and over to attack, that's why I don't enjoy The Secret World; otherwise I'd be playing that game all the time (it can have hotbar skills, but there needs to be a way to use your main attack by clicking). I'd like the game to feature firearms of some sort, or else I would consider Xsyon.The game can be turn based or real time. I'm also not interested in any games where you play as robots, mechs, or that only allow you to use vehicles without playing as a person; and I'm not interested in any games that force a permadeath/full loot feature onto you. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't mind small playerbases, I'm willing to advertise the game if I like it. I need the game to be buy to play or free to play. I doubt anyone has anything for me, as I've checked the game list here many times, but I REALLY want to find a good MMORPG to play.

Comments

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Keep an eye open for The Repopulation.  It's still alpha, so it's not available yet.

Other than that, no suggestions.  I haven't been following the releases.  Maybe others will have more.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Try out Warframe.  Its F2P, and you can get it on Steam.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

How about Planetside? I only really know the first one, but perhaps it is too much action-oriented? That is the first thing that popped into my head.

Otherwise, how about ToR? It is not action-oriented, but combat requires using lots of hotbar keys, not just spamming one.

STO is another one that comes to mind.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• DarkemisDarkemis Member UncommonPosts: 3

There might be a game for you OP, Survarium.

Check it out, I think that's what you're looking for, but it's currently in Alpha Testing stage though it's nearing Beta since they said it's going to be late 2013 for Beta stage.

Edit: I forgot to mention it's post-apocalyptic F2P MMOFPS, something with left clicking like you asked :D

• gogogo271gogogo271 Member UncommonPosts: 24

Defiance is a sci-fi mmofps with regular updates. Its a Buy to Play. Defiance is really nice, but very repetitive.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by ZombieKen

Keep an eye open for The Repopulation.  It's still alpha, so it's not available yet.

Other than that, no suggestions.  I haven't been following the releases.  Maybe others will have more.

I'll second The Repopulation. Aside from it being a promising project, it has an aspect of post-apoc that other MMOs of the same theme seem to miss - rebuilding. The world isn't completely static, and player construction (coupled with destruction) gives it an extra dimension of gameplay.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Aralvar
    The title says it all. I've played Fallen Earth, Global Agenda, AfterWorld, FireFall, The Secret World, UFO Online, and Entropia Universe, and I'm not interested in trying Defiance. I can't seem to find a good sci-fi or post-apocalyptic action MMORPG. Action MMORPG, as in no pressing 1 over and over to attack, that's why I don't enjoy The Secret World; otherwise I'd be playing that game all the time (it can have hotbar skills, but there needs to be a way to use your main attack by clicking). I'd like the game to feature firearms of some sort, or else I would consider Xsyon.The game can be turn based or real time. I'm also not interested in any games where you play as robots, mechs, or that only allow you to use vehicles without playing as a person; and I'm not interested in any games that force a permadeath/full loot feature onto you. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't mind small playerbases, I'm willing to advertise the game if I like it. I need the game to be buy to play or free to play. I doubt anyone has anything for me, as I've checked the game list here many times, but I REALLY want to find a good MMORPG to play.

Apart from the ones you have mentioned, There isn't.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• goldtoofgoldtoof Member Posts: 337
    Eve
    Planetside 2
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by goldtoof
    Eve
    Planetside 2

EvE: Not an "action MMORPG".

PS2: Not an MMORPG, just a very large shooter.

• MaurizioMaurizio Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Wurm Online if you keep an open mind, and actually look into it vs judging it by its cover. If you are interested to know about it feel free to contact me.  You can even make a free account and i could give you a small tour.
  • AralvarAralvar Member Posts: 34

I'm not interested in The Repopulation, the bit where they make it so all items eventually degrade into dust as a lazy economy fix bugs the hell out of me.

Warframe I've tried and didn't really like, it didn't have enough RPG features for my taste.

I've played Planetside 2 but it's not really an RPG so it's not my cup of tea right now, though I may try it out again later.

Survarium I'm following right now but I have not gotten into the Alpha yet.

Wurm Online is a fantasy MMORPG, and the clunkiness and lack of a proper introduction to the game has caused me to grow tired of trying to figure out where I should start before I get bored of the game. Though I might try it out again later as well.

Anyone else have something, maybe something vague that doesn't have as much attention as it deserves?

I appreciate the responses by the way!