Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AV is in PANIC mode!

When the captain and crew start to panic, then you really need to start worrying. They are literally deleting every thread and post that is critical of AV or DFUW on any level. People who genuinely want the game to do good are getting branded trolls and suspended/banned for posting opinions that don't sugarcoat or praise AV/DFUW. I was branded a troll because I replied to a MOD and asked him to stop locking/deleting/banning, because it will do much more harm than good. And I was suspended for 30 days. Everybody has to agree with everything AV says or does? Not only agree, but praise them? And DFUW?

Long time supporters and fan boys are getting their posts deleted, simply by stating that they are unhappy with what Tasos said today. This has seriously got to stop!

AV: You will never be successful or respected by any player when you exhibit such extreme behavior! You have been at this for 12+ years and you still refuse to interact with us as if you were all in this together, rather than this is your game and we are just cattle.

I want Darkfall to succeed, but it will not. And not because its Darkfall, but because AV is at the helm.

@AV: WAKE THE FUCK UP!

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Er, you are just realizing this now?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Kyleran

But it is worse then ever now. They deleted shitloads of posts from the thread about their latest (rly lame) update. Peeps saying things like "At least this update saved me 15 bucks" etc. They delete ANYTHING that is itsy bitsy negative. Yeah. They are panicking...

• kinghussienkinghussien Member Posts: 31

One of their long time supporters and community leaders, Signus, posted this earlier:

http://imgur.com/KBBUUwu

He mentions the old chat system was garbage and NOT customizable which is an outright lie. I know he played DF1 since beta (2008) to its end ( 2012).

http://blog.michael.gr/2013/06/a-few-samples-of-my-work-on-darkfall.html

http://imgur.com/wjOICL0 -- My reply proving he's lieing.

A blog listing all the interface commands for DF1:  http://darkfallinfo.wikifoundry.com/page/Darkfall+-+Commands+and+Hotkeys

And a blog by the actual designer/developer of the DF1 gui (some interesting framework details in there):

http://blog.michael.gr/2013/06/a-few-samples-of-my-work-on-darkfall.html

AV is sinking to new lows!

• IridescentOrkIridescentOrk Member Posts: 157
    after the first DarkFail, it's not a surprise

gameplay > graphics

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Lahuzer
    Originally posted by Kyleran

But it is worse then ever now. They deleted shitloads of posts from the thread about their latest (rly lame) update. Peeps saying things like "At least this update saved me 15 bucks" etc. They delete ANYTHING that is itsy bitsy negative. Yeah. They are panicking...

OK, they are sinking to new lows.... understandable...wonder why they are so touchy these days?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    I've seen these types of posts about this company a few times now in the last few months. I quit DFUW after the free month as it just didn't hook me at all. 

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

This kind of activity is not much different from what I experienced recently with Firefall.  Companies can get away with it legally because it is their forum, but it tends to lead to backlash from other outlets like this forum.

I think game developers have to let go of their egos and take constructive criticism as well as praise.  Learn from what people don't like and improve the game or you will simply lose customers.

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    DF1 was epic, DFUW is awful. AV are even worse.

Originally posted by syntax42

This kind of activity is not much different from what I experienced recently with Firefall.  Companies can get away with it legally because it is their forum, but it tends to lead to backlash from other outlets like this forum.

I think game developers have to let go of their egos and take constructive criticism as well as praise.  Learn from what people don't like and improve the game or you will simply lose customers.

Agreed. To clarify, I wasn't questioning the legality of their actions. They pay for the servers, they can do whatever they want. But that does not mean players will take it laying down. They will reach out to other gaming forums to voice their (negative) opinions!

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    From what I've heard the AV / Darkfall forums are full of negativity, so I'm sure they are just moderating the posts that go way overboard. There's a reason it's always been referred to as forum fall, and these forums on mmorpg.com have had quite a few darkfall haters / fanboys post that they got banned for stating something on the official forums. I say just avoid the forums, they don't listen to suggestions, they delete negativity, they aren't really doing much to communicate with people, they are known to not release things even close to on time ever, df 2010 turned into df 2012, turned into DF:UW. I wish it was a thriving game, with a huge community of nice people but it isn't.
  • ilivesilives Member Posts: 418

InternetQ  will shortly be calling the shots at AV and I hope they clean house.

I think AV is trying to hide the player dissatisfaction from their new masters.

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

Originally posted by Caaahl

Now this. 

"You have been banned for the following reason:

Continued expression of discontent over how the forums are moderated."

Good work, AV. Good work.

Dude, you've been a hardcore follower/supporter of DF. This is a fucking slap in the face.

Originally posted by ilives

InternetQ  is now calling the shots at AV and I hope they clean house.

Holy shit I forgot InternetQ invested in them...Oh dear this is bad.

Originally posted by kinghussien
    Originally posted by ilives

InternetQ  is now calling the shots at AV and I hope they clean house.

Holy shit I forgot InternetQ invested in them...Oh dear this is bad.

InternetQs controlling interest in the company goes into effect at the 7 month mark. ( in 2 weeks)

I really hope this is the final nail in the coffin for Aventurine.

They kept on lying years and years and we stupid gamers wanted to believe that they would get their act together.

But it got worse and worse. 

I am feeling bad for the few developers left who dont get paid anymore anyway, as one of them stated (Claus)... but i hope for a rather soon shutdown of Aventurine.

Lying fraudsters need to learn it the hard way. 

I think Aventurine and Starvault have been a plague on the genre, but had hopes AV would get it right the second time around.

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359
    AV is a horrible company with bad ethics.
  • stuxstux Member Posts: 462

They are deleting whole threads one after another, where people are simply discussing Tasos' recent update.

Some forums mods at darkfalls forums have always been just bad at their job but since today its really getting out of hand.

WOW.

This is true.

It started about a month ago.  

But now, they are deleting TONS of reasonable threads discussing the game's issues.  Banning on top of that.

All I can say is wow AV.  I never thought it would get this bad.

The Claus drunk episode should have been a sign of things to come but many deemed it the savoir of Darkfall.  Starting to look more like the END of darkfall.

Come on AV, apologize, unban people and start patching in fixes and content!  Before its to late a lot of us really want to play the game.  But this is out of hand.

• detectivemodetectivemo Member Posts: 5

This was expected, who makes and announced a MVP secret forum as a major game update?  They lost control of the steam message boards, and with all the cover ups on the RGF boat exploits and the new rules created for them.  I wouldn't recommend playing this game.

Doesn't much matter, their first loan payment is due in a couple of months.  They won't be able to make it, and will all be shown the door.

• stuxstux Member Posts: 462

From the official site:

"LOL conspiracy theories!? What are you talking about? I would say an infraction and purge of posts that say 'at least this update saved me 15 bucks' is fair. I was talking in general where the mods are receiving orders from AV to remove anything that is critical of AV/DFUW."

Quote Originally Posted by Full View Post

qouted by mod Signus

"LOL conspiracy theories!? What are you talking about? I would say an infraction and purge of posts that say 'at least this update saved me 15 bucks' is fair. I was talking in general where the mods are receiving orders from AV to remove anything that is critical of AV/DFUW.

If the mods were getting orders from AV (at a time when everyone in Greece has gone home..) to shut everything negative, why would there be so many negative posts in the thread?

The answer is, negative posts aren't getting deleted, off topic posts are. 

Stuff like this " who gives a shit about chat updates? we want gameplay changes " didn't get deleted, despite being mostly negative. Because it is on topic feedback. There's a difference. "

I hate to tell him they are deleting whole thread of people complaining about the update and its related issue of how there is not patching is killing the game.

So, again, WHOLE THREADS, about issues are getting deleted.  Have been for weeks.  Ones were people are pretty on topic and negative.  Some times not even that negative but discussing problems that need to be addressed. 

• MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289

I got nailed also:

You have been banned for the following reason:

Continuing to post negative comments in an official thread after being warned.

Date the ban will be lifted: 12-01-2013, 7:23 PM

• MischiffMischiff Member Posts: 169
    I wanted to play DF1, but never did, By the time i was ready i was reading that DF:UW was comming out and that there would be a character wipe etc, so figured id just wait some more .. then when DF:UW came out something told me to wait and see what people had to say about it first ... im glad i waited .. all the negative news i heard about AV  just left me not wanting to take a chance on that kind of company and their product .. guess i made the right choice, but wish things could have been different, because that game concept is the type ive been looking for .. So tired of the theme park rides that lead to nowhere.
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Try it for yourself and form your own opinion.   I love darkfall and feel the game is better than all other mmos currently out there.  I wouldn't listen to closely to the people of this forum as they are all haters.   People in game and vent love Darkfall. 

Ps, why is there a YouTube video in my comment...I didn't post and can't edit. 

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Badaboom

Ps, why is there a YouTube video in my comment...I didn't post and can't edit. 

because the real conspiracy is that Google is taking over. Everything.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

Originally posted by Badaboom Try it for yourself and form your own opinion.   I love darkfall and feel the game is better than all other mmos currently out there.  I wouldn't listen to closely to the people of this forum as they are all haters.   People in game and vent love Darkfall.  Ps, why is there a YouTube video in my comment...I didn't post and can't edit. 

Dude, most of the people posting in this thread have been following Darkfall for almost a decade. I heard about Darkfall in 2005. I missed beta in 2009, but I started sometime in 2010 and even though it caused me great frustration being a full loot game, I thought it was awesome and it ruined other MMO's for me. We all wanted Darkfall to succeed, but for the longest while AV abandoned us.

I got love for DF and so do alot of other people. But everybody has a limit in terms of how much bullshit they can take from AV. We aren't haters of DF. I would love more than anything for DF to be immensely successful, but AV keeps fucking with their community instead of supporting it.

People are getting banned. Their posts are getting deleted. All because their opinion of DF isn't 'positive' which is wholly subjective. New players and potential players shouldn't try DF, not because its a horrible game, but because we cannot allow companies like AV to keep suckering us in.

P.S. DF1 is being disassembled/decompiled so dont lose hope that DF1 will live again.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

After the first time they sold this game, and all of tasos' lies, it should not be a surprise.

Indie company that is just trying to stay afloat will try anything (lying, censoring, manipulation), sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

They did succeed in selling you guys the same game twice, so grats on that one AV.

This discussion has been closed.