Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Life is Feudal: Crowd Funding Program Begins

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

BitBox has announced that it has started an Indigogo crowd funding program for Life is Feudal. The game is slated for a 2014 release and the team also hinted that the alpha phase of development will soon be on its way.

Beginning today, independent games developer ‘BitBox’ kicks off a crowdfunding campaign, and encourages gamers worldwide to pledge their support to their hardcore PC MMORPG, ‘Life Is Feudal’. Currently in development for the PC, this innovative and groundbreaking game challenges players to thrive and survive in a vast and immersive medieval fictional world.

Aimed at MMORPG players seeking the ultimate gaming experience, ‘Life Is Feudal’ is scheduled to be available as a playable ALPHA by the end of 2013, while a BETA release including more content and additional features is scheduled for a 2014 release, pending the outcome of the ongoing crowdfunding campaign.

Find out more and get involved in Life is Feudal's Indiegogo crowd funding campaign.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

While I'm really looking forward to this game, I just can't get behind any of the KS begging campaigns.

When it's available, I'll buy it, and pay a sub if it has one.  That's it, though.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Liked everything besides player loot and the combat. I'm sure the combat will improve but I've never been a fan a full player loot systems. I suppose it's what makes a game hardcore and adds a more realistic element.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

LOL@ 0:48 in the vid

• SabbicatSabbicat Member UncommonPosts: 290
    I found that after seeing the developers in the video my expectations for this game as dropped drastically. Hopefully I am wrong.
  • RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 805
    Well this isn't going to happen.
    I like to complain about games.
  • IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

sounds interesting more so then before.. but... wtf is up with the terraforming.. last time i checked you dont dig to raise dirt O-o... and the animations look very very clunky/rough i hope thats just do to being a concept/alpha build and not the final product...

all in all the game seems .. ok, not sure if its worth a ks but thats just me iv gotten to the point that ks/preordering anything is stupid as fk

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Wurm online?

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• TorzonborzTorzonborz Member UncommonPosts: 6

Combat system different in this game and will be somewhat more beautiful possibly. :D

But I dont understand why in Indigogo ? KS not more popular ?

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by Rohn

While I'm really looking forward to this game, I just can't get behind any of the KS begging campaigns.

When it's available, I'll buy it, and pay a sub if it has one.  That's it, though.

Begging???  This is called support the game or don't, if you people want different games it costs alot of money and this AAA companies won't make anything like this or as creative, so again, why are you complaining... Support them or don't. I find it funny how you people think its so cheap to make a game and so easy.. When you have no idea...  To many of you complain you want advertisement, and when companies do you complain, there is no middle ground on this forums at all... Its nothing but whining.. I wish for once some of you would make your own games, so DEVS can whine about what you made... or were you work 24/7... You people are never happy, no matter what they do..

Makes me sick.

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by Spiider
    Wurm online?

You sir have never played Wurm, next you will call it WOW..

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by Darkcrystal

Begging???  This is called support the game or don't, if you people want different games it costs alot of money and this AAA companies won't make anything like this or as creative, so again, why are you complaining... Support them or don't. I find it funny how you people think its so cheap to make a game and so easy.. When you have no idea...  To many of you complain you want advertisement, and when companies do you complain, there is no middle ground on this forums at all... Its nothing but whining.. I wish for once some of you would make your own games, so DEVS can whine about what you made... or were you work 24/7... You people are never happy, no matter what they do..

Makes me sick.

They beg for free money so they can set themselves up with a job.

It's begging, plain and simple.  If it were investors they were looking for - people fronting money with the possibility of a return - that would be different.

But they are looking for free money to start a business with.  Begging, and that makes me sick.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Wurm online?

And you sir are wrong. This looks a lot like what wurm already offers just with fancy graphics.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• finalreviewfinalreview Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by Torzonborz

Combat system different in this game and will be somewhat more beautiful possibly. :D

But I dont understand why in Indigogo ? KS not more popular ?

They are a small group from Europe with no access to Kickstarter, so they had to go with indiegogo.

• wadxwadx Member UncommonPosts: 8
    terraforming in LiF is a lot more advanced from Wurm Online. 
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Makes me sick.

They beg for free money so they can set themselves up with a job.

It's begging, plain and simple.  If it were investors they were looking for - people fronting money with the possibility of a return - that would be different.

But they are looking for free money to start a business with.  Begging, and that makes me sick.

I think that's a harsh way of looking at it. Dark does have a point in that you're going to be hard pressed to find these kinds of ideas outside of indie projects. If all you want is the status quo you have plenty of options, so I'm not sure why you'd want to attack those trying to bring something else to the table. No one said you have to contribute to a KS or similar funding outlet. You're more than welcome to wait for a finished product before putting down any money, if a project gains your interest.

Those backing these projects do so to support their chosen hobby, it's a risk they're willing to take, you're not.. so be it. Nothing will really explain your reaction to it though.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• OntblodOntblod Member UncommonPosts: 195

Dam, imagine TESO with combat like this.

Well Im gonna support this,  open seamless world in realistic medieval environment got me sold.

• finalreviewfinalreview Member Posts: 12
    With no support the game will never happen so your point is mute.
  • madjonNZmadjonNZ Member Posts: 143

Wow - Thats a really lame thing to say to be honest....

The amount of work that goes into a KS or indiegogo presentation at the personal cost of all involved is sometimes HUGE,  then with great hope they 'pre-sell' their game to make their dream a reality.  I see so many people on these forums with ideas for new games or existing games - for most KS and Indiegogo etc are they're only real avenue.

The word "begging"  is poorly chosen.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Wurm online?

Have you played Wurm Online because the game does remind me of Wurm Online, not that its a bad thing. Wurm Online offers many of this features this game has, in fact it offers more.

http://wurmonline.com/about-the-game/

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by madjonNZ

Wow - Thats a really lame thing to say to be honest....

The amount of work that goes into a KS or indiegogo presentation at the personal cost of all involved is sometimes HUGE,  then with great hope they 'pre-sell' their game to make their dream a reality.  I see so many people on these forums with ideas for new games or existing games - for most KS and Indiegogo etc are they're only real avenue.

The word "begging"  is poorly chosen.

+1image

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Makes me sick.

just read their post history, they talk like this all the time.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

The only question I have is why is Life is Feudal's logo a knife and a sickle arrange in a way to look like a communist party symbol?

Isn't Feudalism the direct opposite of communism? lol

Just found that odd

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

If everyone thought like this then a lot of these recent games would never get made.

Big publishers do not want to put money behind these types of games so basically if everyone thought the same as you then it would never be available. :)

• HalldorHalldor Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Meh. Real life MMO. Not interesting.
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by Rohn Originally posted by Darkcrystal Originally posted by Rohn While I'm really looking forward to this game, I just can't get behind any of the KS begging campaigns. When it's available, I'll buy it, and pay a sub if it has one.  That's it, though.
    Begging???  This is called support the game or don't, if you people want different games it costs alot of money and this AAA companies won't make anything like this or as creative, so again, why are you complaining... Support them or don't. I find it funny how you people think its so cheap to make a game and so easy.. When you have no idea...  To many of you complain you want advertisement, and when companies do you complain, there is no middle ground on this forums at all... Its nothing but whining.. I wish for once some of you would make your own games, so DEVS can whine about what you made... or were you work 24/7... You people are never happy, no matter what they do..     Makes me sick.
      They beg for free money so they can set themselves up with a job. It's begging, plain and simple.  If it were investors they were looking for - people fronting money with the possibility of a return - that would be different. But they are looking for free money to start a business with.  Begging, and that makes me sick.
    I think that's a harsh way of looking at it. Dark does have a point in that you're going to be hard pressed to find these kinds of ideas outside of indie projects. If all you want is the status quo you have plenty of options, so I'm not sure why you'd want to attack those trying to bring something else to the table. No one said you have to contribute to a KS or similar funding outlet. You're more than welcome to wait for a finished product before putting down any money, if a project gains your interest.

Those backing these projects do so to support their chosen hobby, it's a risk they're willing to take, you're not.. so be it. Nothing will really explain your reaction to it though.

To not look like beggers, maybe they should allow a ROI for backers? you know, like a proper business loan?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development