Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release 2013 or 2014

odienmanodienman Member UncommonPosts: 61
I kinda let this game go for a while once I heard they were delaying it till middle of 2014 next year, did things change?  Or is the status here at MMORPG just not been uptdated?  If so then I'm highly interested again.....

Comments

• feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330
    Q2 2014.  Probably around April.
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by feena750

Actually its Spring 2014 which runs from the end of Q1 2014 to Q2 2014, so it could be March, April, May, June.

There Is Always Hope!

• RhazmuzRhazmuz Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Originally posted by keithian

Actually its Spring 2014 which runs from the end of Q1 2014 to Q2 2014, so it could be March, April, May, June.

Since when is June considered a part of spring?

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

i wont expect it our until at least may or june at the very soonest. that is my guess at least.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Rhazmuz
    Originally posted by keithian Originally posted by feena750 Q2 2014.  Probably around April.

well technically, the first 20 days of june next year will still be spring :D

Originally posted by baphamet

Originally posted by feena750 Q2 2014.  Probably around April.

well technically, the first 20 days of june next year will still be spring :D

exactly. For a second I thought I was on a different planet lol.

There Is Always Hope!

• RampajiRampaji Member Posts: 50
    I think 1st quarter 2014 maybe april.

Be the change you want to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi

Originally posted by Rampaji

lol April is not the 1st quarter. Read my posts above for an accurate range based on what they stated is Spring 2014.

There Is Always Hope!

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by odienman
    I kinda let this game go for a while once I heard they were delaying it till middle of 2014 next year, did things change?  Or is the status here at MMORPG just not been uptdated?  If so then I'm highly interested again.....

If delaying to late spring/summer of 2014 is what it takes to make this a Elder Scrolls game set in a online world instead of a generic theme park MMO set in the TSO universe I'll be happy to wait.

• DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Originally posted by Rampaji

lol April is not the 1st quarter. Read my posts above for an accurate range based on what they stated is Spring 2014.

It depends on the country, or more exactly on when does the fiscal year ends.

In the US the fiscal year starts on October so April is Q3, as Q2 ends on the 31st of March, in the UK the 1st of April is the start of the fiscal year and so April is very much Q1 there. :)

As most game publishers are US based companies, and given that the US is the largest western market for video games(being bigger than the entire EU combined) even those who are not usually follow the US fiscal year. This is why most Q1 games are released during the holiday season of the "previous" calendar year, as Q1 in the US ends on December 31st.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

They didn't say "Q1" or "Q2". They said "Spring"

The first trimester of the year has 0.3 months of "spring" and the second one 2.7 months... if I were a betting man I'd say the second trimester... which apparently can be called Q1, Q2, or Q5 depending on where you live and your financial persuasion image

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by baphamet

technically, the first 20 days of june next year will still be spring :D

my bets are on June

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    I say summer release 2014.
  • DancingQueenDancingQueen Member Posts: 201

MMORPG's always gets delayed so Q3 2014 is more likely, imo.

• Oph8Oph8 Member Posts: 177
    Heh, I can't wait.

"Everything is mine and your woman too"

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402

Depending on a lot of factors like ZOS responding to feedbacks or not vs how much Zenimax wants money over a lasting product the game will either release close to June or in 2015...

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    I am hoping for a march / april release but I am betting on a june / july release.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by jdnewell
    I am hoping for a march / april release but I am betting on a june / july release.

April 1st release...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599

This had to have been answered.... Since when hasn't it? Do you know what day spring ends... Hint, nearing the end of June.