Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 Full Burst ( PC Version )

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Huge fan of the anime and been waiting for this to come to PC. Just got it a few days ago and really enjoying it. Anybody else got the game on pc or console?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/234670/

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    how is the online part? A friend of mine got it on steam and told me the netcode is horrible. I want to buy it on steam but i dont find single player fighting games fun anymore. I would buy it for the online play but if the netcode is bad i wont bother with it on PC (SF X Tekken had the same issue on PC).

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629

Planning on purchasing it in a couple of days- only thing holding me back is the fact that I do not own a PS3/Xbox controller adapter for PC.

How is it working out on the keyboard for you?

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Have not touched online yet. Huge fan of the story and this game is heavy on story in single player so I will finish it first. When I got the game I also went to Gamestop and got a cheap controller for $19.99 that works great.

• RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Playing a fighting game on keyboard is about as effective as playing a fighting game using a Racing Wheel.  If you are going to spend $40-50 on the game you can grab a $20 Afterglow 360 controller from amazon to actually enjoy it.
  • funnylordfunnylord Member UncommonPosts: 3
    is the battle and gameplay more fluid this time. or still choppy and turn based feel?
  • TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629
    Originally posted by RollieJoe
    Playing a fighting game on keyboard is about as effective as playing a fighting game using a Racing Wheel.  If you are going to spend $40-50 on the game you can grab a $20 Afterglow 360 controller from amazon to actually enjoy it.

Playing a game like WAR THUNDER for example: is a-lot easier for me using keyboard & mouse instead of a joystiq/throttle and such. Iv been a PC gamer for so long, Iv pretty much mastered the use of a keyboard and mouse. The game arrived on the PC therefore id expect a functioning game that uses a standard Keyboard & Mouse effectively.

Do you think playing a racing game is best played on a controller or a keyboard & mouse?

Are you someone who truly believes that fighting games are best played on a controller, or as you said as if your playing a fighting game using a racing wheel which is meant specifically for racing games only. Therefore I would never think to use a racing wheel for a fighting game, cause it's not made for it.

Forgive my lack of humor and understanding, as Iv never played a fighting game on a PC before. Thus I'm unable to gauge if a fighting game can be truly played on a mouse&keyboard. Some people believe racing games like DIRT-3/Showdown are meant to be played on a controller. For me personally since iv mastered a keyboard and mouse- im so much more effective using it instead of a controller.

I want to know if its possible to play a fighting game, using only a standard KEYBOARD & MOUSE, or is what you're saying for real? Is it unplayable without a controller or perhaps annoying/bothersome to not use one? an inconvenience?

Can anyone confirm this, or do people automatically use a controller and nobody bothers to try to use a keyboard and mouse? I play everything on a keyboard & mouse, a controller is more likely to slow me down. I prefer a M & KBoard ;)

This game could be played with a keyboard and mouse if you got the skills to do it. Its not like Street Fighter where you have to do different motions to pull of specials.
    Originally posted by funnylord
    is the battle and gameplay more fluid this time. or still choppy and turn based feel?

It has always been smooth and  fluid to me with the substitution ( combo breaker ) type game play.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    The story is great for a fighting game and really long from what i remember (10+ hours, 20+ with extras). But the combat in my opinion is too easy, it's two buttons and a couple of items, which is fine, but just not really in depth enough for a fighter.
  • DirkPittGTDirkPittGT Member Posts: 11

Game is awesomely ported to PC. I have a F310 gamepad which helps a lot for a game having problems with keyboard.

Story is great and if you don't skip conversations and videos it took 30 hours to finish. As a Naruto fan i found my fighting game for the year. :)