Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mmorpg/ARPG with Diablo-style loot system?

snubisnubi Member Posts: 4

Diablo 2(And somewhat diablo 3) is my favorite game of all time, mainly because of the loot system. I really like the idea of items thats not strictly organized into tiers like in wow and most other mmo's

I have been playing path of exile recently but im becomming bored. So i was wondering if anyone know of other mmorpg's/ARPG's with randomly generated items like Diablo and path of exile.

I dont care wether or not they are isometric non-isometric, 2D/3D. And its okay if its lobby based like diablo.

Comments

• goldtoofgoldtoof Member Posts: 337
    Torchlight 2

It's more like diablo 2 than diablo 3 is.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Torchlight 2  but you probably already know that game

Marvel Heroes is diablo inspired

• snubisnubi Member Posts: 4

Thanks for the suggestions, keep them comming.

I will be checking out marvel heroes. I do know about torchlight, but being part of an economy is very important to me. And as i understand it torchlight is singleplayer/lan only right?

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

If you like hacking and slashing, stay away from Path of Exile.  That game is Diablo-inspired, but the imbalance which favors ranged combat makes me unhappy that I spent money on it.  If you like ranged combat in your ARPGs, you might like Path of Exile.

Torchlight 2 is one of the better hack-and-slash games released recently.  It can be played online with Steam friends, but multiplayer is not a major feature.  It works fine if both players are the same level.

Cube World by Picroma is a 3-D ARPG.  It is in a very playable alpha state, but the development is slow due to it being worked on by only one person.

• BlizzardShillBlizzardShill Member UncommonPosts: 37

There's a game called Drox Operative that's Diablo-like, except it's in space and it puts you in the middle of an AI-controlled strategy game randomly generated for each match.  You're not one of the factions looking for control, but as an individual you can play politics and influence the outcome of the sector or just blow things up that get in your way.  The strategy game layer is really interesting and the game does have a demo you can try (full game costs $20, and there's also an expansion).

The developer behind Drox Operative also has a few other Diablo-like games that have considerable depth.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Torchlight 2 is a much more arcade version of a diablo game. More spamming and more about exploiting mob AI than just blowing things up.

It is an older game but you could probably pick up Titan Quest pretty cheap and that was one of the better games of that style. To be honest it was better than D2~.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Ender4

you could probably pick up Titan Quest pretty cheap and that was one of the better games of that style. To be honest it was better than D2~.

for single player

Divine Divinity is a great ARPG but it doesnt have the class skill variety that Titan Quest has

http://store.steampowered.com/video/214170