Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Life is Feudal - Sandbox Medieval MMO

snubisnubi Member Posts: 4

Just found this, what do you guys think?

Link:

http://lifeisfeudal.com/

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxHOjZLRxAg&feature=youtu.be

KEY FEATURES

Life is Feudal is a Realistic Medieval Hardcore Sandbox MMORPG. No more, no less! And our features proove it all.

Sandbox

Full, unlimited terraforming possibilities

Digging tunnels, mines and moats - expanding them in all dimensions and almost without limitations.

Raising and lowering ground levels with sloping effects

Multiple ground substances (soil, rock, granite, ore veins, clay, sand etc.). You will see them, you will feel how hard it is to dig them, you will actually use them in crafting.

Road paving for speeding up your settlement economy or for ethical purposes.

Free build

Per square or per structure city planning and building on any part of global map.

One big persistent seamless world

Aprox. 450 square kilometers of different landscapes and climates waiting to be claimed by you! And no loading screens while you travel.

Skillcap and statcap

Skillcap and statcap system that will allow you to make almost any combination of skills that you think you need to have. Read more...

Minigames

Some crafting skills are fun by themselves (tunnel building/mining, alchemy experiments, construction/architecture) but some skills are plainly boring (make 1000 boards for a house, then 10000 more for a keep). Our plan, is to introduce more fun, immersion and competition into crafting abilities by providing minigames both in-game and out-game on our site directly! Read more...

Hardcore

Full loot and free PvP

PvP varying from free/random PvP to organized sieges, or even organized field battles, where two sides will be able to enlist a certain amount of participants on their sides and fight for territory without intervention of 3rd parties (unless those 3rd parties were enlisted by one of the sides). Read more...

Death penalties and alignment system

When you die, you will loose a portion of your skills, depending on you alignment status, eg. how good or bad you are. Read more...

Realism

Rich crafting system

Crafting system, utilizing all type of ingredients of medieval era, and some fiction ingredients too (herbalism, healing and alchemy)

Survival mechanics

Hunger and food complexity meter, numerous wilderness survival skills and abilities. Read more...

Local banking

You store your belongings where you put them.

No target combat

Melee and ranged combat systems, which take physics in account and does not have any target lock ons. Read more...

Realistic body damage and status 

Double Hit Points bar and double Stamina bar that fully represent your consciousness, health, breath and overall exhaustion. Read more...

Each body part can recieve wound, bleeding wound and fracture, that will affect your performance and will require a healing.

Private property and land claims

A complex private and realm property system with such player made entities like orders, realms, kingdoms, private households. Read more...

Minimum grind

Skills are measured from 0 to 100. Reaching skill level 90 will be relatively easy (2-5 days of “powergaming” or few weeks of relaxed evening gaming) and will give access to full powers in a skill, while reaching skill level 100 will take a HUGE amount of effort and will not provide you with any ingame advantage, except title and something you can show off to others to be recognized and worshipped. 

... and many more other features, that you will definetly like.

Comments

• Vexus_XVexus_X Member UncommonPosts: 57

This looks great.

You can kind of tell from their systems, like the wood chopping mini-game, that they are thinking about their processes a bit more than predecessors.  I am going to check it out more now.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

It sounds exactly like what so many ppl here ask for every day. Being a small company the graphics will of course never be what millions of dollars could make them but they're still pretty good. the combat damage thing was neat and being a true sandbox is something you don't often see. I wonder what the world will look like ina few years of people digging.

It will be interesting to see if asking for it on a forum and actually enjoying it once you play it work out like they said it would :)

• rowalowarowalowa Member CommonPosts: 6

From watching the video it seams like its darkfall/minecraft themed. I must say it looks very cool. I hope it dosnt get that ''shit stamp'' as many games tend to do, and then realizing it and patch it later. Get it right from the start. Still though, looks pretty sweet.

Also, the hardcore stuff really gets me going for it. I need a new game to sink my time in too. And for the love of god, no micro transactions/ buy 2 win.

• Neo_ViperNeo_Viper Member UncommonPosts: 609

Too bad it's another indie developer thinking sandbox means FFA PvP.

Another game to join DFO and MO in the failure category.

My computer is better than yours.

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

Will take another 10 years for them to make it.

Not interested in any game until its close to release.

Does my tits in following shit for years and years and years and years and yeas, you get my point.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    I want to play it now :(

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by Neo_Viper

You mean FULL LOOT FFA PVP?

Yeah, pretty much this.

Goodbye to the same pile of fail with DFO, MO and upcoming ToA.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Many promises similar to MO and Xsyon.  It looks awesome but I do worry about them biting off more than they can chew.

The tera-forming and "free" building has shown in the past to be a major issue for servers / rendering etc.  

That type of inventory system where items are not in 'boxes" and are loose has caused many developers problems and they almost always resort to a grid inventory due to database / tracking location of each item etc. (yes I know UO did it but even they admit they had no idea that they would even have to optimize things for packets etc.)

I am going to assume they mean "economical" reasons for road building rather than "ethical"  Unless you want to build a road so you can take food to the poor.  Never mind I just read this "Road paving for speeding up your settlement economy or for ethical purposes." . . .aesthetic maybe?  Or maybe they actually mean ethical.

I wish them all the best and hope it works out well but I am going to wait this time until after I see it . . and see it with decent server load. :)  Nah never mind I know I will sink time into this the same way I have every other potential PvP sandbox. . . but this one. . this is the last time! :)

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Originally posted by Mad+Dog

Will take another 10 years for them to make it.

Not interested in any game until its close to release.

Does my tits in following shit for years and years and years and years and yeas, you get my point.

I was with you and agreeing right until the "Does my tits in following" part.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• MambaliciousMambalicious Member Posts: 14
    Seems promising.
  • maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511

Seens like UO in  better graphics!

I hope they can deliver these promises (in no so much time) without being a bugfest.

Seens they are making a REALISTIC Middle Ages setting, with no so much fantasy elements ("low fantasy").

Isn't possible to make a realistic world simulator (with all its economical and political consequences) without realistic interactions between all elements of it, including the player controled characters.

Originally posted by maccarthur2004

Seens they are making a REALISTIC Middle Ages setting, with no so much fantasy elements ("low fantasy").

Isn't possible to make a realistic world simulator (with all its economical and political consequences) without realistic interactions between all elements of it, including the player controled characters.

Claiming your game is realistic is stupid anyway. It's not realistic, period.

Putting in features that will alienate 99% of your potential playerbase in the name of realism is even more stupid.

Originally posted by tom_gore

Putting in features that will alienate 99% of your potential playerbase in the name of realism is even more stupid.

The target audience of this indie mmo is the pvp sandboxers. It isn't targeted to people that hate pvp so much until the point to avoid playing only because it (the "carebears").

This mmo has its target already defined, and since it isn't a big budget production, it dont need WoW  numbers.

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    Agree with most members above.  I'll wait until I have a few hours in game before critiquing, so a few years?  Most of the games that look or sound good end-up being  boring catastrophes.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

No, it's not stupid at all.

Unless they think 99% of MMORPG players want super-realism, that is. In that case, they're not stupid, they're morons.

But if they intend targeting a specific niche and have realistic expectations of the numbers, then all is well. If they can launch with 75% of their features implemented AND working, they could be the "EVE-Online" of medieval games.

Time will tell how intrusive their Cash Shop will be. Sure, it's B2P to actually get off the "starter island", but how much will they rely on the CS for ongoing funding ?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

I completely disagree.

Putting in features that will alienate 99% of their player base and THINKING that they will tap into this player base is "stupid".

Putting in features that will alienate 99% of their player base and knowing that they will alienate this player base BUT their game does not rely on that 99% player base is smart.

If the know their demographic and plan accordingly as far as subs or "cash shop" or whatever business model they use, then they will get a good devoted playerbase

and that is the smart thing.

Provided their game is good of course.

Designing for the masses isn't always a desired trait.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

And thinking that you know what player base they are trying to attract is stupid. You thinking the devs haven't though of this is stupid.

What makes you think that every dev mmo team should cater to the masses?

Many countless mmo's that cater to the likes of you, go play one of those if you don't like the direction of this game.

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012
    Another Indy cash grab where they think that, making big empty world where people can kill one another, kill another, kill each other and uhh...kill each other and promising some redeeming qualities later on, is a road to anywhere but bankrubcy.
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Yeah, pretty much this.

^^This^^

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    Originally posted by kishe
    Another Indy cash grab where they think that, making big empty world where people can kill one another, kill another, kill each other and uhh...kill each other and promising some redeeming qualities later on, is a road to anywhere but bankrubcy.

Lol, I guess nobody should try to be different.  You can make any game sound mundane.  You clearly don't understand or commenting disingenuously if you think the goal is just to kill each other.   You could question the goal of games that's content is remarkably close to completing multiple chores.

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    Originally posted by The1ceQueen

Yeah, pretty much this.

^^This^^

There is a reason for it.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

The game's been listed on MMORPG.com for quite a while.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/631/Life-is-Feudal.html

Been following it for a while.  Hate the name, but the concepts look very good.

Seems a very long way off, unfortunately.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    image  why can't i play now?
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Alright since it seems my point went off the mark here, let me elaborate a bit.

This has already been attempted by Darkfall and Mortal Online. Granted, both are still running (though I hear the latter is in financial trouble) but is there really room for more? We already have ToA contending for this same very, very small niche.

In the meantime, we have exactly zero, ZERO open world sandbox games which would offer consensual (player faction based) PvP, despite the fact the target audience for such a game is MUCH bigger than the FFA Full Loot PvP niche.

I don't know what the developers' expectations are, but I don't think they're aiming for three-digit subscriber/paying customer numbers, which is probably what they will get, at best.