Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: EXCLUSIVE NEWS: Issue 8 Releasing Next Week & Tokyo Details

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During a developer demo of the Issue 8 augments and scenario system (full article coming later today or early from Bill Murphy), Joel Bylos let slip that Issue 8 will be releasing next week giving players full access to the brand new Augments System, Scenarios, and the Council of Venice Story setting up the Issue 9 tale that will take players into Tokyo.

Speaking of Tokyo, Joel also let loose a few minor details: 

• Tokyo will include the Aegis system, and Joel cryptically hinted that this will be a massive lateral progression system that will further diversify the build of your characters.  

• Additionally, it's still undecided whether Tokyo will be have to be purchased to access, or if it will be free to all players so be sure to let your voice be heard on the forums!

The full in-depth preview of Issue 8 and the brand new Augments and Scenario systems will be coming later today.  For now, let us know what you want the Aegis system to be all about and how much you're looking forward to Tokyo in Issue 9!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291
    Do you really have to ask us how much we are looking forward to Tokyo hehe!
  • marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    BRING IT!

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Great news!  Been looking forward to it.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

awsome!!!!

on a side note: they should charge-why not? - they deserve the credit!!!  I think its TSW payback time!

and so many nameless mmo's out there are charging for crap.

cant wait!!!!

=)

• TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314

I mean, the gamer in me totally wants Issue 9 for free!!!  I mean, Tokyo for free would be an awesome thank you for everybody who is still playing and a great incentive to get people to come try the game and get new blood.  New blood is money in the bank and people coming back and liking what they see could bring additional income.

However, They deserve to charge for Tokyo too.  They put a lot of hard work into it and it is a risk to release it for free.  I know I will buy issue 9, like I have bought all of them.  I should of subscribed for three months to TSW than FF:AAR....  Oh well.  I am excited for this.

• Psion33Psion33 Member Posts: 248
    This is a subsidized gamer's wet dream!
  • Psion33Psion33 Member Posts: 248
    Originally posted by TheRealDarkeus

I mean, the gamer in me totally wants Issue 9 for free!!!  I mean, Tokyo for free would be an awesome thank you for everybody who is still playing and a great incentive to get people to come try the game and get new blood.  New blood is money in the bank and people coming back and liking what they see could bring additional income.

However, They deserve to charge for Tokyo too.  They put a lot of hard work into it and it is a risk to release it for free.  I know I will buy issue 9, like I have bought all of them.  I should of subscribed for three months to TSW than FF:AAR....  Oh well.  I am excited for this.

I just puked in my mouth.

Are you serious? Free content on a B2P game? Sigh. Broke d*. Move along.

• DeeterDeeter Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Wait wtf I could have sworn they were talking about releasing Tokyo early this year I can't believe they still haven't added a new zone lol
  • TorvacTorvac Member UncommonPosts: 135
    as always he full of shit. the system will push players further into roles. no sane person will grind the insane amount of time&ressources needed to augment support/tank/dps and healing skills for endgame.
  • warhippowarhippo Member Posts: 2
    They would be INSANE not to charge for Tokyo.
  • DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

Quote from the official forums from Joel

"Before this turns into anything.

Tokyo will have a payment associated. What I said was we haven't decided what is being given out for free or not. It won't all be free, or even most of it."

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• Xeno2012Xeno2012 Member UncommonPosts: 10

In my opinion, those that worry about "the grind" to further diversify horizontally really don't "get it": there is no grind.  By the time you get to the highest QL gear, you can do everything in the game reasonably well, even without a full basic ability wheel.  As you do missions, instances, raids, whatever, the XP roll in and you will have plenty to eventually get everything.  There is no race.  Just play the game and enjoy it.

As long as you don't hate modern, dark games, it has the best stories, backdrops and missions in gaming.  If you want to do the new scenarios, do them.  If you don't, don't.  The new stuff is just further options; it is horizontal, not vertical.  This is not the typical game where "this season's gear makes last season's gear worthless".

Just play.  ;)