Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Camelot Unchained: Peeking in on the Veil

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Camelot Unchained is one of the most closely watched of the crowd-sourced indie MMOs currently in development. We take a look at recent revelations from the dev team before asking you to head to the comments to add your thoughts.

In early October CSE started a series of Question and Answer sessions titled Piercing the Veil (PtV). They have conducted two of these sessions so far. During the first PtV the first serious question discussed guild alliances. We found out that guilds will formally be able to enter into alliances with other guilds. This will allow for easier group formation and intel sharing between the members of your realm. 

Read more of Rob Lashley's Camelot Unchained: Peeking in on the Veil.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• HealthyGamerHealthyGamer Member Posts: 25
    For those people that wanted to donate to CSE but didn't get a chance in the original Kickstarter campaign, they will be reopening donations soon. This is confirmed here and via an email I recieved from their support. I am glad because I missed the original campaign and it looks like crafters might have access to some things like dyes that will be in demand.
  • Renee_MRenee_M Member Posts: 1

Nice piece Robert, thanks.

@HealthyGame is correct, Folks who would like to become Founders (or upgrade Tiers) can keep an eye on our Camelot Unchained FB page for the Paypal re-launch. 

I shall do less /ducking and /dodging the further into development we get :p  I am happy to know that folks are enjoying these early-stage Piercing the Veils!

Renée Machyousky, City State Entertainment, Community Manager

• FlyinDutchman87FlyinDutchman87 Member UncommonPosts: 336

GASP!

A wild CSE dev appears!

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    I have my doubts that a crowd sourced MMO will be much to look at.  I wish them luck and maybe they can prove me wrong.
  • SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861

Thanks for the write-up, Rob. And thanks for popping in, Renée! Can't wait for Pt 3, or for development to reach the stage that allows for class/race specifics to be discussed openly. Super-interested in seeing what goes down. 

One relatively harmless question that could be asked is: has the issue of crafter gear been discussed in regard to the possibilities of it affecting gameplay in a roughly-equivalent fashion to combatant gear? Will it be the same range of gear but perhaps imbued with different bonuses/properties? I am imagining crafters perhaps wanting different outfits when tinkering at home and when heading into a contested zone to fortify a beleaguered fort. I know Mark has stated that he liked the idea of anyone being able to TRY using any gear, but that certain stat or ability factors could make it problematic in a practical sense.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Here's what they should do...Take DAoC how it is today.  

Step 1: Rewrite the game to have no instancing or zoning.

Step 2: Remove Expansions Including Dragon fights, and all that lame high level PvE stuff hehe

Step 3:  Remove Mauler, Vampiir, Heretic, and Valkyrie

Step 4: Rework a new graphics engine

Step 5: Release :D

Just my 5 R's to Re-release...I'm a cheapskate and don't want to work all the time on it, and they're not, but if they did at least those 5 things, I'd buy into it again for another ~6 years off and on :)

Edit: let me clarify.  I did like SI and DF, but the others were kinda meh.  So, you could keep them I suppose hehe :)
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Gravarg, no something like that is what EA Mythic should do. CSE is making a new game although it is unquestionably heavily inspired by DAOC.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861
    ^^For which I am grateful. Loved DAoC, but it had its time. Here's hoping CU is something awesome AND new :)