Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Battlefield 4: 900p on PS4, 720p on XBOX One with less features!

13»

Comments

  • Vunak23Vunak23 In your house eatin'' your cookies, FLPosts: 635Member

    Tis good to be a PC gamer. Don't have to worry about the static downgraded hardware that the consoles have. 900p and 720p... lol. Not to mention the terrible controller control scheme for an FPS... mouse and keyboard/Mouse and Joystick will always outperform a controller. 

    Play on boys/gals with your aim assist on the consoles. 

    "In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

  • TissmogiTissmogi Portland, OHPosts: 177Member
    Originally posted by Vunak23

    Tis good to be a PC gamer. Don't have to worry about the static downgraded hardware that the consoles have. 900p and 720p... lol. Not to mention the terrible controller control scheme for an FPS... mouse and keyboard/Mouse and Joystick will always outperform a controller. 

    Play on boys/gals with your aim assist on the consoles. 

    Agree 100%, it's sad both are next gen and still ahve not made the step to 1080p, hence my reluctance in buying either of them.

    FPS with controllers is something i can never understand. I am probably too stupid to do it. For racing however i prefer a controller even on the PC.

     

  • TissmogiTissmogi Portland, OHPosts: 177Member
    Originally posted by deniromonk
    Originally posted by Tissmogi
    Originally posted by deniromonk
    Originally posted by Tissmogi
    Originally posted by deniromonk

    Why are you talking about FPS and "balanced systems"? I dont care what microsoft says about their system, its far inferior to the PS4

    So lest go back to my actual comment. Your OP says the xbox doesnt have HBAO.....the same article you quoted says that although it wasnt in the build they tested, DICE confirmed they were adding it in the xbox version before launch.

    Why did you omit that in your OP?

    Because it came in an update after i posted here. Reading comprehensions my friend.

    " [Update: DICE's tech mastermind Johan Andersson has been in touch to say that AO will be the same on the final Xbox One version.]" 

    That "update" was added in that article yestersay...

    Your post went up today...

    I am pretty sure trolling is against the rules on these boards.

    Maybe in your timezone, not in mine. When i posted there was no update, that came much later.

    PS: calling someone a troll around here is considered trolling, just fyi.

    No matter how you want to spin it, the article was updated well before your post went up on this site.

    You should prob just leave it alone now, I get what you are trying to do.

    I am tired of arguing with you since you obviously know better when i posted and when it was updated. Now please stop spamming this thread. Thank you.

  • MMOManiacsMMOManiacs New York, NYPosts: 189Member
    Originally posted by Tissmogi
    Originally posted by deniromonk
    Originally posted by Tissmogi
    Originally posted by deniromonk
    Originally posted by Tissmogi
    Originally posted by deniromonk

    Why are you talking about FPS and "balanced systems"? I dont care what microsoft says about their system, its far inferior to the PS4

    So lest go back to my actual comment. Your OP says the xbox doesnt have HBAO.....the same article you quoted says that although it wasnt in the build they tested, DICE confirmed they were adding it in the xbox version before launch.

    Why did you omit that in your OP?

    Because it came in an update after i posted here. Reading comprehensions my friend.

    " [Update: DICE's tech mastermind Johan Andersson has been in touch to say that AO will be the same on the final Xbox One version.]" 

    That "update" was added in that article yestersay...

    Your post went up today...

    I am pretty sure trolling is against the rules on these boards.

    Maybe in your timezone, not in mine. When i posted there was no update, that came much later.

    PS: calling someone a troll around here is considered trolling, just fyi.

    No matter how you want to spin it, the article was updated well before your post went up on this site.

    You should prob just leave it alone now, I get what you are trying to do.

    I am tired of arguing with you since you obviously know better when i posted and when it was updated. Now please stop spamming this thread. Thank you.

    Are you going to update your OP now that the information is proved incorrect?

    BTW, if you are actually where your profile says you are, we are both in the same timezone.

  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid hell, NJPosts: 6,779Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by muffins89
    im buying xbox cause it's an American company. 

    if this was enough reason to buy a product (which isnt) then i would buy a PS4 because its a Japanese company and i love Asian (mostly Japanese) culture.

     

    image
  • AG-VukAG-Vuk Phoenix, AZPosts: 823Member Uncommon

     

    Oh yeah forgot they do not have Titanfall on PS4.....lol.

    On a more serious note, go with the system you feel most comfortable with and meets your expectations. These tech debates are tedious, boring and pointless. The fact is the majority of people don't care. It's like which is better , Coca-Cola, Pepsi , RC or Shasta Cola. Lol had to go there.

    image
  • SiveriaSiveria Saint John, New BrunswickPosts: 1,200Member Uncommon
    Ps4 will win, the ps3 has a better variety of games than the 360, its a more powerful console, ps4 doesn't force you to keep some thing plugged in with camera's and mic's to spy on you whenever your around like the xbone does so they can target ads at you. Mind you the first year lineup for both systems is pretty shit-tier. its why I am waiting till a year or more to decide if imma get a ps4. See what comes out, hopefully a price drop and hardware revision to fix any glaring bugs. IMO anyone who buys a xbone is about as intelligent as cattle lining up to enter the slaughter house.. (read: they are as stupid as a rock). I am just mad that xbone ports are going to ruin pc gaming just like the x360 has. Well not ruin persay, but hold it way back. the xbone is already a very outdated piece of hardware and its not even out yet. Ps4 is kinda outdated too but not nearly as bad with it being at least 50% more powerful than the xbone.

    Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

    A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

    or

    B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

    Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

  • TissmogiTissmogi Portland, OHPosts: 177Member
    Originally posted by AG-Vuk

    Oh yeah forgot they do not have Titanfall on PS4.....lol.

    On a more serious note, go with the system you feel most comfortable with and meets your expectations. These tech debates are tedious, boring and pointless. The fact is the majority of people don't care. It's like which is better , Coca-Cola, Pepsi , RC or Shasta Cola. Lol had to go there.

    Titanfall will eventually be on PS4, it's already announced for PC so not an exclusive title like for example "The Last of Us".

    It's not coca-cola vs. Pepsi. People do care when the better product is cheaper. One of the two is clearly more powerful and costs $100 less.

  • besteverbestever prescott, AZPosts: 732Member
    Originally posted by Tissmogi
    Originally posted by AG-Vuk

    Oh yeah forgot they do not have Titanfall on PS4.....lol.

    On a more serious note, go with the system you feel most comfortable with and meets your expectations. These tech debates are tedious, boring and pointless. The fact is the majority of people don't care. It's like which is better , Coca-Cola, Pepsi , RC or Shasta Cola. Lol had to go there.

    Titanfall will eventually be on PS4, it's already announced for PC so not an exclusive title like for example "The Last of Us".

    It's not coca-cola vs. Pepsi. People do care when the better product is cheaper. One of the two is clearly more powerful and costs $100 less.

    Yes PC and Xbox one. Hmmm Microsoft yes. Oh watch out The last of us which was a big joke IMO. Was a okay game but the same crap over and over again and the story dropped off so quick it was sad. 

  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Alexandria, VAPosts: 4,557Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by bestever
    Originally posted by Tissmogi
    Originally posted by AG-Vuk

    Oh yeah forgot they do not have Titanfall on PS4.....lol.

    On a more serious note, go with the system you feel most comfortable with and meets your expectations. These tech debates are tedious, boring and pointless. The fact is the majority of people don't care. It's like which is better , Coca-Cola, Pepsi , RC or Shasta Cola. Lol had to go there.

    Titanfall will eventually be on PS4, it's already announced for PC so not an exclusive title like for example "The Last of Us".

    It's not coca-cola vs. Pepsi. People do care when the better product is cheaper. One of the two is clearly more powerful and costs $100 less.

    Yes PC and Xbox one. Hmmm Microsoft yes. Oh watch out The last of us which was a big joke IMO. Was a okay game but the same crap over and over again and the story dropped off so quick it was sad. 

    Titanfall doesnt even have a single player campaign, that alone is one reason many people wont even buy it.  It should have been a free to play like Planetside 2 and Dust

  • EkarosEkaros TurkuPosts: 367Member

    So not even the launch titles are 1080p?

     

    Really? And I have moved to 1440p... I hope they get some larger world out at least... But my hopes aren't high...

  • besteverbestever prescott, AZPosts: 732Member
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo
    Originally posted by bestever
    Originally posted by Tissmogi
    Originally posted by AG-Vuk

    Oh yeah forgot they do not have Titanfall on PS4.....lol.

    On a more serious note, go with the system you feel most comfortable with and meets your expectations. These tech debates are tedious, boring and pointless. The fact is the majority of people don't care. It's like which is better , Coca-Cola, Pepsi , RC or Shasta Cola. Lol had to go there.

    Titanfall will eventually be on PS4, it's already announced for PC so not an exclusive title like for example "The Last of Us".

    It's not coca-cola vs. Pepsi. People do care when the better product is cheaper. One of the two is clearly more powerful and costs $100 less.

    Yes PC and Xbox one. Hmmm Microsoft yes. Oh watch out The last of us which was a big joke IMO. Was a okay game but the same crap over and over again and the story dropped off so quick it was sad. 

    Titanfall doesnt even have a single player campaign, that alone is one reason many people wont even buy it.  It should have been a free to play like Planetside 2 and Dust

    It's a bit different this PS2 and Dust. In Titanfall you play the story online and fight other players instead of AI. 

    Introducing the experience that combines fast-paced multiplayer action with the dramatically charged moments of a cinematic universe.

    "A next-generation competitive multiplayer title that blurs the lines between traditional online shooters and single-player campaign." - Game Informer

  • besteverbestever prescott, AZPosts: 732Member

    Here watch this. They look about the same but I see better lighting from the xbox one.

    http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/10/28/battlefield-4-xbox-oneps4-graphics-comparison

  • RhimeRhime Kelowna, BCPosts: 167Member Uncommon
    If you're not on a PC, you have to accept lower quality game features and graphics...suck it up buttercups!
  • jfordingjfording Deltona, FLPosts: 2Member
    Originally posted by bestever

    Here watch this. They look about the same but I see better lighting from the xbox one.

    http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/10/28/battlefield-4-xbox-oneps4-graphics-comparison

    Better lighting? On the PS4 .

  • EkarosEkaros TurkuPosts: 367Member
    Originally posted by Rhime
    If you're not on a PC, you have to accept lower quality game features and graphics...suck it up buttercups!

    Too bad that multiplatform release force those things on us still :(

  • AG-VukAG-Vuk Phoenix, AZPosts: 823Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Rhime
    If you're not on a PC, you have to accept lower quality game features and graphics...suck it up buttercups!

    This.....^

     

     

    image
  • RecoreRecore Posts: 5,097Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Tissmogi
    Originally posted by AG-Vuk

    Oh yeah forgot they do not have Titanfall on PS4.....lol.

    On a more serious note, go with the system you feel most comfortable with and meets your expectations. These tech debates are tedious, boring and pointless. The fact is the majority of people don't care. It's like which is better , Coca-Cola, Pepsi , RC or Shasta Cola. Lol had to go there.

    Titanfall will eventually be on PS4, it's already announced for PC so not an exclusive title like for example "The Last of Us".

    It's not coca-cola vs. Pepsi. People do care when the better product is cheaper. One of the two is clearly more powerful and costs $100 less.

     

    Already announced that Titanfall is not comming to PS4. 

     

    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-titanfall-will-remain-exclusive-to-xbox-pc/1100-6415844/

    Raptr Gamercard
  • gamer1979gamer1979 Sioux City, IAPosts: 28Member

    Well I saw this post when searching for Xbox one.   1st time posting here but here we go.  Well it seems this OP is a little confused.  Here is a link that disproves pretty much everything he tried to claim.

     

    http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2013/10/29/battlefield-4-on-xbox-one-vs-ps4-no-discernible-difference/

     

    A couple highlights I wanted to point out.

     

    "Both versions are treated to post-processing anti-aliasing too, seemingly equivalent to the refined, high setting on PC. However, this doesn’t tell the whole story. As you may notice in our screengrabs, the actual results on PS4 lack the corresponding level of crystal clarity we’d expect of such a significant resolution boost. This should surely be a home run for Sony's SNE -0.31% console, but what is likely to be a software-based upscale to 1080p delivers less-than-stellar returns, and for better or worse leaves the Xbox One with an often crisper looking, albeit much more aliased image."

     

     

  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Alexandria, VAPosts: 4,557Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by bestever

    It's a bit different this PS2 and Dust. In Titanfall you play the story online and fight other players instead of AI. 

    Introducing the experience that combines fast-paced multiplayer action with the dramatically charged moments of a cinematic universe.

    "A next-generation competitive multiplayer title that blurs the lines between traditional online shooters and single-player campaign." - Game Informer

    Ok its still not a single player experience where you fight unique bosses and characters that tells a story revolving around the one player.  Some people just dont like multi-player is my point.

    Imagine if Bioshock was only multi-player, do you think it would still be the same experience?  Everyone can be a big daddy and everyone has special powers.  And your in a map where you will prolly die multiple times before you finish whatever the mission is for that map.  Is the last boss played by another player?

  • TissmogiTissmogi Portland, OHPosts: 177Member
    Originally posted by gamer1979

    Well I saw this post when searching for Xbox one.   1st time posting here but here we go.  Well it seems this OP is a little confused.  Here is a link that disproves pretty much everything he tried to claim.

    http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2013/10/29/battlefield-4-on-xbox-one-vs-ps4-no-discernible-difference/

    A couple highlights I wanted to point out.

    "Both versions are treated to post-processing anti-aliasing too, seemingly equivalent to the refined, high setting on PC. However, this doesn’t tell the whole story. As you may notice in our screengrabs, the actual results on PS4 lack the corresponding level of crystal clarity we’d expect of such a significant resolution boost. This should surely be a home run for Sony's SNE -0.31% console, but what is likely to be a software-based upscale to 1080p delivers less-than-stellar returns, and for better or worse leaves the Xbox One with an often crisper looking, albeit much more aliased image."

    Yes financial analysts are always great people to judge the look of games. In any case, you decide what looks better to you. If you like 720p upscaled to 1080p then by all means go with the XBOX one. No one here, incl. me tries to tell you what to buy or like. I think the XBOX one video looks over saturated, crushed blacks and shadows equivalent to loudness in music which makes it far inferior to me. Not even taking into account the significant resolution difference.

    Enjoy your console whichever you prefer.

  • MMOManiacsMMOManiacs New York, NYPosts: 189Member
    Originally posted by Tissmogi
    Originally posted by gamer1979

    Well I saw this post when searching for Xbox one.   1st time posting here but here we go.  Well it seems this OP is a little confused.  Here is a link that disproves pretty much everything he tried to claim.

    http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2013/10/29/battlefield-4-on-xbox-one-vs-ps4-no-discernible-difference/

    A couple highlights I wanted to point out.

    "Both versions are treated to post-processing anti-aliasing too, seemingly equivalent to the refined, high setting on PC. However, this doesn’t tell the whole story. As you may notice in our screengrabs, the actual results on PS4 lack the corresponding level of crystal clarity we’d expect of such a significant resolution boost. This should surely be a home run for Sony's SNE -0.31% console, but what is likely to be a software-based upscale to 1080p delivers less-than-stellar returns, and for better or worse leaves the Xbox One with an often crisper looking, albeit much more aliased image."

    Yes financial analysts are always great people to judge the look of games. In any case, you decide what looks better to you. If you like 720p upscaled to 1080p then by all means go with the XBOX one. No one here, incl. me tries to tell you what to buy or like. I think the XBOX one video looks over saturated, crushed blacks and shadows equivalent to loudness in music which makes it far inferior to me. Not even taking into account the significant resolution difference.

    Enjoy your console whichever you prefer.

    I dont think he is defending the xbox 1 version so much as he is correcting your inaccuracies that you continue to press, even after being proven wrong by multiple different sources.

    And BTW, one click of your mosue would have shwon you that a financial analyst did not write that article:

    Dave Thier Contributor

    I'm a freelance writer whose work has appeared in The Atlantic, The New York Times, The New Republic, IGN.com, Wired and more. I cover social games, video games, technology and that whole gray area that happens when technology and consumers collide.
  • zhyperuszhyperus PerthPosts: 12Member

    Consoles have their limitation, due to the fact that it is used for compact purposes. You have to look at how much heat produce and exhaust of each of the consoles, that will affect everything. You would not want a burning console would ya :

    If your looking for the best graphic then PC will be the better solution for you. 

13»
Sign In or Register to comment.