Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not so interested anymore

1235»

Comments

• didjeramadidjerama Member Posts: 201
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    Originally posted by didjerama
    Originally posted by Hyanmen
    Originally posted by Edli

As i said, intentionaly (needlessly) dragging it out because you know game is severly lacking in content.

I'm doing the same. I didn't do it because the game lacked content, I had no idea how much content it had on endgame when I started lv up several classes at the same time.

I just don't really feel the need to be in endgame as soon as possible. There is a game where I'm at too and I'm enjoying it. Endgame will have to wait, is not going anywhere anyway. 

Well now that's just a big fat lie. didjerama knows the truth and the truth is we are so afraid of running out of content at the level cap we desperately cling to the lower levels "needlessly". It doesn't matter that we feel every level is equal, that's just us lying to ourselves.

I hope you can find it in you to stop fooling yourself, too, and start accepting the Jesu....didjerama as your one and only savior.

You might as well afk in some hub and "take your time". It would amount the same.

Did i hit the nerve there or sumtin? Chill out bro

He's just laughing at your absolute inability to accept the fact that other people experience things differently to you image

You seem to believe that your opinion is the "absolute truth", and anyone who doesn't agree with you is either stupid or lying.

Uh-huh. He is ranting, not laughing. By the way he describes it every MMO has infinite content because you can afk in a hub and just say "im taking my time". Yes, its absolute truth, its a fact.

Its also a fact most people dont want to "take their time" (especially if that "taking time" actually cost them money) and actually play the game and run out of things to do very fast. So yes, delaying the inevitable is delaying the inevitable.

You can be a lamb and support such game. Most wont.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by masterbrood

As i said, intentionaly (needlessly) dragging it out because you know game is severly lacking in content.

I'm doing the same. I didn't do it because the game lacked content, I had no idea how much content it had on endgame when I started lv up several classes at the same time.

I just don't really feel the need to be in endgame as soon as possible. There is a game where I'm at too and I'm enjoying it. Endgame will have to wait, is not going anywhere anyway. 

Well now that's just a big fat lie. didjerama knows the truth and the truth is we are so afraid of running out of content at the level cap we desperately cling to the lower levels "needlessly". It doesn't matter that we feel every level is equal, that's just us lying to ourselves.

I hope you can find it in you to stop fooling yourself, too, and start accepting the Jesu....didjerama as your one and only savior.

I lol'ed

Seriously though....the bottom line is that the game is lacking in content right now.  Honestly?  I have no issues with that.  Why?  Because it's brand frickin new.  If people are expecting a game at launch to have as much content as games that have been around for YEARS (as most of the detractors clearly state in every single post about how x game that's been around for 5+ years has way more content.....duh) they will be sorely dissapointed in any launch title.

So your suggestion is to just drop it now and revisit it in 5+ years as then it will have enough content.

On some level i agree.

On another level FFXIV is out now and compete with what is out now, not what was 5+ years ago.

launching with ultra fast progression and two or three options for when that progression is complete is the issue. 

So take FFXIV and suggest how to make progression significantly slower within limits of a game that FFXIVARR is.

The problem is not FF's alone. It's problem with the mmorpgs of the last few years. Slowing down progression in the case of FFAR would require more quests, since it's a quest based game. If xp gains per quest was cut by 75% there would need to be 75% more quest. 

Here is the dilemma who wants to do 75% more kill/fetch quests? Not many I would suppose. How do you fill the void within the frame work of FFAR? There are FATES and Levies, and soon pvp. These need to be adjusted to supplement the questing, instead of superseding it.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • MagikrorriMMagikrorriM Member UncommonPosts: 223

If I had a dime for every person that says, this brand new game is lacking in content. DUH it's a brand new game. Point two is the people who are complaining the most about the lack of content already started the game at level 50, and multiple classes at that. Hey if you really wanted content you should of created a new character at launch.

FFXIV to date has released with the most content ever offered by a MMO. That's because unlike other MMOs, players were beginning at level 50. I'm sorry but can't feel sympathetic to legacy players that had too many level 50s to start with, had you started a brand new character, you would be truly experiencing the content the game has to offer.

People expecting 10 years worth of content at launch, are setting themselves up for disappointment.

• ZhauricZhauric Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Originally posted by Foreverdream

[mod edit]

So, back on topic, yes 5 50's and soon another(non legacy player) Some may say i've burnt myself out but that isn't my fault, it's the games for not offering enough content. Running AK 8 times a week and doing coil once a week get's old. Don't  even want to get started on the 1-2-3 crafting.

At least the graphics are nice

I'm sorry but this is short of ridiculous. It is YOUR fault. You have to pace yourself. No way can any game developer know exactly how every single individual approach a game. No way are they going to have the resources to have an over abundant amount of endgame as well. That is just not logical. They work with real money and manpower. This isn't monopoly.

So yeah if you burn through a game to the point you have 5 50's (I don't even have freaking one yet nor my wife and she plays damn near every day) then that is a YOU problem. Quit blaming game developers when you play an obnoxious amount of time as if they are supposed to have this inifinite of cash and resources to deliver this never ending utopia of material one month into their launch. That is just freaking ridiculous.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Zhauric

[mod edit]

So, back on topic, yes 5 50's and soon another(non legacy player) Some may say i've burnt myself out but that isn't my fault, it's the games for not offering enough content. Running AK 8 times a week and doing coil once a week get's old. Don't  even want to get started on the 1-2-3 crafting.

I'm sorry but this is short of ridiculous. It is YOUR fault. You have to pace yourself. No way can any game developer know exactly how every single individual approach a game. No way are they going to have the resources to have an over abundant amount of endgame as well. That is just not logical. They work with real money and manpower. This isn't monopoly.

So yeah if you burn through a game to the point you have 5 50's (I don't even have freaking one yet nor my wife and she plays damn near every day) then that is a YOU problem. Quit blaming game developers when you play an obnoxious amount of time as if they are supposed to have this inifinite of cash and resources to deliver this never ending utopia of material one month into their launch. That is just freaking ridiculous.

It's frustrating hearing so many blame OP for loving the game and playing it. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • GrootGroot Member UncommonPosts: 87

I have lost interest as well.  There's nothing engaging enough to pay for the sub.  Yes, I know there is a lot to do, but I have no connection with my character.  Nothing was difficult to achieve, or took any sort of time.

I knew what I was getting in to when I bought the game.  I was able to get a good solid month or so of gameplay and i'm OK with that. I just wish it would be able to be something long term.  I think the biggest killer for me is the way the maps are divided up for console.

I think a lot of people have missed the point, a lot of people had started this game AT level 50, or multiples of level 50s.  They have completely bypassed the whole leveling experience.
  • AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

I think people need to remember the data from the massive survey / state of the game SE released a few weeks ago.  While I blasted through levels to hit level 50 on one character in about a week, that survey showed how I was in the extreme minority.

A huge segment of the game isn't through the regular storyline, let alone hard modes, and definitely not in Coil.  For me, leveling up gathering classes and tweaking strategies for Coil is plenty for the next couple of months.  My team finally outright one shot (no deaths) Caduceus, came darn close to a one shot on ADS (bitten by the lag monster), and are progressing through Turn 4.

Do I expect to be basically through the content by next week (assuming no Twintania fix)?  Yep.  That doesn't change how many ancillary things I have to do.  I got some weird ADS plating yesterday, so perhaps that's used in the upcoming FC housing?

Originally posted by masterbrood

I lol'ed

Seriously though....the bottom line is that the game is lacking in content right now.  Honestly?  I have no issues with that.  Why?  Because it's brand frickin new.  If people are expecting a game at launch to have as much content as games that have been around for YEARS (as most of the detractors clearly state in every single post about how x game that's been around for 5+ years has way more content.....duh) they will be sorely dissapointed in any launch title.

So your suggestion is to just drop it now and revisit it in 5+ years as then it will have enough content.

On some level i agree.

On another level FFXIV is out now and compete with what is out now, not what was 5+ years ago.

launching with ultra fast progression and two or three options for when that progression is complete is the issue. 

So take FFXIV and suggest how to make progression significantly slower within limits of a game that FFXIVARR is.

The problem is not FF's alone. It's problem with the mmorpgs of the last few years. Slowing down progression in the case of FFAR would require more quests, since it's a quest based game. If xp gains per quest was cut by 75% there would need to be 75% more quest. 

Here is the dilemma who wants to do 75% more kill/fetch quests? Not many I would suppose. How do you fill the void within the frame work of FFAR? There are FATES and Levies, and soon pvp. These need to be adjusted to supplement the questing, instead of superseding it.

So, in essence, they would need:

1) significantly more content overall

or

2) make people grind same stuff for ages (aka "old school")

Truth is they adjusted progression to the amount of content they had.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

You might as well afk in some hub and "take your time". It would amount the same.

You are rejecting my feelings about the game (as if they weren't real) and trying to shoehorn your own ideals down my throat. In two sentence replies nonetheless.

I'm not intentionally dragging out the game because I "know" the game is severely lacking in content. I already explained this to you. Whatcha gonna do next, tell me once again I don't know what I'm doing?

Some serious internet Freud do we have here.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Uh-huh. He is ranting, not laughing. By the way he describes it every MMO has infinite content because you can afk in a hub and just say "im taking my time". Yes, its absolute truth, its a fact.

Its also a fact most people dont want to "take their time" (especially if that "taking time" actually cost them money) and actually play the game and run out of things to do very fast. So yes, delaying the inevitable is delaying the inevitable.

Here we go. didjerama once again telling us what I'm doing, what I truly mean by what I say  -  now all we need is him to start diagnosing me with daddy issues and hidden sexual frustrations to close the circle. That's only possible because He knows me better than I do!

It is not only me that he can speak for, as it is actually on behalf of "most people" that he can say these things. That is because in reality he knows what not only me but what everyone else want or don't want to do.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • NicephorusNicephorus Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by Alamareth

I think people need to remember the data from the massive survey / state of the game SE released a few weeks ago.  While I blasted through levels to hit level 50 on one character in about a week, that survey showed how I was in the extreme minority.

A huge segment of the game isn't through the regular storyline, let alone hard modes, and definitely not in Coil.  For me, leveling up gathering classes and tweaking strategies for Coil is plenty for the next couple of months.  My team finally outright one shot (no deaths) Caduceus, came darn close to a one shot on ADS (bitten by the lag monster), and are progressing through Turn 4.

Do I expect to be basically through the content by next week (assuming no Twintania fix)?  Yep.  That doesn't change how many ancillary things I have to do.  I got some weird ADS plating yesterday, so perhaps that's used in the upcoming FC housing?

This.

For those of you having multiple level 50s, and complaining you are bored by the lack of end game content, I honestly do feel for you. You aren't playing the game "wrong" as some defenders would say. You are playing how to like to play. But you are kiding yourself if you think you represent the majority, or that most of the community are in the same boat.

There is plenty of content for the audience SE is targeting.

Here we go. didjerama once again telling us what I'm doing, what I truly mean by what I say  -  now all we need is him to start diagnosing me with daddy issues and hidden sexual frustrations to close the circle. That's only possible because He knows me better than I do!

It is not only me that he can speak for, as it is actually on behalf of "most people" that he can say these things. That is because in reality he knows what not only me but what everyone else want or don't want to do.

I guess we can continue when you calm down.

• NicephorusNicephorus Member Posts: 52

He's just laughing at your absolute inability to accept the fact that other people experience things differently to you image

You seem to believe that your opinion is the "absolute truth", and anyone who doesn't agree with you is either stupid or lying.

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen such an extreme example of someone "living in their own little world". Anyone who doesn't enjoy exactly what you do is a "lamb"? Tell me, what is it like to have come to realization that the MMO companies would prefer to actually make money by catering to "casuals" instead of making games YOU like?

Originally posted by Nicephorus

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen such an extreme example of someone "living in their own little world". Anyone who doesn't enjoy exactly what you do is a "lamb"? Tell me, what is it like to have come to realization that the MMO companies would prefer to actually make money by catering to "casuals" instead of making games YOU like?

Your reply makes absolutely no sense to what you quoted, you probably missquoted.

But to answer your claim: yes MMO companies prefer to make money. Just ask:

Turbine

Funcom

Trion

Bioware/EA

NCSoft

Mythic

And you have no clue what i like. Casuals arent excuse for severly lacking in content. No, leveling alts through farming pseudo events isnt content. Grinding same instance 60+ times isnt content. In fact its way more easier to satisfy hardcores and "old schoolers" just put few bosses on 12+ respawn timer and 0,005% chance on dropping some crap and theres months of  "content" for those.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

I really like the game, i've just started not logging in normally etc.  It's getting boring.... I've seen what the content has to offfer, having 5 50's..

Yes i've done BC up to turn4, I've done crafting classes and Land classes (50 mining was worse than fishing by far) I've got a paladin in DL with relic+1. Great character and a lot of time was spent on him. I'm simply just loosing interest. End game is the same thing. Crafting is the same just with different materials. DoL's are the only thing i found fun personally.

Anyone else in my situation? 

Sort of.  While I'm not a big raider, I just dabble in it, I found my achievement drive has fallen off now that I have a 50 BLM, 50 GSM and a 50 Miner as well as all classes to 30, jobs unlocked, Grand Company maxed out, some DL gear and my Ifrit weapon. 

The game is good, but small? I guess?  All it really needs, for me personally is more xp options for alt classes.  I enjoy questing for levels, always have and they are all gone already.  Storyline is done, so that's not pulling me through the leveling anymore.  There isn't any pvp or housing yet or dailies so I have no real reason to play right now until patch 2.1.  Which is actually ok, I resubbed to WoW, got a beta invite to Hearthstone(which is WAY too addictive by the way, lol), I have the Lotro expansion next month so I have plenty to play until patch 2.1.  It seems to be the way of current MMOs anymore, but it's a good thing I guess that we have a lot to choose from now to tide one over between content patches in our favorites.

• mysticalunamysticaluna Member UncommonPosts: 265

Oh yeah, you want to talk about lacking in content, what about giving the same thing over and over for 6 or 8 years? Sheesh! Even when companies give you faster game updates, they just give you new raids... 

WoW has terrible non existant drop rates on mounts to force you to grind in game content, Everquest 2 had terrible drop rates on cool dungeon fabled loots, no fun factor here, nope just pure greedy companies... 

No one should have to run any raid or dungeon 200 to 1,000 times, or kill any holiday world boss infinite times to try and attain a mount, or a shiny fabled piece of equipment. There's a limit to how long you should have to farm a zone to get gear, and drop rates of 1% or .025% are really ridiculous. 

What ever happened to fun game play? 

I know Final Fantasy 14 : A Realm Reborn sort of shot themselves in the foot by making exp to easily attainable. They seriously needed to make the game slower like Everquest 1 was in the old days, all games are being created to be far to short lived these days, and no one should be max level and reaching the "end-game" in 2 or 4 weeks period. Star Trek Online made that mistake and lost my boyfriend's subscription. He loves Star Trek, he's a major Trekkie, but the game was tiny and had no content. 

It can't be that hard to copy and paste some artwork and make huge expansive worlds like Everquest 1 did. We need exploration and huge worlds. A PVE Eve Online, with awesome alien races (and they did have the best character creation I've ever seen, other than probably Final Fantasy 14: ARR), that only needed to be more expansive to hold his attention! 

As a major Final Fantasy console game player fan, I never could get into FF14: ARR 's beta or Final Fantasy 11. The games just lack that "spark" that special unique something that console Final Fantasy has. Which, is sad, because PCs are seriously way better than any console in terms of hardware, yet, they just don't feel the same. Given a good guild and a good community however, most people are perfectly willing to be patient and wait it out hoping for game updates and new expansions, and I wish the game well. I would love it to go Buy to Play, so that I can have access to whatever expansion I buy, and never feel forced into subbing/un-subbing rotationals along with my other mmo's. 

If a game is going to lack in content, it shouldn't be a subscription game, it should allow you to buy that content buy to play and log in at your leisurely pace all that you want or don't want to. I know SWToR and Star Trek Online didn't have the content, maybe FF14:ARR does, but why don't more companies go Buy to Play? You'd keep out bad players and bots sort of, although they still had gil spammer bots regardless, because everyone would be paying $40-80 etc. to access the game. Forcing a subscription is wrong, as it forces you to feel like the game is a job, and you have to log in or cancel constantly just to be able to take a break from the game every once in awhile.  

That is a problem on WoW, every expansion friends cancel and vanish, until a new expansion draws them back in or some new patch update, only to cancel subscriptions again, because its a subscription game, and no one wants to keep paying for a lack of content. Then, the game feels empty and deserted for awhile and boring, as all of your friends are gone. 

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

I have difficulty finishing one character to level 50 cause of the boredom.

I should not have subscribed but ill buy FFXV.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    I played FF, because it was FF and the games always look nice, animations too etc. I refused to sub after my initial game time was over. In my opinion there were just way too many design flaws to warrant a sub. Forcing players to re-level from 1 multiple times is shenanigans. That is just a lame excuse to hide lack of content, which the game is guilty for. I ran out of quests to do and was forced to grind out instances / dailies etc. I think the biggest issue with Final Fantasy is that it spent so much time making the game look good that their design team decided to just put features from previous games in a pot and hit blend without anticipating how it would all play out. I am also very annoyed at how they built their progression system for everything in the game. Horrible design choices, I think Square should take someone elses concept and just focus on workd/character/story design and let someone else make the gameplay design for them.
  • SilverchildSilverchild Member UncommonPosts: 118
    Originally posted by Zhauric

[mod edit]

It's frustrating hearing so many blame OP for loving the game and playing it. 

We cant blame the OP for loving the game.

BUT, its totally unreasonable to expect a themepark game to keep someone entertained if they play 12 hours a day for eternity. People seem to get this weird assumption that MMOs should deliver endless content. WIth themeparks MMO, its just not possible. Someone will ALWAYS run the content faster than the dev can release it. Is it a problem? Not really if the vast majority of players are "behind" (And this is the case here. the VAST majority of players arent even 50 yet. See the last month survey : Average level was less than 20 at the end of september.)

Heck, if  someone got 5 lvl50,I'd say they already got their money worth.

• TakooTakoo Member CommonPosts: 149
    Originally posted by Wakygreek
    I played FF, because it was FF and the games always look nice, animations too etc. I refused to sub after my initial game time was over. In my opinion there were just way too many design flaws to warrant a sub. Forcing players to re-level from 1 multiple times is shenanigans. That is just a lame excuse to hide lack of content, which the game is guilty for. I ran out of quests to do and was forced to grind out instances / dailies etc. I think the biggest issue with Final Fantasy is that it spent so much time making the game look good that their design team decided to just put features from previous games in a pot and hit blend without anticipating how it would all play out. I am also very annoyed at how they built their progression system for everything in the game. Horrible design choices, I think Square should take someone elses concept and just focus on workd/character/story design and let someone else make the gameplay design for them.

I hate how they say the game is cross class... Its hardly cross class and I think the devs pulled something dirty by making me do 26 levels of a BLM for one freaking spell.. What a joke.. When people say cross class I think of being able to merge 2 difference classes and make my own hybrid.. Instead I get this crap where I have to level 20-40 levels to get one spell from a class.

If someone has 5 level 50s, odds are they were legacy.
  • TakooTakoo Member CommonPosts: 149
    Originally posted by MagikrorriM
    If someone has 5 level 50s, odds are they were legacy.

Not true having a level 50 boosts your exp for new classes you level. So having a moogle cap for the first 10 levels and doing chain xp non stop gets you to level 10 in like an hour. Then you fate party and you can get to 30 in a few hours. Id say you can get a level 50 combat class in 12-18 hours of play time.  So if a play decided not to focus at all on end game and just level classes they could max out all 50s in this time.

You can level crafting really fast if you have money.