Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Users making multiple accounts for beta keys, all 29/10

Comments

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

Sad thing the keys will pop up on eBay.

unavoidable - thats a risk for anyone, old or new

Nope. The People who have been around here for a long time are less likely to sell their key on eBay, then those criminals who create tons of accounts on various sites to farm beta keys, specifically for the purpose of reselling them.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    I'm pretty sure that 90% of those new accounts are people that will try to sell the keys on eBay. Peeps apperantly pay alot for em. A friend of mine bought one for 40 bucks. I said I would never pay for it myself. So hopefully I get one here. But it sux that most of these new accounts are just peeps leeching to get extra keys to sell. I would give like 10 outa those 200 to new accounts. And give the larger number to the loyal peeps on this forum.
  • TeszXTeszX Member Posts: 2

So if i want the game because i like it and i want to play it. It's fine? Or i have to stepback and respect his loyalty to the website guys? 

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

meh..

No one is entitled to get a key, it's a chance for everyone.. If you can't live without a key, then pay whatever they sell them for or make tons of accounts yourself.

I got a key from blizzard like 2 weeks ago, and I'll tell you right now, the game is fun for a couple of days, but there aren't enough cards to make it interesting for months, like most others' with keys you'll probably have fun for a couple of days, and then start to log in less than before.

Don't worry guys, you're not missing out, you're not getting left behind.... it's just an expensive pixel tcg.

• shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    There are probably more than a few regulars here who were just once skulking around for keys and eventually ended up making 1k posts about how casuals are ruining mmorpgs.
  • VektratVektrat Member Posts: 2
    Hey I've been registered since 2006 and had 0 posts until NOW! :p
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by PieRad

meh..

No one is entitled to get a key, it's a chance for everyone.. If you can't live without a key, then pay whatever they sell them for or make tons of accounts yourself.

I got a key from blizzard like 2 weeks ago, and I'll tell you right now, the game is fun for a couple of days, but there aren't enough cards to make it interesting for months, like most others' with keys you'll probably have fun for a couple of days, and then start to log in less than before.

Don't worry guys, you're not missing out, you're not getting left behind.... it's just an expensive pixel tcg. 

Don't listen to this guy, man. The game is worth the wait.

Just for the love of god, don't buy the key. Seriously.

• KaragenKaragen Member Posts: 8

I've made an account today after being attracted to this website due to the hearthstone giveaways.  Never knew it existed before. 

Already, like in wow as this thread demonstrates, the 'old-timers' seem to think they deserve something other than what they've already gained from this website for being a member so long.  The giveaways attracted me to the website so it has done its job.  It's a good marketing strategy. 

I look forward to contributing to this website in the future.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401
    Even if ten people out of the 500 or so "new and totally different people" stay, they make more money, soooo....They don't care.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

This thread... So full of OP lulz.

Seriously, it is just a CCG, just get a B-net account and apply for the beta.. You will get a key.. Or if that is to long of a wait play some MtG while you wait.

Who cares if people spam, the mods have all the tools they need to weed them out if they feel it is needed, or did you (the OP) honestly think that so few would be interested that you would get a key by default...?

Also what´s up with only been here since ´11... These newcomers... Just putting their feet up =P

This have been a good conversation

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    I am so glad I got a key from blizzard. This is the first time blizzard has ever invited me to one of their beta tests.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Oh noes!

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

• RabidMouthRabidMouth Member Posts: 196
    There is quite a bit of unnecessary anger in this thread. Not to mention the sense of entitlement some people have. On the bright side, the site gets more hits so it can continue to support the forum, and you have a wider audience to be mad at.

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

• drgrandrgran Member UncommonPosts: 192

I dont have a problem with it. Like many others have said this website gets more people into it. 

Heres a thought . Isn't this website a business ? Getting more people in Dishonest or honest doesn't matter. More people more profit. 

ASUS G74sx
    i7 quad core
    16gb ddr3 ram
    3gb ram Nvidia 560M
    240GB SSD & 750GB

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Well, if you cant win them, join them.

And join them I did.

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by drgran

I dont have a problem with it. Like many others have said this website gets more people into it. 

Heres a thought . Isn't this website a business ? Getting more people in Dishonest or honest doesn't matter. More people more profit. 

Your logic is flawed. Your assuming that the dishonest people are logged into BOTH accounts at the same time, thus more profit, but if you split your time on the site on 2 different accounts then its the same as if it were 1 account on the whole time.

• LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555

Well, if you cant win them, join them.

And join them I did.

Which makes you worse than them because you know better.

Originally posted by BizkitNL
    Originally posted by PieRad

meh..

I have a hard time understanding what im reading.

ok

• TerrorbillenTerrorbillen Member Posts: 9
    It still might be regular users who make several accounts, or simply lurkers, that have frequented the site but not posted.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

Honestly though, have you never signed up for a site or used a site just to participate in a giveaway? I've done it several times "beta giveaway at example.com" I go and make up an account really quick and enter.

If you had gotten a key you wouldn't even care. You're just mad you didn't get it.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

It's a catch 22...  they want to drive more people to the site so locking out new folks would be counter to that goal.  They also don't want spammers...

It's not a catch 22 because these people are only coming to spam the give away thread. Secondly, they don't need to cut account creation, just give the keys to people who had accounts the week before the contest.

its simple. But I guess MMORPG staff want to boast user numbers, even though 95% of the people posting on giveaway are 29/10ers

You are really getting worked up over a few spammers.  Chill out.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

word travels fast or here come the new batch of multi accts created 10/30

it's the nature of the beast w forum giveaways image

Originally posted by Nadia

word travels fast or here come the new batch of multi accts created 10/30

it's the nature of the beast w forum giveaways image

Yup! Look at the mass account creation!

New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation

Some people are posting multiple times in the same thread, I wonder if it will increase their odds... 

It's how it works, blizz get a bit of free advertisement... And mmorpg.com get more members, more traffic...

It's funny how all of sudden you guys are "loyal members", and try to put yourself higher up in some imaginary rank system..