Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is DF:UW doing?

HiddenxdragonHiddenxdragon Member UncommonPosts: 127
I stopped playing about 2-3 months ago. I didn't play from launch but I managed to get around 50k prowess. I really noticed the class imbalances with especially warriors. But that wasn't the only problem, it was the exploits that allowed players an advantage. I think this game is amazing, but the developers are lacking. Besides from a full server wipe I don't know how they would fix the issues. But with all that said, is the game playable even for a returning player? I heard that there was a Cloning exploit and the market dropped. 

Comments

• HiddenxdragonHiddenxdragon Member UncommonPosts: 127
    I know I posted this pretty late last night, But I also posted it on the offcial DF forums. It seems as it got removed. Could anyone give me a update on some of the stuff I asked, and population? 
  • MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289

You probably got a lot of responses telling you how bad the game is. They delete most criticism and negative comments on the official forums. 

Darkfall has a lot of problems. The most serious is it's lack of players/population. People aren't playing. It's hard to find fights, and lets be honest, there's not much else to do in darkfall. It's not really a true sandbox. There's nothing to do other than pointlessly fight over worthless territory. The combat isn't even that good.

If you come back, you will find an empty world. You might occasionally run into a group of REALLY GOOD hackers. The game is overrun with hackers and exploiters. Certain REALLY GOOD clans seem to have dev connections and unlimited get out of ban free cards.

• stuxstux Member Posts: 462
    Originally posted by Hiddenxdragon
    I know I posted this pretty late last night, But I also posted it on the offcial DF forums. It seems as it got removed. Could anyone give me a update on some of the stuff I asked, and population? 

There is almost no point in discussing anything on the official forums.  The mods are deleting anything that isn't in the game's favor.  You can't openly discuss anything over there.

Its not good.  The game has problems.  There was a good post the other day that summed it up.  I would link it but they deleted it......

on the topic though, the game doesn't look like its doing well.  A dev recently got drunk and said they are having money problems from what I read.  The patching has really really slowed down and the game really needs patching.

So, hopefully they turn it around soon. 

• stuxstux Member Posts: 462
    Originally posted by MrBoots

You probably got a lot of responses telling you how bad the game is. They delete most criticism and negative comments on the official forums. 

Darkfall has a lot of problems. The most serious is it's lack of players/population. People aren't playing. It's hard to find fights, and lets be honest, there's not much else to do in darkfall. It's not really a true sandbox. There's nothing to do other than pointlessly fight over worthless territory. The combat isn't even that good.

If you come back, you will find an empty world. You might occasionally run into a group of REALLY GOOD hackers. The game is overrun with hackers and exploiters. Certain REALLY GOOD clans seem to have dev connections and unlimited get out of ban free cards.

When the population was good it wasn't a big problem.  Yes, there are a few groups that seem to get away with whatever and the dev never ban them.  Even ones they banned in the old game.

But when the population is as low as it is now its hard not to run into them at times. 

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

It's doing good. It seems like the population picked up a little after the combat patch.

It's releasing in Asia this week, and after that, I expect a big patch to come into our game from what they tested in the Asian beta.

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Lustmord

It's doing good. It seems like the population picked up a little after the combat patch.

It's releasing in Asia this week, and after that, I expect a big patch to come into our game from what they tested in the Asian beta.

Ummmm - seems like you are the only one in this thread that claims the game is doing good.  Have you been there since launch?  Population is a fraction of what it is and NO the game is not doing fine.  That is why on the official forums there are posts such as "Can we all pick just 1 continent to all bind to and fight there" - because the population is so low you only need one sub continent to hold all actives.

Game is a good concept - just piss poor implementation a 2nd time in a row.....

• MakidianMakidian Member UncommonPosts: 208
    I think the game is great, pop is alittle low though : (
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

I like the pop being a bit low as I can avoid being killed too often, solo.  Come on back OP, it's not so low that it would affect your enjoyment at that prowess.  You've got a lot more character building to do (likely crafting mastery)...I'm around the same prow.

I don't understand people that quit this game.  There is nothing else, really.  Do you all go play linear themeparks?  I can't imagine going back to slow tab target combat and linear mind numbing quest hubs with no risk or reward or consequence to your actions.

• drgrandrgran Member UncommonPosts: 192

I just found out that they were Charging my CC (one that i dont use) since release. I was like Damn guys need to get there heads on right . Just when i looked at my account and email i apparently didn't cancel the account. 

So ill be back for the remainder of this month . If it goes well i'll get another .

ASUS G74sx
    i7 quad core
    16gb ddr3 ram
    3gb ram Nvidia 560M
    240GB SSD & 750GB

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418

It's doing good. 

Out of your own mouth not 2 weeks ago ...," They have 2k subs and need to get to at least 3.5k to be on mark."

Then why do they need to increase subs by 50% to just break even, as stated by Claus?  Most people wouldn't consider a business that is loosing money as " doing good" . 

Also, AV is no longer in control of the company and I can't wait to see how that plays out.  

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

I dunno, I log on every night and hang out with my clan. We find pvp every night, and there are sieges popping off almost every day.  NA1 server is good, I hear EU is lower population.

population HAS picked up since the combat patch, and I believe another big patch will come in the next weeks after the Asian launch has settled.

[mod edit]

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782

I dunno, I log on every night and hang out with my clan. We find pvp every night, and there are sieges popping off almost every day.  NA1 server is good, I hear EU is lower population.

population HAS picked up since the combat patch, and I believe another big patch will come in the next weeks after the Asian launch has settled.

Well I play solo for the most part. Roaming D4-5 zones. But barely run into any1. It was alittle peak after combat patch, but now it's just as empty as before. I don't think the game is doing good. It needs more content patches to bring back old players. And drunken Claus said the game is bleeding. So I think it is pretty far from doing good atm.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

They don't care the game is dying, it's all about selling the same game over and over again.

When will DF 3 be released?

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

The game is a blast if you want a sandbox with owpvp, however there are some flaws that are really messing things up.  Just so you know, they did a recent patch on class balancing and it helped a lot, it's not longer warrior fall, every class has a chance.  Right now the fact that they don't have enchanting in the game makes it so there is no reason to be in the open world, so everyone just sits in the safezones or their city.  Only a few classes can get in cities and if they do...you just get blasted by towers..even with them nerfing tower damage, it's still insane. 

The siege system is broken as they made it so you can keep your cities protected for a period of time, so basically you have a bunch of clans that are scared to fight holding cities, then they protect them with protection and you can't siege them until off hours.  Because of this when their is a siege everyone shows up and it just becomes a giant rvr.

The game play is a blast, but those few problems really hurt things.  AV made a great game, they just need to fine tune it.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

Originally posted by ilives

It's doing good. 

Out of your own mouth not 2 weeks ago ...," They have 2k subs and need to get to at least 3.5k to be on mark."

Then why do they need to increase subs by 50% to just break even, as stated by Claus?  Most people wouldn't consider a business that is loosing money as " doing good" . 

Also, AV is no longer in control of the company and I can't wait to see how that plays out.  

Good catch there!!!

Balin - sorry man bit this is NOT a sandbox period and yes I know we are each entitled to our opinions.  Everything is pre-determined and half of it is broken or missing still.  Sorry but if you put a poll up on if this is a sandbox guaranteed no will be the overwhelming answer.  Now does it have potential to be a sandbox?  Hell it could be AWESOME but the devs just do not seem capable of turning this game remotely into what it could be.

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

I subbed my crafter account a couple days ago just to poke my head in and see....

Absolutely dead game.  When I left a few months ago it was hard finding decent fights - often had to roam for an hour to find one.  Now it is straight empty everywhere.  

People on the DF forums talking about subbing the asian server just to have some pop.

anyone who claims they are roaming for hours and not finding anyone is simply lying.

Atleast on the North America server.

The reason why there are so few positive responses on this forum is because the trolls are frankly wearing us down.

People who enjoy the game would rather spend their time playing it, than arguing with these no-lifers on a forum.

anyone who claims they are roaming for hours and not finding anyone is simply lying.

The reason why there are so few positive responses on this forum is because the trolls are frankly wearing us down.

People who enjoy the game would rather spend their time playing it, than arguing with these no-lifers on a forum.

Do not know about hours but clanmate was doing a treasure map rode from wolflands to far SE human lands saw 2 people.....  Makes sense why people are saying to pick 1 sub continent and everyone bind there so you can find pvp a lot quicker.

Originally posted by psykobilly

I subbed my crafter account a couple days ago just to poke my head in and see....

Absolutely dead game.  When I left a few months ago it was hard finding decent fights - often had to roam for an hour to find one.  Now it is straight empty everywhere.  

People on the DF forums talking about subbing the asian server just to have some pop.

It's a ghost town

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    What are the expectations? PvP encounter every 5min?

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

Originally posted by gamekid2k

Multiply that by 20 and you will be closer.

Originally posted by MrBoots
    Originally posted by gamekid2k

Multiply that by 20 and you will be closer.

During "prime time",  you can go for hours at other times.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by Deerhunter71

Do not know about hours but clanmate was doing a treasure map rode from wolflands to far SE human lands saw 2 people.....  Makes sense why people are saying to pick 1 sub continent and everyone bind there so you can find pvp a lot quicker.

This is caused not just by low population- its low, but like I said 300 people show up to every siege, but also because of the fact that the people who are the most active don't need to ever go out to do much of anything so they duel all day. Scaractiy doesn't exist in the world and thats the main issue the game has had since beta.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• HiddenxdragonHiddenxdragon Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Alright, I resubbed b/c I couldn't take all of you "trolls" seriously. Been playing the game all day and I've had no problem finding PvP. In fact I found myself being chased a lot. having only 50k prowess against people with 100k+ sucks So I just retreated and found a guild. Then they went out looking and we basically pvped non stop for 3-4 hours. Yeah I can tell the population isnt what it used to be but for sure isn't dead as everyone on here is saying. At least on the NA server. 
    Alright, I resubbed b/c I couldn't take all of you "trolls" seriously. Been playing the game all day and I've had no problem finding PvP. In fact I found myself being chased a lot. having only 50k prowess against people with 100k+ sucks So I just retreated and found a guild. Then they went out looking and we basically pvped non stop for 3-4 hours. Yeah I can tell the population isnt what it used to be but for sure isn't dead as everyone on here is saying. At least on the NA server. 

So you were just trolling us to begin with.