Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Travis Fimmel Tagged for Lead Role in Warcraft Film

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

After what seems a long and agonizing search for a leading man for the Warcraft film due out late next year. Fimmel is best known for his work in the History Channel's "Vikings" series.

Details on the plot or the character Fimmel will play are still unknown. Based on the Blizzard Entertainment game “World of Warcraft,” studios have been trying for some time to get this adaptation off the ground with Sam Raimi at one point attached to direct.

Read more at Variety.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    I liked him in vikings. That is all.
  • AgonyztAgonyzt Member UncommonPosts: 16
    He looks like Arthas... just saying!
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Irrespective of the gentleman's acting ability. What will make this film is story and execution. If the story is good and the film is executed well, then it maybe a fair film otherwise it may become an embarassment to Blizzard.
  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Hopefully he isn't going to play a famous character in WoW lore.  I want this to be a two-movie franchise with this guy playing a member of the Aliance who dies in the end, and is resurrected as a Forsaken after the credits so we can have a sequel where we see things from the perspective of the Horde.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Great choice, and Vikings is an awesome show, so glad it s back for season 2 soon.
  • SinfulChrisSinfulChris Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Resembles Uther Lightbringer, but needs more beard.
  • AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    What a beautiful man.
  • JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    i liked him in Vikings. however, please no smirking.....i got so sick of watching him smirk for half the episode...every single episode. Please increase your facial expressions repertuar.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Why is it that when I see that guy's face all I can think of is "Bubble Boy"?

FOR THE HORDE! :P

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• SunwolfNCSunwolfNC Member UncommonPosts: 188

And he had such a promising career.

This movie will fail - and he'll be a back shelf actor for at least 5-10 because of it.

If I'm wrong - then we get a potentially good movie - but I don't think I'm wrong considering I can't find ONE gaming-related movie that was anywhere NEAR good that's ever been made.

Now, if you'll excuse me, Lagertha is calling for me from their bed-chamber...

• TheBigDRCTheBigDRC Member Posts: 162
    Originally posted by SunwolfNC

This movie will fail - and he'll be a back shelf actor for at least 5-10 because of it.

If I'm wrong - then we get a potentially good movie - but I don't think I'm wrong considering I can't find ONE gaming-related movie that was anywhere NEAR good that's ever been made.

The first Silent Hill and Resident Evil movies were good. Ah, at least from my perspective. But beyond that, yeah very few of them were worth it.

Meh, we'll see how this goes. Worst case, it becomes the best bit of ammo for those that want to use it.

You know what's fun about chaos? I do, but I won't tell.

• evilZekeevilZeke Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Originally posted by SunwolfNC

Mortal Kombat of 1995 was amazing.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Tirion Fordring?

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    I think the lead role is gonna be Gamon.  the struggle of one against many.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

I am not going to say that the WoW film will be a hit but i remember all the talk when Peter Jackson was named to helm the LoTR movies.. And that turned out ok.

Usually the reason a game adaptation goes less then well is that they are either a way to small production (or helmed by Uwe Boll) or they are made by people that does not understand how to make a movie trying to explain the game to people who does not understand games.

I would say that Blizzard have proved that they at least have some basic grasp of storytelling from a cinematic PoV and thus can provide some good input on how to make a good Warcraft movie.

So there is potential there, but as Mr Bay have shown.. even something with a very good potential can turn out utter crap in the end.

This have been a good conversation

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Blizzard should just stop this BS live action movie and instead make an awesome animated movie. of course animated movie may cost more but still it could be much more interesting and engaging. 

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by jesteralways
    Blizzard should just stop this BS live action movie and instead make an awesome animated movie. of course animated movie may cost more but still it could be much more interesting and engaging. 

how do you know it won't be both?  like lord of the rings or harry potter or roger rabbit.

• ngiringiri Member Posts: 4
    Hogger.
  • RevofireRevofire Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Fairly decent show, I mean we could use more shows so a season 2 is a good thing. Pretty excited to see if they can improve. :)
    Change your thoughts and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    His only line will be: " job's done! " or "more work?"

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor