Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Users making multiple accounts for beta keys, all 29/10

So, whats with the hundreds of new account people are making to spam the threads offering the beta keys?

They are all made today and with 1 post...

I would have thought MMORPG knew better how to do these sort of give aways, and now instead of rewarding loyal readers and users, they are giving away the stuff for these spammers newcomers...

GG.

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation

Comments

• loskylosky Member Posts: 2
    at least you can post a message on the day one beta key give away ;( it wont let me
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Leechers.
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • naZchoconaZchoco Member Posts: 82
    Yeah it's pretty annoying. Give the loyals something.
  • EncephalitisEncephalitis Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi
    Leechers.

this.

wouldn't hurt my feels any if they took my creation date +1 day before, and wouldn't let those people participate, as to let the more active people test it out (and yes, i would be included).

i put my hat in the ring as a chance to get a key, but if its going to be abused like that then screw it.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986

It's a catch 22...  they want to drive more people to the site so locking out new folks would be counter to that goal.  They also don't want spammers...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• loskylosky Member Posts: 2
    Myself am not a spammer more like i just found this site today :P but ya i do agree that spamming lots accounts isn't fair and they should prob not let people like me post to get one because i am new to the site and well only posting just to get a the key.
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

It's a catch 22...  they want to drive more people to the site so locking out new folks would be counter to that goal.  They also don't want spammers...

It's not a catch 22 because these people are only coming to spam the give away thread. Secondly, they don't need to cut account creation, just give the keys to people who had accounts the week before the contest.

its simple. But I guess MMORPG staff want to boast user numbers, even though 95% of the people posting on giveaway are 29/10ers

• LostieLostie Member Posts: 8
    i normally just read, and not post much, but ive been here since 2009 lol
  • maybellemaybelle Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by maybelle
    like the irish coming to the americas ^__^

Way to go posting a photo and making your profile look legit...

Gotta love these spammers.

it's not like it'd increase my chances of getting a key

the point of the giveaway is to attract more people to the website and to reward the community, they've succeeded

salty

Originally posted by Lostie

Post count is not the problem. The problem is the hoard of account makers spamming the thread and ruining for genuine long term users.

its sad and very disappointing.

• maybellemaybelle Member Posts: 4
    [mod edit]

sorry you feel that way

hope you get a key :)

Post count is not the problem. The problem is the hoard of account makers spamming the thread and ruining for genuine long term users.

yeah i understand how you feel, that you dedicate your time on something and vultures come's along and take pieces of your pie.

yeah i understand how you feel, that you dedicate your time on something and vultures come's along and take pieces of your pie.

Not my pie, our pie (pre 29/10ers).

this is detrimental for all loyal users, not one in particular, much less me.

Oh well, that's the internets... Sad thing the keys will pop up on eBay.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Sad thing the keys will pop up on eBay.

unavoidable - thats a risk for anyone, old or new

Not my pie, our pie (pre 29/10ers).

this is detrimental for all loyal users, not one in particular, much less me.

Oh well, that's the internets... Sad thing the keys will pop up on eBay.

well, the bright side is that there are more days to come.

• DerangedcowbrainDerangedcowbrain Member UncommonPosts: 56

I don't think it's a big deal. I could easily compare the amount of time you've been a member to my ancient join date, for instance, and make the same argument. But I won't.

They want more people to visit the site; more people are evidently visiting the site. And there you go.

D

p.s. Wow, I only post about 4.4 times a year.... 

• Psion33Psion33 Member Posts: 248

I have 10 email addresses which provides me a security blanket for many different things. :)

Don't hate the game.

• RoxasMathesonRoxasMatheson Member Posts: 11
    spam is bad
  • LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555
    Originally posted by RoxasMatheson
    spam is bad

Tell that to the Hawaiians!

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Maybe they could change it so that atleast 100 keys will go to active members of the MMORPG community and the other 100 are completely random.  They'll still get 1000's of new people registering but at the same time showing some love to their users.
  • PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    agree... 
  • LigiLigi Member UncommonPosts: 119

Completly agree with OP, something is very wrong when keys are going to 1 day  multiple accounts while loyal members with only one account just watch the keys going away.

The main point of this kind of iniciatives is to reward loyal members , then promote the site, not the other way around. If the core members feel disapointed they just go away, and the new ones, after the contest is over, will to exaclty the same thing because they just registered to get the keys.

At the end of the day its a loose-loose situation where the only ones winning are the leechers that won keys.

• shadowglidershadowglider Member Posts: 10

I must say, the giveaway did help me stumble across a really awesome site! But you guys probably deserve the keys more ^^

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Its simple use a proxy there are over 20 thousand Open Proxies you can use to hide you're online identity, and most gaming forums like MMORPG, and clan forums are always open to Spamming, Trolling and require advanced security options to keep these type of people off the forums.

However the cost would be quite high to do such.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

I'd say if anything they could just give it out to people with 10+ posts or something simple like that. 

Either way, it shouldn't be THAT big of a deal. Hearthstone is a fun casual card game but nothing more. Something to burn time and eventually get bored of lacking the real depth of most card systems. Not nessiarily a bad thing but its not something you can expect to spend years and years 'perfecting' so to speak.