Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Marvel Heroes: Loki Joins the Cast in Asgard

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

The Marvel Heroes story continues next week with a major update to the game bringing players into Asgard. We've got all the details and even some exclusive juicy info for you, so read on!

Norway has essentially been overrun with Frost Giants and Dark Elves (though the characters in the game aren’t aware of what they’re dealing with just yet) and players are tasked with helping Reed Richards solve the mystery by gathering components for his research by defeating these creatures and tackling  a variety of other surprises players can look forward to. The conclusion of this event will unlock the Bifrost Bridge, which will grant players entry into Asgard in order to continue the story.  Before the story can move forward, however, players will need to fight their way across the Bifrost Bridge and then clear out Asgard itself of a variety of invading “evil doers”.

Read more of Michael Bitton's Marvel Heroes: Loki Joins the Cast in Asgard.

Comments

• jpf80jpf80 Member Posts: 8
    Loki should be a nice addition.
  • FlaebFlaeb Member Posts: 91
    Jeff Goldblum, is that you?
  • AuruAuru Member Posts: 1

Everyone can see that 5.6 off to the right as they read this new piece on Marvel Heroes.

That was then, this game had an extremely rough (bugs.. warts and all) release, first impressions and review scores show this for sure.

It's taken some time.. but today, this game is a fun ARPG that I would recommend to anyone.. not just Marvel fans, it's got the difficulty modes in so you can get that challenging content late on.. it's got a revamped starter area for newer people, much more itemisation to ponder over.. heroes have been getting good design overhauls (Ironman is like night and day compared to his release state)

It's a fun community as well, the devs behind this game communicate on there forum like actual people.. this is a huge strong point for me.

I play a load of games.. stuff like Dota 2/Starcraft II ... I have been pleasantly surprised with Marvel Heroes, if you tried it at the start.. give it another go :b

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

These kind of games practically scream for controller support. Unfortunately, it seems everyone is just blindly following the Diablo style controls, invented in 1996. Hooray for innovation!

(Funnily enough, Blizzard themselves did it right with the D3 console versions)

• NickcsNickcs Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Originally posted by tom_gore

These kind of games practically scream for controller support. Unfortunately, it seems everyone is just blindly following the Diablo style controls, invented in 1996. Hooray for innovation!

To bad they didnt really make the game right...

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

So they are going to do a "SWG"

Introduce random bits of stuff that is potentially lore breaking just to lure in a few more noodels when ever a movie comes out. I at least hope Disney/Marvel (who i am sure is dictating this) fronted the cash to get Tom to record the lines for Loki... That would make it worth it.

Oh well i guess we know the pattern from now on then. New movie = Token character from movie even if it is a villain for no good reason.

This have been a good conversation

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Nickcs

To bad they didnt really make the game right...

They actually did With the Console Version.

And they finally gonna do it to the PC Version as well when the Expac launches.

I Guess better late than never.

• mcburlymcburly Member Posts: 234
    Originally posted by tawess

Introduce random bits of stuff that is potentially lore breaking just to lure in a few more noodels when ever a movie comes out. I at least hope Disney/Marvel (who i am sure is dictating this) fronted the cash to get Tom to record the lines for Loki... That would make it worth it.

Oh well i guess we know the pattern from now on then. New movie = Token character from movie even if it is a villain for no good reason.

The devs have said the new chapter will give a reason as to why he is playable

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by mcburly
    Originally posted by tawess

The devs have said the new chapter will give a reason as to why he is playable

I am not one to get overly caught up on lore but do you really think it fits to have Loki serving Shield, the avengers, and the X-men doing missions in all the other chapters?  

If they where going to do villains and I don't think that's a bad idea they should have wrote a chapter 1+ story around them.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Totally agree. This is why i never bothered with these kind of games before. Im actually now playing Path of Exile, Marvel Heroes, and sometimes Torchlight 2 just because i found out that i can map a key to walk wherever i move the pointer without having to point and click at all. The fact that Diablo 1 and now diablo 3 have console version with full controller support, and Torchlight 1 had an xbox 360 version too shows that these types of game work very well with controllers and even WASD. War of the Immortal, a diablo-like game from Perfect World Entertainment has WASD and it works like a charm.

I always say that limiting games to point and click is beyond lazy when the type of game in question works perfectly with WASD and gamepad.

• BijouBijou Member UncommonPosts: 145
    I think it's cool, I've been waiting for a playable Loki character since forever. I'll check it out... And the new one in Avengers Alliance. Suddenly they added Loki to both games, lol.
  • SamFalconSamFalcon Member Posts: 2

Honestly, the community sucks, the game is broken, and Doomsaw is an unproffesional jackass.

• The community: Well, any newbie posting about a question or post some insights will be ridiculed by immature Deadpool wannabee that posts sarcastic useless comments. 

An example was someone was asking where the patch notes were. All the comments that user got was "you didnt have your patch notes get delivered to you?"

When someone says something critical on why they don't like the game. The "white-knights" of that community will tear that thread apart and troll it, most will say "if you don't like the game, then leave."

• The game is broken: Gaz mostly bypasses the Test Center and pushed it on live saying it is "99.99" tested... then it blows up in their faces coz there are game breaking bugs. Right now, a lot of players get disconnected everytime they go to an instance and Gaz's response is they don't know whats causing it.

Speaking of which, a few months ago... players had to download the same patch multiple times coz it went live with a game-breaking bug (players cant log in and they didnt know what caused it) so players had wasted 15GB on bandwidth for their incompetence.

• Doomsaw is an unproffesional jackass: During one of the play with the Devs weekend. A kid playing Spiderman said his Spiderman keeps dieing (which is true due to the games broken mechanics, getting one-shotted and insane damage on normal mobs) and Doomsaw's reply was "your just bad at this game" .

And right now, he is mostly lurking in the forums and takes it personally when someone says criticizes / says negative things about the game (and no cursing or such, no breaking of the TOS) but Doomsaw will edit the post to mock the user or delete the post... and he bans a lot of users at the forums just for criticizing the game or just at pointing out on how crappy they are censoring the forums (they are becoming worse than Blizzard)

Personally, if Doomsaw just stops lurking at the forums and actually does his job (which is to develop) then there wont be so many bugs out there.

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by SamFalcon

Honestly, the community sucks, the game is broken, and Doomsaw is an unproffesional jackass.

• The community: Well, any newbie posting about a question or post some insights will be ridiculed by immature Deadpool wannabee that posts sarcastic useless comments. 

An example was someone was asking where the patch notes were. All the comments that user got was "you didnt have your patch notes get delivered to you?"

When someone says something critical on why they don't like the game. The "white-knights" of that community will tear that thread apart and troll it, most will say "if you don't like the game, then leave."

• The game is broken: Gaz mostly bypasses the Test Center and pushed it on live saying it is "99.99" tested... then it blows up in their faces coz there are game breaking bugs. Right now, a lot of players get disconnected everytime they go to an instance and Gaz's response is they don't know whats causing it.

Speaking of which, a few months ago... players had to download the same patch multiple times coz it went live with a game-breaking bug (players cant log in and they didnt know what caused it) so players had wasted 15GB on bandwidth for their incompetence.

• Doomsaw is an unproffesional jackass: During one of the play with the Devs weekend. A kid playing Spiderman said his Spiderman keeps dieing (which is true due to the games broken mechanics, getting one-shotted and insane damage on normal mobs) and Doomsaw's reply was "your just bad at this game" .

And right now, he is mostly lurking in the forums and takes it personally when someone says criticizes / says negative things about the game (and no cursing or such, no breaking of the TOS) but Doomsaw will edit the post to mock the user or delete the post... and he bans a lot of users at the forums just for criticizing the game or just at pointing out on how crappy they are censoring the forums (they are becoming worse than Blizzard)

Personally, if Doomsaw just stops lurking at the forums and actually does his job (which is to develop) then there wont be so many bugs out there.

I agree with what you wrote but if you can look past all of that it's really not such a bad game. The details such as xp gain and the way heroes powers work get changed so much that I don't log in anymore(nor do my friends) but I had a good time for a few months and since it was ftp from start to finish there was no money missing from my wallet which is A OK in my book.