Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Repopulation: New Alpha Footage Trailer Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Fans of The Repopulation will want to check out the latest alpha footage trailer released by the developers. The video features over three minutes of game play, environments, gathering and more. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Really looking forward to The Repopulation. This one and Star Citizen.

Now if there is any developer out there who could make a next gen mix from TR and ST it even would be greater hehe...

• crasset15crasset15 Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Music is a bit in your face, at least IMO. Could have used something more subtle. Otherwise, a good trailer, sums up the main features nicely.
  • RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 808
    It looks good until they switch to combat.
    I like to complain about games.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Ridrith

Yeh, it kind of looks like Fallen Earth combat, which is mostly just meh

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• shin_chanshin_chan Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Tabula Rasa feelings
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Bleh, every mmo is slated to release in 2014-2015...Nothing good this year it seems, ugh.

I've been interested in the game, the only thing that puts me off is F2P and cash shop. I would rather pay a sub than have to use a cash shop for extra bank space/bag space etc. ... F2P/Cash Shops are annoying. On the fence with this one....

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555
    Originally posted by The1ceQueen

Is this still scheduled for 2013 release?

That is a look at the alpha, so probably not.

Originally posted by Livnthedream

Is this still scheduled for 2013 release?

That is a look at the alpha, so probably not.

Aye, I see now it's updated in their faqs from 2013 to 2014 now :(

Dark Age of Camelot

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

This is one of the few games I'm  following....and its not from a big company !

Looking good.

• MarlonBMarlonB Member UncommonPosts: 526
    Originally posted by rodingo

Out of genuine interest, what is it about the combat you don't like?

What do you expect it to be?

In a sandbox game like this, how large do you expect the role of combat to be?

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by MarlonB
    Originally posted by rodingo

Out of genuine interest, what is it about the combat you don't like?

What do you expect it to be?

In a sandbox game like this, how large do you expect the role of combat to be?

I expect combat to be as polished as all other sanbox elements.

Just because you are a sandbox game it doesn't give you any excuses, you are still competing with every MMO on the market and all their features, its a brutal business.

To me it looks super rough, even for alpha, looks like a 10 year old game, but if the gameplay is awesome the graphics won't matter much.

Its all about gameplay in the end, but I can ignore the fact that it looks dated in a big way.

I agree.

That's what I hated about SWG, the combat was god awful. It felt like Sony allowed 10 year old gamers design and develop that mess.

Here's hoping they do a better job.

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Looks like a good start. Hopefully the graphics and animations will continue to improve.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Looking forward to this one along with Black Desert, Pathfinder and Archeage.  There may be some sandbox options in the next couple of years.  I prefer sci fi so really hoping for some continued polish and Darkfall type combat system (couldn't tell from the video, but it didn't look DF smooth yet).
  • TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Looks compelling.  I'd love to see some female character creation.  Seems like the game is taking a long time and we are still in alpha though. 

I feel like I'm on the way out of the mmo genre.  Maybe it will arrive in time for me, maybe not.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Terranah

Looks compelling.  I'd love to see some female character creation.  Seems like the game is taking a long time and we are still in alpha though. 

That's what happens when you have a small team and a small budget - MMO dev cost has quadrupled over the last 10 years.

Yep, seems that way. 

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699

This game is at the very top of my list, along with the rest of the 2014 sandbox, sand/park games.

I hate to nit pick on this but c'mon we're in the post apoc future using laser weapons and everything yet still swinging a mining pick?  Gimme a man portable mining laser, or ore extractor! :)

Need wood? Laser that tree down... Ore? Slice and dice that paltry rock with laser beams... Skinning? no problem... got mah LASER knife!!!!!!!

You get the idea... now back to playing with the cats with the LASER pointer! I need help!

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    They are sure taking there time with this one. Just let me play already :( I wont complain like a lot of these other brats :(
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    The trailer looks fine to me, I think I will still be passing on the game though. F2P and cash shop are two things I know I won't like and make or break it for me when choosing to play an Mmorpg, I just prefer the subscription model instead of the cash shop grab. I like my bag space, my bank slots, and my character slots without having to pay for them individually.

Dark Age of Camelot

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

Yep.  They've spent way too much time on the "fun" stuff like building the world, and not enough on the "required" stuff like actual gameplay.  Combat, and even resource gathering, looks really bad.  They have their development priorities backwards.

You make me like charity

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

The trailer looks fine to me, I think I will still be passing on the game though. F2P and cash shop are two things I know I won't like and make or break it for me when choosing to play an Mmorpg, I just prefer the subscription model instead of the cash shop grab. I like my bag space, my bank slots, and my character slots without having to pay for them individually.
    Unfortunately, I am in the same boat. I think these guys are really talented and have some good concepts. But I just can't get behind cash shop driven games. I don't want to be solicited while I'm nerding it up in these worlds. I don't want to deal with daily or weekly monetary decisions while I just want to forget about that crap and play a game.
  • wowclonezwowclonez Member Posts: 74

Originally posted by The1ceQueen The trailer looks fine to me, I think I will still be passing on the game though. F2P and cash shop are two things I know I won't like and make or break it for me when choosing to play an Mmorpg, I just prefer the subscription model instead of the cash shop grab. I like my bag space, my bank slots, and my character slots without having to pay for them individually.

Originally posted by Foomerang Unfortunately, I am in the same boat. I think these guys are really talented and have some good concepts. But I just can't get behind cash shop driven games. I don't want to be solicited while I'm nerding it up in these worlds. I don't want to deal with daily or weekly monetary decisions while I just want to forget about that crap and play a game.

That's the wrong way to look at it, and that's not how it works in The Repopulation. The devs have packages similar to a box fee, so you pay one time for your bag and bank slots. Also they are a  small indie, F2P is the only way they will be able to survive. Every single game that was subscription based  has gone F2P except WOW and EVE, and they can only do so because they released long ago. Conan, LOTRO, RIFT, Secret World, AION, SWTOR, Vanguard, Fallen Earth, Everquest2. TERA... everyone has went F2P. It's actually ridiculous to hear people complain about F2P when almost every mmo already is. I'd rather them be F2P and survive, than charge sub fees like Darkfall and fail, then try to reboot the game when they run out of money/subs. TESO and EQNext will go F2P eventually as well. Subscription merely means, "We will sell boxes and  a monthly subscription fee till money stops coming in, and then go F2P". Haven't you anti-F2P people figured that out yet?

• SidQFTSidQFT Member UncommonPosts: 96

cant wait!!!!!!

havent been this excited for a game since Shadowbane.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by wowclonez

Originally posted by The1ceQueen The trailer looks fine to me, I think I will still be passing on the game though. F2P and cash shop are two things I know I won't like and make or break it for me when choosing to play an Mmorpg, I just prefer the subscription model instead of the cash shop grab. I like my bag space, my bank slots, and my character slots without having to pay for them individually.  

Originally posted by Foomerang Unfortunately, I am in the same boat. I think these guys are really talented and have some good concepts. But I just can't get behind cash shop driven games. I don't want to be solicited while I'm nerding it up in these worlds. I don't want to deal with daily or weekly monetary decisions while I just want to forget about that crap and play a game.

That's the wrong way to look at it, and that's not how it works in The Repopulation. The devs have packages similar to a box fee, so you pay one time for your bag and bank slots. Also they are a  small indie, F2P is the only way they will be able to survive. Every single game that was subscription based  has gone F2P except WOW and EVE, and they can only do so because they released long ago. Conan, LOTRO, RIFT, Secret World, AION, SWTOR, Vanguard, Fallen Earth, Everquest2. TERA... everyone has went F2P. It's actually ridiculous to hear people complain about F2P when almost every mmo already is. I'd rather them be F2P and survive, than charge sub fees like Darkfall and fail, then try to reboot the game when they run out of money/subs. TESO and EQNext will go F2P eventually as well. Subscription merely means, "We will sell boxes and  a monthly subscription fee till money stops coming in, and then go F2P". Haven't you anti-F2P people figured that out yet?

I will definitely try out the game since you can for free. But I don't expect to play it for long. I could be wrong though. I haven't played a F2P mmo that has stuck with me for very long in the past. But there is always a first.
    edit: and yes for people like naruiseldon out there I understand there are plenty of people who dont play mmos long term haha
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    Looks good!

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• ropeniceropenice Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Originally posted by wowclonez

Yes most sub games have failed lately, due to being poorly designed and/or half-finished (or just got old), and not because there is something inherently wrong with sub model. The casualization of mmo's is the reason subs aren't holding. Games are made to be single-player 3 month disposable nowadays. If games were being made with mechanics to keep players longer, subs would work fine. It seems that the Repop would be a good design for subs with the world-building, crafting, territory control pvp, etc. and would make for a more long term experience. And for all you anti-sub people, how long til you start to complain about pay to win cash shop, or lack of development, cust service, added content because the majority of the playerbase won't spend a dime to play?

Sorry to rant, but I just don't see how people can complain about 50 cents a day to get the whole game, instead of nickle and dimed to death or ptw. Is a game that isn't worth 15/month even worth playing for free? If a game sucks bad enough that I won't pay 50 cents per day, then I wouldn't want to play it even if it was free.