Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Still the best pve mmo imo

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by snoocky

True

Untill the next classrevamp dubs down the tactical gameplay

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by snoocky

True

Untill the next classrevamp dubs down the tactical gameplay

You must be pretty upset about this.. You bring it up in every Lotro post no matter the topic.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 872
    Ya the class revamp is going to be a big shock I have played a champion for six years and they are making some crazy changes one of the nice features of the game now is you can change your traits. With the changes it is sounding like you will not be able to be good at more than one thing.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Still not certain about how I feel about this class revamp.  At least the combat changes seem nice and much needed.
  • BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

I noticed this when playing today.   My question is why?  

I was perfectly happy with the normal exp gain.   Now it feels I am just rushing through levels,  which to me, means content in areas I haven't done is only going to be easier than I would prefer.

Not exactly happy about this decision.  A month is a long time too.   Sure seems  like they are pushing us through to get us to spend money faster.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222
    Originally posted by Boneserino

I noticed this when playing today.   My question is why?  

I was perfectly happy with the normal exp gain.   Now it feels I am just rushing through levels,  which to me, means content in areas I haven't done is only going to be easier than I would prefer.

Not exactly happy about this decision.  A month is a long time too.   Sure seems  like they are pushing us through to get us to spend money faster.

Why? Because there is a new expansion coming out, that's why. It's a business, they want to sell more copies of the expansion, to pay salaries and make WB happy.

If you are still not at the level cap a year after the last expansion came out, then I think it's reasonable to try to boost the leveling speed....it's certainly the slowest leveling non-Asian game I've played...

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

Have only been playing a couple months now.  Hit level 30 and with exp gain it  seems like I can level at the pace I did at 20.  

It just seems such a cheesy way to get you to spend money, and while I enjoy progressing my  character, I would like to take my time doing it.  The cost of a quest pack gives you about 10 levels of content generally.   Which mean you can do half the content  and get the same XP.   That would seem to leave a lot of wasted content and just force you to move to the next quest pack quicker.

Some might see this a good thing but I wish it was optional, say in the form of xp boosts or something that could be used at your own discretion.  This feels like forced leveling to me.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

Originally posted by Boneserino

Have only been playing a couple months now.  Hit level 30 and with exp gain it  seems like I can level at the pace I did at 20.  

It just seems such a cheesy way to get you to spend money, and while I enjoy progressing my  character, I would like to take my time doing it.  The cost of a quest pack gives you about 10 levels of content generally.   Which mean you can do half the content  and get the same XP.   That would seem to leave a lot of wasted content and just force you to move to the next quest pack quicker.

Some might see this a good thing but I wish it was optional, say in the form of xp boosts or something that could be used at your own discretion.  This feels like forced leveling to me.

There is a stone you can buy and put in your pocket, which makes you stop earning XP... sandly it costs 495 thingies in the cash shop, but for lorre addicts that want to do a single character route, its a must to keep things challenging... 

Normally i would advise people to keep the money in their pocket till level 50 and all the chapters of the first book that are available at 50, but now it seems we are even outleveling the main story content.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by trancejeremy
    ....it's certainly the slowest leveling non-Asian game I've played...

Strange, LotRO was always a bit above the "ideal" xp gain, not much but enough to people asking an xp-disabler function in the game since years.

Turbine ignored it for a long time, and then around a year ago they've heard the call (or probably it was a call from WB's finance dept. :) ) so they boosted the xp gain, and when the voices of requesting the xp-disabler got loud enough, Turbine in thy grace gave us the disabler - as a store purchase.

When it doesn't had the needed profit margin, they've fiddled with the rest xp system to boost xp gain even more for subscribers (many of them switched to premium, but lifers can't do that).

And now it's a full sweep double xp for a month. As I wrote in the other thread as well, I'm pretty sure it's only to boost the xp disabler sales. Harvestmath festival starts tomorrow, with the double xp on top of the already boosted xp gain means, without the xp disabler you'll just do a Haunted Barrow run, and you'll advance a level :(

Edit: lol, it's indeed a sad subject, but of course it's only a Haunted Burrow and not a barrow...

For those who like to enjoy the content in an optimal pace and not powerleveling through Middle-earth (and don't follow the forum, nor twitter - ok, I think that's probably a very small bunch :) ), there's a coupon to help:

By player request, use this coupon for 25% off the XP disabler in the LOTRO Store: SLOWME 5 uses per account. #LOTRO

Edit: damn twitter hashtags...

• Flaming_MMOFlaming_MMO Member Posts: 137
    This is something that might actually make me want to give it another try, especially with the Halloween events going on.   Having played about every class up to the level cap a couple years ago, I do not want to take my time getting back up to speed yet again. 
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/10/28/lotro-holds-leveling-contest-for-lifetime-membership/

LotRO's new leveling contest could get you one of 16 rewards if you put in the effort during this next month. Players who have a character that reaches level 60 or higher by November 10th will be entered into a drawing to possibly win a lifetime membership, a premium edition of Helm's Deep, or 500 Turbine Points.

Unless your character's at level 85 (which is an automatic contest entry right there), you'll have to advance at least one level between now and November 10th in the level 60-85 range to be entered into the drawing. The cool thing is that you will get a chance to win for every character on your account that achieves this.

• LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 540

Just to add some info about levelling contest: it's for US citizens only. All the world outside - well, they are left outside.

Turbine, please consider making something from non-US players.

Please.

Originally posted by Lithuanian

Just to add some info about levelling contest: it's for US citizens only. All the world outside - well, they are left outside.

Turbine, please consider making something from non-US players.

Please.

+Germany and France as they've stated later. The rest of the world - well, still waiting.

And I have to add, that it's sad to see that Turbine openly encourage the "powerleveling" attitude... The only nice thing I've found in that letter is the first prize, more precisely the existence of it - probably we will see an LTA offer in the future? that'd be cool :)

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

Doesn't the contract end in 2014?

Originally posted by thinktank001

They have a contract with the tolkien society...

those people just love the tolkien lore and realise that this game is currently part of the tolkien legacy and should never disapear. They are currently negotiating a new contract with Turbine that in case Turbine ceases development all game assets become owned bij the tolkien society...  They will make sure that this game never goes offline...

• RabidMouthRabidMouth Member Posts: 196

those people just love the tolkien lore and realise that this game is currently part of the tolkien legacy and should never disapear. They are currently negotiating a new contract with Turbine that in case Turbine ceases development all game assets become owned bij the tolkien society...  They will make sure that this game never goes offline...

This is interesting. Can you provide a source? Might have to give the game another go. I was under the impression it probably wouldn't last much longer in 2014.

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

Originally posted by CowboyHat

This is interesting. Can you provide a source? Might have to give the game another go. I was under the impression it probably wouldn't last much longer in 2014.

My source, ingame chat with people  that know whau they are talking about... They been right al the times

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

according to this joystiq article

the contract is with Middle Earth Enterprises

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/05/04/the-road-to-mordor-could-lord-of-the-rings-online-end-in-2014/

http://www.middleearth.com/about.html

Welcome to Middle-earth Enterprises formerly known as Tolkien Enterprises, a division of The Saul Zaentz Company, headquartered in Berkeley, California.

Middle-earth Enterprises owns exclusive worldwide rights to motion picture, merchandising, stage and other rights in certain literary works of J.R.R. Tolkien including The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. We have produced and licensed films, stage productions and merchandise based on these Tolkien works for more than thirty-five years.

• RabidMouthRabidMouth Member Posts: 196
    Originally posted by CowboyHat

My source, ingame chat with people  that know whau they are talking about... They been right al the times

"Some guy said so" is hardly a reliable source.

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.