Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me find a mmo to play

HazorZHazorZ Member Posts: 12

Hi my name is Tomas and i am looking for a game. Or rather a mmo. I dont know its name or if it excist. Ill tell you abit of what game i am looking for. I have played WoW for... ever. Just quited and closed my account. I need something new and refreshing. 

I am abit of the more.. relaxing gamer. Yes i do pvp and raid and so on, but i am more of an adventurer. I love to run around and just watch the scenery and listen to the music and the nature. Like minecraft, i love to just explore and listen to the AMAZING music. Its relaxing and i love that in a game. 

A friend of mine plays Age Of Conan and he showed me a move about the scenery of a place there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrYxvzmWMPo

That looks amazing and relaxing with the grass moving slowly and some shadow around the trees that moves around with the sound of the wind... yeah.

Like here in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqew2A0rP88 a player ride around a huge place that looks fantasic and the music.... that music.

That is a game i want. A Game that have good graphics (yes it can be cartoony like wildstar becouse it has physics and good animation, not everything that have "good graphics" need to look like crysis). It needs to have a huge collection of music and sound effects. And the most important, the scenery/world. Becouse i am going to do alot of quests and running/exploring. 

And music in the game must be GOOD. like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIOiV4d1SVI   /    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gothic+storm+seasons+of+solace&oq=gothic+storm+s&gs_l=youtube.3.1.0l3.29.9735.0.11867.30.20.9.1.1.0.115.1289.19j1.20.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.WEXtAtR7-lM

So if you know of a game or play one that fits my wishes i whould be very happy if you introduced it to me. 

Games i have tried: Rift.. awesome animation and ok graphics, but the sound... or more like "what sound?".. music is rubbish. 

I tried Lotro a long time ago when it launced, clucky animations and graphics.. but awesome music.

so please help me find a game.  My mind is open to all games.. but mostly MMORPG`s.. not moba games.

Sorry for my bad english :(

Thank you!

Comments

• cydoneqcydoneq Member UncommonPosts: 66

no mmo can compare to the wow soundtracks, self do, self have.

if you just want to explore a big beauty world, try entropia universe

• HazorZHazorZ Member Posts: 12
    yeah i know world of warcraft have amazing soundtrack, and i love them. But if i am going to change game, i realy want something to have similiar quality in their music.
  • cydoneqcydoneq Member UncommonPosts: 66
    then you have to try old school hiphop ;)

• NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257
    I would say for the soundtrack, Final Fantasy XIV ARR has the best I ever heard. Very beautiful music, and the game is awesome.
    How are the "loot" in FFXIVAAR? Is it like wow when u kill a boss you get awesome armor? 
  • kinartkinart Member UncommonPosts: 127
    I never bother with in-game music, always mute it and play whatever i like on top of it. This makes your game choosing much easier ;-)
  • jesadjesad Member UncommonPosts: 882

Go google Age of Wushu OST to hear some pretty cool exploring music.  They make that kind of music that actually sounds better at a medium to low volume, perfect for standing on a mountain and looking out at the countryside, which, in that game is pretty beautiful as well.

Age of Wushu

Even Better Example (Edit) Age of Wushu/Wulin

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Hello kitty Online has great cutesy music

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500
    So why dont you try AoC or LOTRO, the games you posted ? :) Both are decent mmorpgs I would say. I dont play them, but I did when they were P2P and I am sure they got a lot better now, truth is... I cant force myself to play any F2P mmorpgs, ever :)
  • tet666tet666 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Originally posted by Dogblaster
    So why dont you try AoC or LOTRO, the games you posted ? :) Both are decent mmorpgs I would say. I dont play them, but I did when they were P2P and I am sure they got a lot better now, truth is... I cant force myself to play any F2P mmorpgs, ever :)

Yeah sure cause games get better if you pay a monthly fee...

• vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 436
    I still find adventuring around in TSW is both relaxing and entertaining at the same time.
  • ToneFishToneFish Member UncommonPosts: 13

Maybe The Secret World which is from Funcom who made Age of Conan which you mention.

The immersion in this game is great,  very good graphics so you need a powerful machine. To me it is doing a good job being an adventure game and an MMO at the same time.  No subscription fee after you buy it so you can take your time exploring everything. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by tet666

Well no, not necessarily, however the only games I've enjoyed for any length of time (EVE, DAOC, WOW, Lineage 1/2) were sub games at the time I played them so my experience tells me they are more fun to me when I did pay a sub.

Perhaps one day I'll find a F2P that I enjoy for the long term and my view will change, but so far my personal experience tells me otherwise.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Neo_ViperNeo_Viper Member UncommonPosts: 609
    Originally posted by tet666

The only game without a subscription fee that I enjoyed more than a couple of weeks, a month top, is Guild Wars 2 (buy to play). I have yet to find a F2P game which isn't play to win (requiring you to pay MORE than the usual monthly fee). LOTRO, after moving to F2P, took a serious nosedive, both content and community wise.

So yeah, I think games are better when you have to pay something for them. It may be just a box price and expansions, or a monthly fee.

I waiting to be proved wrong in the future, maybe by EQNext, but for now, that's my experience.

My computer is better than yours.

Thanks for all the reply`s. I am thinking of trying them all, lotro, aoc and age of wulin. I tried tsw at my friend`s place today. Not my style, i want more fantasy. 

And just go trow it out there, i do not care for F2P or B2P or whatever, as long as i can enjoy the game.

Do any of you know if there is a mmo that have diffrent weather effects? and i dont mean like wow and their drizzle ever 3 months. But like storm or somthing.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by HazorZ

Do any of you know if there is a mmo that have diffrent weather effects? and i dont mean like wow and their drizzle ever 3 months. But like storm or somthing.

FFXIV has real storms. i love thunderstorms and rain so its something i watch for. some of my best moments in that game were fishing in the forest during a thunderstorm. (not something to do in real life btw.)

Vanguard has some pretty great scenery, music, and weather effects.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

How often do the storms accur? and how long do they last?

Thanks for all the reply`s. I am thinking of trying them all, lotro, aoc and age of wulin. I tried tsw at my friend`s place today. Not my style, i want more fantasy. 

And just go trow it out there, i do not care for F2P or B2P or whatever, as long as i can enjoy the game.

Sounds like a good plan!  And if you find that you still are not quite happy after trying them all then maybe give TSW a bit more time unless you only like fantasy.   After loving Funcom's Anarchy Online and Age of Conan and then trying TSW I initially dismissed TSW myself.  But once it went pay to play I tried it again and gave it more time it grew a lot and I now find it the most immersive MMO that I have played so far.   Just thinking about your references about exploring and adventuring - it really would be a good match.  But if you hate the setting then it might not ever do it for you.

WoW also has snow and sandstorms but I think you are looking for a game with more pronounced weather and then I can't really think of any. 

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

So play Age of Conan the game you posted there is an awesome Halloween event going on right NOW

also Secret World is A++++

Originally posted by aspekx

FFXIV has real storms. i love thunderstorms and rain so its something i watch for. some of my best moments in that game were fishing in the forest during a thunderstorm. (not something to do in real life btw.)

Vanguard has some pretty great scenery, music, and weather effects.

I have no gotten a chance to try FFXIV yet but maybe that could be something to add to your list.  It has been well received so far.  It has a story and being Final Fantasy I assume there is a good adventure in there.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Thanks for all the reply`s. I am thinking of trying them all, lotro, aoc and age of wulin. I tried tsw at my friend`s place today. Not my style, i want more fantasy. And just go trow it out there, i do not care for F2P or B2P or whatever, as long as i can enjoy the game.Do any of you know if there is a mmo that have diffrent weather effects? and i dont mean like wow and their drizzle ever 3 months. But like storm or somthing.

Its that you seek a mmo but i think if modded properly skyrim is game for you you can lose your self for hours in open world with weather system that no mmo can match realistic weather. Mods with awesome sounds and graphics you eyes pop out.
    But its solo and if you want a skyrim i have very immersive with jawdropping graphics you need a powerful pc.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

yeah skyrim is awesome. 

I have tried tsw quite alot. not realy my style. 

Anyone here play lotro or age of conan that can tell me how the state of the game?

• Neo_ViperNeo_Viper Member UncommonPosts: 609
    Originally posted by DocBrody

So play Age of Conan the game you posted there is an awesome Halloween event going on right NOW

also Secret World is A++++

I've played many games since UO... and the best Halloween event I've experienced is right now in GW2. All other similar events pale in comparison.

(note that I only talk about Halloween here)

My computer is better than yours.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Music is such a personal experience it is going to be really hard for someone to tell you what you want. You would probably be best served by watching gameplay videos or something. I mean I hear people rave about the WoW music and I always turned it off because it is obnoxious. Not everyone is going to like the same thing, especially when it comes to background music.

that is very true ender, but if you look at the lotro and minecraft video i posted on the first post, the music in these videoes is the music i go for. relaxing and not to fast.

I am thinking alot about lotro, i LOVE  Lord of the rings and i love the music. I have only seen some gameplay videoes and reviews from back in the day. Is the graphics gotten better? becouse from what i have seen it looks abit cluncky :/