Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New to game, want to earn plex

Hey guys, I just saw that Steam had eve on sale and was wondering if I should get it. I downloaded the trial and I am hooked. Sadly I have no job at the moment , but I heard that you can earn plex and still be able to play. What is the best way to do this for someone new to the game?

Comments

• BreakNFacesBreakNFaces Member UncommonPosts: 77

Look for someone that will buddy invite you, they get free game time and you get a upgraded account for 30 + days plus how many days you have left on a trial, That is all you need, once you have this sorted mine your god damn ass off, pay for a plex for your account then do it again for another account and then mine with 2, rinse and repeat until you have 6-7 accounts, 6 hulks and a freighter and you will be making 500mil -1 bill Isk a day.

If your PC cant handle multiple accounts just train to a ret and do it that way

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

ugh...

And you thought you didnt have a job, you will if you follow faces directions on making ISK.

It works but fuck its boring. Id recommend running level III agents working up to IV. Running level IV's with a 2nd account salvaging was pretty profitable.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

Originally posted by ClockWorkJudge
    Hey guys, I just saw that Steam had eve on sale and was wondering if I should get it. I downloaded the trial and I am hooked. Sadly I have no job at the moment , but I heard that you can earn plex and still be able to play. What is the best way to do this for someone new to the game?

There may be quicker ways and shortcuts but generaly as a new solo player on a fresh account you are many months away from that goal.

Unless you like (afk) mining which I doubt, your best bet while waiting for all those skills you'd need to fly big ships would probably be doing exploration in low sec. If you do go for mining only route than I would personaly suggest you getting rl job instead :p

But getting into a PvE corp first can potentially help most.

• uplink4242uplink4242 Member UncommonPosts: 258

1-Ask someone for a 21 day trial, as opposed to the default 14 day one. You can get it from me (https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d230c784-13d6-4b36-92f9-a5a27b2d3929&action=buddy), or from anyone else.

2- Train up some exploration skills, get into a scanning frigate and hit low/nullsec for those juicy relic and data sites. You can literally fund a PLEX with a couple trips. It's extremly dangerous, and will need a great deal of care and knowledge about staying alive in hostile territory, but it is probably the best method.

• ClockWorkJudgeClockWorkJudge Member Posts: 2
    Alright guys, thank you all for the help, I think I'll try the 21 day  trial/early exploration route (considering I watched some online tutorials how to explore and survive lol) and then once I have some more experience in the game I will try the other venues and strategies. Again thank you all for the help and insight. Hope to see you in game sometime!
  • lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671

Dont forget to train for passive isk generation. Get your research skills up and sell datacores on the market. Also, Planetary Interaction is pretty passive once you get a planet or two setup. The right trade hub and datecores can get you 50+ million isk a month once maxed out. It is a pain to train though. I think about 5 or 6 months to max out the skills. I got stupid  last week and lost 2 ships, it was nice to go pick up 130 million isk to pay for a few new toys.

Oh yeah, dont fly what you cant aford to lose. Id love to buy that battleship and solo level 4's, but unless I can aford to buy 2 or 3 fully fitted, better to just stick with the BC's or advanced cruisers. Had a friend quit the game after he and buddy got Navy Ravens all fitted out and flew into low sec and promptly got blown up. Cried about the isk and how it took to make that much. I laughed in his face and drank the beer he paid for.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• mxishmxish Member Posts: 31

played eve on and off from 2008. I was able to get 3 months worth of plex with one months game time. pretty much run lvl 4s (domi seems to be a decent cheap ship if you got the drones skills) and you should be set.

DO NOT buy plex from ccp it is a ripoff. google around for sites that sell isk or plex. Player auctions is a good one. I was able to get 3.5 months worth of isk for 30$ cnd.  This isnt always the case, as it is players who sell it,  but its worth keeping an eye on. 

use programs  that tell you wether you shoul refine or sell an item, check ore prices all the time...  there are so many things to think of,  just research and if u like the game ull end up doing ok.

• krazeekkrazeek Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by mxish

played eve on and off from 2008. I was able to get 3 months worth of plex with one months game time. pretty much run lvl 4s (domi seems to be a decent cheap ship if you got the drones skills) and you should be set.

DO NOT buy plex from ccp it is a ripoff. google around for sites that sell isk or plex. Player auctions is a good one. I was able to get 3.5 months worth of isk for 30$ cnd.  This isnt always the case, as it is players who sell it,  but its worth keeping an eye on. 

use programs  that tell you wether you shoul refine or sell an item, check ore prices all the time...  there are so many things to think of,  just research and if u like the game ull end up doing ok.

Following this advice is a good way to lose money and possibly get your account temporarily or permanently banned. Buying GTCs is fine, but if you try to buy ISK, it will be taken from you.

To start out, following the bio of the character named Bunyip is a good method. My advice is to figure about 3-6 months of gaming and skill training before you can start being self-sufficient with PLEX. Note that this is a bad time to buy plexes, as the prices usually spike, especially with the new expansion so close. If you have sufficient ISK, buying a GTC from the forums is a lot chea[er than buying a PLEX.

Good luck, and you can chat with the character Bunyip with any concerns you may have.  He's really helpful (his bio got me started), but he's not always online.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by StarI

Originally posted by ClockWorkJudge

There may be quicker ways and shortcuts but generaly as a new solo player on a fresh account you are many months away from that goal.

Unless you like (afk) mining which I doubt, your best bet while waiting for all those skills you'd need to fly big ships would probably be doing exploration in low sec. If you do go for mining only route than I would personaly suggest you getting rl job instead :p

But getting into a PvE corp first can potentially help most.

Oh? I know a noob friend who had a few billion ISK after his trial I gave him, he didn't do any of those things above, just used his brains and played the market and did fun stuff ingame after he put down his buy and sell orders.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• heocatheocat Member UncommonPosts: 178
    If you decide on mining as a go you can add a second trial account just have dif. email so on rinse repeat. get the mining ship tutorial. I did level 1 missions and there is help sites that tell whats in the missions for ore. For hi sec mining these are the best some have great ore. You kill everything in the mission but don't turn it in just mine it.

• Dr_ShivinskiDr_Shivinski Member UncommonPosts: 311

Work your way up to level 4 missions, then when check out the incursions communities. You can be making the easiest 100-250mil an hour of your EVE career by running Incursions. But they want people in Machariels, Nightmares and Vindicators for DPS with tech 2 large guns, tech 2 shield tanks and t2 small drones. Or you can fly a Logi (healer) ship like the Scimitar or Basilisk and shield repair for them. Either way you make mad dosh. 

I currently have the fortune of living in a C5 wormhole with good friends and a great alliance and we make around 300+mil an hour running the sites that spawn in there. I pay for 4 accounts at the moment with just a few hours of running a month. The rest just goes to getting ships blown up.