Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR PvP combat team just killed the game with patch 2.5.

2»

Comments

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

it would have worked , if they had made it better, than wow

but, they couldnt

and they only lost around 400k subs

swtor lost way more, than that...on a bigger budget

• MrJurgensMrJurgens Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

You pvp in swtor? There's the problem right there.

Swtor was never a good pvp game.

I've pvped for the first 3 mths from launch, got all the top tier pvp gears at the time, realise it is quite boring and unbalanced (plus they messed up Ilum and only got WZs), and quit.

Play swtor for pvp will never be fun for long.

I was suckered into pvp in swtor because of sci-fi and lightsabers, but realise later the mistake of my choice. Swtor is not a pvp game.

This.

I PvP'd in SWTOR since launch and cancelled my sub when they announced they'd be removing Ranked WZs. I've been unsubscribed since 3 weeks ago and haven't logged in since. It was the BEST decision I ever made. I was addicted to SWTOR though, but only because I had been leading a PvP guild for RWZs and had a few close friends. Sadly I realized that time and time again that EAware will just keep taking away from the PvP'ers. The PvP player-base in SWTOR will almost always be shafted, and it'll keep on dying until EAware can just milk whatever is left from the player-base.

My hope for this game waned immensely after the announcement of F2P, but now I have no hope left whatsoever for this overly hyped game when they took out RWZs. It's a ship that's sinking like it did at launch, and it will continue to do so because it deserves to sink due to an incompetent dev team controlled by greedy producers.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by MrJurgens

I've pvped for the first 3 mths from launch, got all the top tier pvp gears at the time, realise it is quite boring and unbalanced (plus they messed up Ilum and only got WZs), and quit.

I was suckered into pvp in swtor because of sci-fi and lightsabers, but realise later the mistake of my choice. Swtor is not a pvp game.

This.

I PvP'd in SWTOR since launch and cancelled my sub when they announced they'd be removing Ranked WZs. I've been unsubscribed since 3 weeks ago and haven't logged in since. It was the BEST decision I ever made. I was addicted to SWTOR though, but only because I had been leading a PvP guild for RWZs and had a few close friends. Sadly I realized that time and time again that EAware will just keep taking away from the PvP'ers. The PvP player-base in SWTOR will almost always be shafted, and it'll keep on dying until EAware can just milk whatever is left from the player-base.

My hope for this game waned immensely after the announcement of F2P, but now I have no hope left whatsoever for this overly hyped game when they took out RWZs. It's a ship that's sinking like it did at launch, and it will continue to do so because it deserves to sink due to an incompetent dev team controlled by greedy producers.

I thought you left at the start of August ? Funny forum avatar , but it's a bit of a non event , it didn't sink it managed to stay afloat , maybe only just and maybe it did limp back to port , but she is still sea worthy. That was after a few months of patching her up :).

I'm sure there will be a PVP centric MMO soon or even now that meet your desires. You not tempted by GS though ? Still you can try that as a preferred player mid Jan 2014 i guess.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

This.

8vs8 ranked wz was a fail from any point of view, played for like the 0,5% of the SWTOR population. Arenas by the other side, are the best thing that BW did for the PvP since launch, is a fast action warzone with no place for mistakes, is all about skills and no gear. We have class balance problems, like pretty much all the MMOs out there, but a good team and players know how to deal with that, and still SWTOR is probably one of the most balanced MMOs talking about PvP.  

• RabidMouthRabidMouth Member Posts: 196
    I'd like someone to show me an MMO that doesn't suffer from class imbalance. I can't really think of one right now...

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

• MrJurgensMrJurgens Member Posts: 47

Originally posted by BadOrb

This.

I thought you left at the start of August ? Funny forum avatar , but it's a bit of a non event , it didn't sink it managed to stay afloat , maybe only just and maybe it did limp back to port , but she is still sea worthy. That was after a few months of patching her up :).

I'm sure there will be a PVP centric MMO soon or even now that meet your desires. You not tempted by GS though ? Still you can try that as a preferred player mid Jan 2014 i guess.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I was still playing with subscription time left. I said a few months back on the forums that I had been unsubbed since May, resubbed in between but immediately cancelled after the unfortunate fate of Ranked WZs. I love the pun intended in your statements, but I believe the game failed for me and for the 75%+ of the player-base that unsubscribed. Sure, some of those 75%+ players who left after launch may have came back, but they're probably just playing for free just to experience the class stories—the ONLY thing that separates this MMO from all the others. Those players who unsubscribed at the very least think this game isn't worth of a sub, and I'm with them. I'm also with those who quit, and that's because F2P is and never will be worth it to me.

Personally I wasn't a big fan of the class stories. One time yes, but PvE can only get so boring so I only had like 2 or 3 of them fully completed. The rest of the classes I had where at different points and I just stopped there. PvE to me has no meaning because unlike PvP it's static. Cinematics didn't change it for me either. It was just some eye-candy in between to convince the player that they were doing something meaningful (IMO, PvE is almost NEVER meaningful because it's static) when all the while they were just completing fetch quests. It's more rehashed content all of SWTOR's predecessors have done.

The reason why I'm not tempted by the GS is because I've already heard from sources that competitive PvP'ers are very displeased with it. That may not mean I will be, but I will also look like a hypocrite if I resubscribed. It doesn't matter. EAware has **** on me and my style of play long enough that I deem it a game that I'll probably keep away from indefinitely. I don't trust SWTOR being in the hands of 2 shady companies.

I will also not visit as a F2P player. I've made it clear before that I do NOT and will NOT support such a garbage model. I either sub and play, or don't and quit. That's how the MMO industry has been for many years, and I refuse to adapt to this new model that just milks the player-base.

Originally posted by hikaru77

This.

8vs8 ranked wz was a fail from any point of view, played for like the 0,5% of the SWTOR population. Arenas by the other side, are the best thing that BW did for the PvP since launch, is a fast action warzone with no place for mistakes, is all about skills and no gear. We have class balance problems, like pretty much all the MMOs out there, but a good team and players know how to deal with that, and still SWTOR is probably one of the most balanced MMOs talking about PvP.  

LOL at RWZs being a fail. Not only is that your opinion, but it's a flawed one too. If RWZs is a fail from any point of view, than so is NiM content. NiM content should have been removed just like RWZs were. Only like the top 1% of PvE'ers on SWTOR actually run that sort of content.

Arenas are the WORST thing that happened to SWTOR, and that's because the competitive and elite PvP'ers got something that replaced a PvP system that was bigger, more dynamic and required higher critical thinking and reasoning.

Your whole point is just flawed, really. SWTOR may be known as one of the most balanced MMO at this point in time, but its "combat team" is completely incompetent when it comes to class balance. Heavy tweaks EVERY 6 months is a huge mistake. Most teams for Arenas run Smash monkeys and Scouperative healers, both of which are THE most OP class specs in all of SWTOR. Don't even try to refute that because two of my mains were those classes and playing them I felt almost unstoppable.

You must be more of a casual PvP'er because you don't know what the heck you're talking about. IMO, you are the minority because many players who mainly PvP are dissatisfied with how PvP has been handled lately. It's been mismanaged by like what, 1 or 2 guys in that department while the "combat team" suffers to actually balance correctly because the devs can't play their own game. It's just sad, man.

Originally posted by CowboyHat
    I'd like someone to show me an MMO that doesn't suffer from class imbalance. I can't really think of one right now...

i know two...chess, and badminton

youre welcome

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I allways wonder why they even push PvP in games that excel in PvE...  there is much better games for PvP, but there is only one world where i can live and breath the star wars legacy..

Smart developers know when to stick to PVE, but however its much easier to keep PvP people happy with much less money invested... expanding PvE in this game costs a lot and lot of money

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

Oh man do I love a good PvP rage thread!!    This stuff is the dope!!

Love hearing all the F2P hate, the horrible imbalances,  the sheer utter greed!!

Cmon devs, they seem like nice friendly and very loyal players, why not not just make them the game they are all craving.......

Star Wars FFA:  The Clusterforce!!  image

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• didjeramadidjerama Member Posts: 201

Originally posted by BadOrb

This.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I was still playing with subscription time left. I said a few months back on the forums that I had been unsubbed since May, resubbed in between but immediately cancelled after the unfortunate fate of Ranked WZs. I love the pun intended in your statements, but I believe the game failed for me and for the 75%+ of the player-base that unsubscribed. Sure, some of those 75%+ players who left after launch may have came back, but they're probably just playing for free just to experience the class stories—the ONLY thing that separates this MMO from all the others. Those players who unsubscribed at the very least think this game isn't worth of a sub, and I'm with them. I'm also with those who quit, and that's because F2P is and never will be worth it to me.

Personally I wasn't a big fan of the class stories. One time yes, but PvE can only get so boring so I only had like 2 or 3 of them fully completed. The rest of the classes I had where at different points and I just stopped there. PvE to me has no meaning because unlike PvP it's static. Cinematics didn't change it for me either. It was just some eye-candy in between to convince the player that they were doing something meaningful (IMO, PvE is almost NEVER meaningful because it's static) when all the while they were just completing fetch quests. It's more rehashed content all of SWTOR's predecessors have done.

The reason why I'm not tempted by the GS is because I've already heard from sources that competitive PvP'ers are very displeased with it. That may not mean I will be, but I will also look like a hypocrite if I resubscribed. It doesn't matter. EAware has **** on me and my style of play long enough that I deem it a game that I'll probably keep away from indefinitely. I don't trust SWTOR being in the hands of 2 shady companies.

I will also not visit as a F2P player. I've made it clear before that I do NOT and will NOT support such a garbage model. I either sub and play, or don't and quit. That's how the MMO industry has been for many years, and I refuse to adapt to this new model that just milks the player-base.

Originally posted by hikaru77

This.

LOL at RWZs being a fail. Not only is that your opinion, but it's a flawed one too. If RWZs is a fail from any point of view, than so is NiM content. NiM content should have been removed just like RWZs were. Only like the top 1% of PvE'ers on SWTOR actually run that sort of content.

Arenas are the WORST thing that happened to SWTOR, and that's because the competitive and elite PvP'ers got something that replaced a PvP system that was bigger, more dynamic and required higher critical thinking and reasoning.

Your whole point is just flawed, really. SWTOR may be known as one of the most balanced MMO at this point in time, but its "combat team" is completely incompetent when it comes to class balance. Heavy tweaks EVERY 6 months is a huge mistake. Most teams for Arenas run Smash monkeys and Scouperative healers, both of which are THE most OP class specs in all of SWTOR. Don't even try to refute that because two of my mains were those classes and playing them I felt almost unstoppable.

You must be more of a casual PvP'er because you don't know what the heck you're talking about. IMO, you are the minority because many players who mainly PvP are dissatisfied with how PvP has been handled lately. It's been mismanaged by like what, 1 or 2 guys in that department while the "combat team" suffers to actually balance correctly because the devs can't play their own game. It's just sad, man.

They balance PvP around him unfortunately, and he is the majority unfortunately.

That kind of player need smash-monkey (3 button wonder) and operative heals and still dont do anything special with them.

Kinda begs the question "how much OP class should be because of how bad most of players are", even i with my gimped undergeared classes wipe then with no sweat, its sad how many people just suck (yes i have smash monkey AND scoundrel and dont play them in PvP at all, it feels like cheating)

You finally figured it out, we figured it in January 2012 when they said "being killed by operative is not fun" and start buffing already good smash spec and nerfing operative to a point it really cant kill anyone. Ironically SWTOR was best balanced at launch (needed bugs fixed and certain tweaks) and been getting progressively worse since then.

SWTOR is PvE game with PvP as sideattraction for PvEers, i think they fully ditched PvPers the day they ditched Ilum and said "we really arent able to support PvP lets just ditch whole idea"

Arenas? Who asked for arenas? And now they force arenas to standard WZ queues, probably to justify they have numbers, solo arena queues are pretty much dead, and i see many many more arena premades back to regular WZs.

• GungaDinGungaDin Member UncommonPosts: 514
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

When I left over a year ago (in August 2012), sins were overpowered because they could effectively combine tanking with huge damage output.

But hey, I think the nerf / buff cycle rolls on. It's just that some classes in TOR seem to be neglected for a long time.

Biggest question from me for the game is: did they do anything about the ridiculous stunlocking rotations in PvP? One stunbreak and a faulty resolve system didn't help one bit.

No, its still unplayable.  Plus the healers take hours to kill.  

• WildscrapperWildscrapper Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by GungaDin
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

When I left over a year ago (in August 2012), sins were overpowered because they could effectively combine tanking with huge damage output.

But hey, I think the nerf / buff cycle rolls on. It's just that some classes in TOR seem to be neglected for a long time.

Biggest question from me for the game is: did they do anything about the ridiculous stunlocking rotations in PvP? One stunbreak and a faulty resolve system didn't help one bit.

No, its still unplayable.  Plus the healers take hours to kill.  

Yeah the scoundrels/operative healers are a pain to kill,of course sage/commando heals

is garbage in Arenas and are not wanted by anyone playing competetive sadly.

Anyways thats for the replies people if you agree with me or not.

But the mayor point is that it is scary that the devs on the combat team clearly

have no idee whats going on ingame,dont play their own game and  ignore most feedback.

Not to mention the super fact that the game need cross server badly like right now.

We will see soon, SWTOR could have been a great PvP game but the devs have done nothing but

destroy PvP since day one, i know i played the game since gametesting 4 months pre headstart.

Everyone i talk to is by default a moron so the only valid opinion is mine.joking

• WildscrapperWildscrapper Member Posts: 15

Looks like they maybe want to fix the issues most of us are angry about, lets see how it goes.

They made these posts last night wanting more feedback.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6895057#edit6895057

Everyone i talk to is by default a moron so the only valid opinion is mine.joking

• Masonic1Masonic1 Member Posts: 41

it won't go anywhere.

the devs have stated that sage and ops are the classes they play thus they will get buffed to the moon as they let other classes rot.

• Acebets70Acebets70 Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Can my BOUNTY hunter  hunt people yet? NO?  /closes door
    Originally posted by Acebets70
    Can my BOUNTY hunter  hunt people yet? NO?  /closes door

didnt they make an event for that?

but other than that, it doesnt belong in casual themepark mmos

SWG is the game for you