Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If only end game was better

GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

Been playing this for a while .   got 2 level 50s  a war and pld .

The problem is once you get 50 you farm darklight armor , then you get relic  which took forever .

Then you farm mytho tomestones but you can only get 300 a week ,  I need to get 2 sets of armor for my character so that will take forever .

So end game is Running AK 8 times .

Find a company that is doing coil , but because there is lock out on coil you need to have same group doing it .

which means you need to all be online at same time .  ( this is just the same as most MMO's )

But I can't be online at the same time everyday so end game for me is getting killing titan . Thus that's it for me done .

Comments

• Swammy22Swammy22 Member UncommonPosts: 64
    answer: you play too much...
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

So what your saying is "its the same as every other MMo at end game when its first launched" basically?  

If so my question would be... if you know thats how its like, why did you expect more? I mean... I really have no clue what to say to you when you seem to understand this is how end game is for MMos. Sure, you neglected elements like crafting or the silly little events, but I'll asume your the type to ignore those things and focus on the 'combat' which is fine, but at the same time... thats what its all about all the time in other games... which makes your post seem a bit silly.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by Purutzil

So what your saying is "its the same as every other MMo at end game when its first launched" basically?  

If so my question would be... if you know thats how its like, why did you expect more? I mean... I really have no clue what to say to you when you seem to understand this is how end game is for MMos. Sure, you neglected elements like crafting or the silly little events, but I'll asume your the type to ignore those things and focus on the 'combat' which is fine, but at the same time... thats what its all about all the time in other games... which makes your post seem a bit silly.

Yes but it doesn't have to be this way , there are many MMO's that don't follow this scheme that have lasted years .

FF end game funnels players into the coil .  There is nothing but coil . 

• Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by Grailer

Yes but it doesn't have to be this way , there are many MMO's that don't follow this scheme that have lasted years .

And soon, PvP... & housing...

Originally posted by Aldous.Huxley

PvP will probably be exactly like WOW , been there done that .

but Id rather go play mine craft than play with housing unfortunately .

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

this is for the OP:

htey dont get it, that simple, dont try to explain, it wont work.'

i also got 2 lvl 50s, ppl say get a job, ..lol? it takes like 3 days of fate farming to get 2nd class, and even less for the rest, its all a grind the same dungeon as it is now, i like the game, alot, but i hope it becomes more "open world" ish,  everything at endgame is just the same 2 dungeons, which is sad.

There is suppose to be a 3 faction PvP system in at some point but I'm sure the initial PvP will resemble other games as well. 

Yea, I'd rather go play with legos than play mine craft.

• rafalex007rafalex007 Member Posts: 244
    would you please for the love of god relaize that the game have just lunched please please, stop thinking that you will get content that is enough for 10 years and find something else to play please
    Originally posted by rafalex007
    would you please for the love of god relaize that the game have just lunched please please, stop thinking that you will get content that is enough for 10 years and find something else to play please

Yep that's what I intend to do .  Just launched ,  quiting already after 2 months .  Sheesh even RIFT lasted 6 months . These MMO's are getting really cheap on content these days .

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

Have you completed every achievement?

Have you maxxed out all crafting?

Roll an entirely new toon and play them as healer, the best tanks always also play a healer.

Roll a third toon (so you can redo quests) and play a dps toon.

There is too much focus on destination, not enough on the journey. 

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878

So basically you rush through the game, grinding out levels as quickly as possible and ignoring a lot of the content (I'm semi-employed and still don't quite have a 50, but then I stopped and smelled the roses on the way), and then you complain that there is nothing left to grind..??

I know it's all up to play style preference (not everyone likes questing, crafting, dungeons, being social), but there is seriously a hell of a lot more to do in FFXIV:ARR than FATE grind > DL gear + relic > Coil.

Originally posted by acidblood

So basically you rush through the game, grinding out levels as quickly as possible and ignoring a lot of the content (I'm semi-employed and still don't quite have a 50, but then I stopped and smelled the roses on the way), and then you complain that there is nothing left to grind..??

I know it's all up to play style preference (not everyone likes questing, crafting, dungeons, being social), but there is seriously a hell of a lot more to do in FFXIV:ARR than FATE grind > DL gear + relic > Coil.

My first character was a healer , I got to lvl 33 and found that the wait times on dungeons was a bit long .

Started making Warrior  , got to 50 basically spaming dungeons instead of FATES . Did all the side quests on warrior not saving them for any other character .

Got bored running CM over and over and wanted to try paladin , then did FATES from 10 to 15 then did dungeons as tank from 15 to 50 . couldn't do side quests on paladin so I ran dungeons only .

Then with paladin did DL gear ( which warrior can wear )  got relic .

Only character I haven't played is DPS  unles you count level 1-15 as actually playing in which I did lancer / arc and archer  ,

maybe I will lvl archer to 50  but I will have to FATE grind for the first time because dungeons que for DPS would be crazy long im guessing .

But yeah if I FATE spammed I would have 5 level 50s by now lol.

Did I mention I also did mining up to level 25 but it was realllly boring so stopped . Also armor crafting but stopped that too when I got full darklight , just didn't see the point tbh .

YEah so I guess not sure what you mean by RUSHED through the content farming FATES , I done almost everything this game has to offer in less than 2 months .

• CallinCallin Member Posts: 99
    Yea my Buddie sent me a pic today of his final 50. All combat classes at 50. Both Magic and Martial. And I have not logged in over a month because of the same grind bull and DPS que times (my fault I know). Wish it was a bit better. Not by much but a bit better would be great. 

Another lame thing is those capped tomestones 300 a week  means it takes forever to gear more than 1 job.

Easier to roll an entirely new character from scratch .. which I cant on same server unless I pay more money per month .

Yep cant wait for a new MMO , not sure what game to play next month .  Probably FF14 as dps because there is no other MMO to play :(

• well, I saw you leveled 2 tank jobs....I don't know why.
  • Lol, i love everyone's #1 gripe about this game. 

"I CAN ONLY FARM 300 PER WEEK!?!?" "THATS GOING TO TAKE FOREVER TO GEAR MY CLASSES"

but then, they complain "jeez, I have to run AK 8 times per week. so boring."

It's a MMORPG it's supposed to take a long time to completely gear a class.

If you're lucky, you can get into a good static coil party and get allagan drops and have a mix of ilvl90 gear with mythology gear.

Originally posted by jonesing22

Lol, i love everyone's #1 gripe about this game. 

"I CAN ONLY FARM 300 PER WEEK!?!?" "THATS GOING TO TAKE FOREVER TO GEAR MY CLASSES"

but then, they complain "jeez, I have to run AK 8 times per week. so boring."

It's a MMORPG it's supposed to take a long time to completely gear a class.

If you're lucky, you can get into a good static coil party and get allagan drops and have a mix of ilvl90 gear with mythology gear.

Well if you make 2 characters you can farm 300 each which is 600 a week .

But if you use 1 character with multiple jobs still can only farm 300 a week . 

Clearly it is smarter to have more than 1 character .  Which you have to pay more money if you want on same server.

Also someone asked why I rolled WAR and PLD .  Because PLD is far superior to warrior . Don't believe me ? When I join a primal ( apart from Ifrit but that's because warrior stun sucks )  Who do you think is main tank ? The war or the pld /// trust me im always the main tank when im on PLD . 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by marcust

Have you completed every achievement?

Have you maxxed out all crafting?

Roll an entirely new toon and play them as healer, the best tanks always also play a healer.

Roll a third toon (so you can redo quests) and play a dps toon.

There is too much focus on destination, not enough on the journey. 

I think the point that many who say such things miss is that the problem is, there is no real destination to reach in many of these games today. Not to mention that even for a casual player the journey isn't quite long enough to hold them over until there is such a thing to reach. Hence the fall from grace for many a title.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I think FFXIV has multiple legit endgames and they are adding more next patch. I can understand if there is not enough of one type or it is boring. Its why there are so many mmos out there. Something for everyone definitely.

Meh, this thread is so 3 hrs ago.

Let's not be afraid to move on, mmmkay?

Originally posted by Foomerang

I think FFXIV has multiple legit endgames and they are adding more next patch. I can understand if there is not enough of one type or it is boring. Its why there are so many mmos out there. Something for everyone definitely.

actually it only has 1 . The Coil .

• XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451

The fact that coil is the only thing droping BIS is the issue with XIV's endgame atm. And the next patch is not changing that so the underlying problem is still there.

Game is just too linear, 1.0 wasn't even this linear , the BIS for every class should not come from 1 event.

The other issue is Token gear being the best drop. It is causing people to just spam the best seal/hr dungeon. If the dungeon gear and darklite drops switched places people would be doing other things way more often. Token gear should be good but worse then the actual drops from the dungeons.

So main issues with XIV's endgame:

1) Ultra Linear

2) Token Gear is better then actual drops (Equal to Allegan)

Originally posted by Xatsh

The fact that coil is the only thing droping BIS is the issue with XIV's endgame atm. And the next patch is not changing that so the underlying problem is still there.

Game is just too linear, 1.0 wasn't even this linear , the BIS for every class should not come from 1 event.

The other issue is Token gear being the best drop. It is causing people to just spam the best seal/hr dungeon. If the dungeon gear and darklite drops switched places people would be doing other things way more often. Token gear should be good but worse then the actual drops from the dungeons.

So main issues with XIV's endgame:

1) Ultra Linear

2) Token Gear is better then actual drops (Equal to Allegan)

Yeah pretty much . Actually I guess when you look at RIFT end game when it first came out its not so bad .

RIFT had  10 dungeons .  5 T1  and 5 T2   ( so basically 5 dungeons you would spam )

2 raids .

FFXIV has  5 Primals  ( chimera  , hydra , ifrit , gurada , titan  )

2     8 man story dungeons   

2    4 man dungeons   WP / AK     ( AK being the one people speed run 8x a week  )

1    end game raid  

WOW also had only 1 end game raid when first released . 

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Foomerang I think FFXIV has multiple legit endgames and they are adding more next patch. I can understand if there is not enough of one type or it is boring. Its why there are so many mmos out there. Something for everyone definitely.

For half the classes, bis is crafted. Coil is irrelevant if you are a dedicated crafter or gatherer. So for all DoL and DoH classes, endgame is not coil.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

The OP isn't wrong - the "end game" just isn't designed for players like him.

If your thing is focusing on one niche (tanking, in the case of the OP), your gonna hit the end of the road soon - just like the OP did. The game is designed to be horizontal - your supposed to branch out, play other classes, do crafting and gathering, etc.

The game is designed that way. (I think FATE experience kinda dilutes it, but that's my opinion, and doesn't change the underlying philosophy of the game).

It's not that the player is right or wrong, or that the game design is right or wrong, they both just are what they are. You like it or you don't.