Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats the best game ever?

Comments

• BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430

As much as I love the mmo worlds out there I am gonna go for the football manager series. This game I have spent so much time on that nothing comes even close and I don't really care that much for football in real life :)

Second place I put counter strike after that it's an open road.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Is it strange to not have one favorite game?

I do however only have one favorite MMORPG and that''s still Star Wars Galaxies.

But when it comes to singleplayer games or physical games there are too many I have enjoyed and still enjoy.

I have a great memory of playing pong with my parents. My parent even got addicted to Atari Tennis in the weekend I even slept in the their bedroom because they went at it all night..

Played pacman/donkeykong till (almost) death. Loved streetfighter, Kung-fu and later Tekken.

Have a hard time recalling all the tekst rpg's I have played to be honost I played allot but none have sticked in name really.

A long time fan of elder scrolls and neverwinter.

Loved FPS games, Medal of Honor use to be my favorite, we even made 1st several times on clan-base.

Love the Unreal Tournament, Quake, Max Payne, Grand Theft Auto, The Wither, Myst, Mass Effect, Red Faction, Bioshock, Farcry, Crysis, Fear series

As for physical games I still play chess, poker, monopoly. The first 2 are more serious, but in the 3rd I do have the most fun mainly because of the more amount of people playing together.

There are also allot of boardgames I play but they might be very unknow for the rest to mention.

So as said maybe it's strange but I can not really pick "The Best" game ever from all the games I have played and still am playing.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Playing with myself, started as a teen and still come back to it all the time.  :)
  • fayknaymfayknaym Member Posts: 125
    The best game ever is sticks in the dirt.
  • ezduzitezduzit Member Posts: 112
    King's Quest 1-7. 
  • ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by Lobotomist
    Originally posted by Skooma2 Skyrim.  Was there really any other choice?  Had Skyrim not existed, I would have gone with Baldur's Gate II.
    I actually agree .

Skyrim is probably best example of a perfect game.

Im huge fan of skyrim and over 1000 hours gameplay time becouse of constant changing game with different mods i install.

O more making characters then playing these days trying to out do others on making superealistic character with all the mods these days you can sit for hours tweaking and tweaking hehe.

But i can hardly its best its very buggy and alot faults in that game.

Morrowind is still way ahaead of skyrim.

But my best game hmm.. very difficult to say i got fond memorys from zelda OoT on N64 or Golden eye N64, PSO on Dreamcast SoF 2 Age of empires 2 old days not on steam now.

Dungeom siege 1-Asheron's call 2 Bioshock 1 and many others from past and future.

Dishonered-Dragon age Origin-Darkfall-Titan Quest.

Morrowind prolly end up number 1 for me.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• goldtoofgoldtoof Member Posts: 337
    Games that were game changers I guess

E.g.
    Elite
    Super Mario bros
    Doom
    Populous
  • darrenjc1darrenjc1 Member Posts: 1

As far as MMO's I'd have to say DAoC.

Single player I'd go for Realms of the Haunting, a very old game but brilliant for the twist in the story!

Elite was the original classic especially on the BBC Micro

Modern day I'd have to say Fallout series or Skyrim

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by Myria

Global Thermonuclear War.

Shall...

We...

Play...

A...

Game?

Yeah....but the only winning move is not to play.

• cydoneqcydoneq Member UncommonPosts: 66
    sacred 1 for being able to do a decent remake to diablo

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    CHESS... Playing that game for over 35 year and still getting better..  tough i am far from a pro, its still fun after all those years.(find me on the IOS SocialChess app under the name of Lordbachus)And D&D up to edition 3.5 if you want to play with more then 2 people...  (sadly my friends grew up and we are to few to play these days, does anyone know an online community where PnP D&D actually is played?)I cant choose a single best computer game, as my perfect game is still not made... Well aside from MMo´s it must have been Daggerfall back in those days, but then i see MMO´s of an evolution of Daggerfall.So what are your favourite games?
    My trouble with chess is when you make a move and your opponent has a name for it. My focus then changes from winning to trying to do unexpected moves. (I suck at chess :) )

Cardgame-wise, Pinochle. I like trying to predict how strong you and your partners hand is.

Boardgame-wise, I would say Acquire. It is a fun game where you build hotels, buy stocks, and try to make the right mergers for maximum profit.

PC game-wise, I find myself often going back to Master of Magic. Nearly 20 years later and I still find fun playing that 4X (explore, expand, exploit, and exterminate) turn based game.

Console-wise, I like my Madden, though I have yet to play the one that is my version of perfection. I love the Franchise mode and playing front office and coach.

MMO-wise, I am still waiting :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Best Console Game : The Legend of Zelda

Best PC Game: Neverwinter Nights on AOL

Best Game Series: Warcraft

Best Tabletop Game:  Warhammer

Best Board Game: Stratego

Best Old School Game: Castlevania

• cheguucheguu Member Posts: 1
    Half-Life.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

Solo: Dwarf Fortress.

Multi: Eve Online.

Everything else pales in comparison.

..Cake..

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Well this thread clearly shows one thing, we could never come to a consensus on a best game.
  • sharp20004sharp20004 Member Posts: 5
    WoT. No doubt. 
  • hou_96hou_96 Member Posts: 4
    For me I guess it would have to be Minesweeper
  • futurealienmanfuturealienman Member Posts: 10
    I mean.. I thoroughly enjoy KOTOR 2. It is so so so fun. Especially if you install the restoration mod or whatever. It might be my favorite game ever
  • BlommasBlommas Member Posts: 10
    Don't know really. Maybe Halo 3. I loved the game, and played it when I was 10. It never gets boring, and it's just so good in so many ways.
  • TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286
    id have to say UO was the best mmo  at the time it had millions and millions for  a years and years and was a incredible community blues and the reds  no mmo has had a community like UO 
  • meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Best game ever: Baldur's Gate II
  • BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

Spin the bottle!

Followed by Shining Force on Sega.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181
    I would have to say old school Lineage II C2-C4. 
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

I liked carmaggedon...except LAN parties w/Win95 tended to be crashfests.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• tommygunzIItommygunzII Member Posts: 321

FFXI. I haven't played a game for so long in my life.

It was SOCOM II, I was the leader of one of the biggest, most desired clans in SOCOM (DoD) only to stumble across FFXI when I bought the PS2 HDD for the new SOCOM II maps.

I came back to SOCOM a couple more times mostly to hand off leadership and warn my mates that I may not be coming back. I loved SOCOM and was treated like royalty but there was something about FFXI that called to me like a siren, and to this day it is my favorite game overall.