Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's wrong with PvP?

ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329
I'm interested in playing Rift. Usually I like playing PvP servers, but I notice there's only 1 PvP server and it's the least populated server too. Is Rift's PvP bad?

Comments

• fanglofanglo Member UncommonPosts: 314

The PvP server is bad because you have to PvE to get the best armor in the game. Thus, even if you are the best pvp'er in the world you actually fall behind in the gear grind by actually engaging in world pvp.

The problem is further compounded when you try and do Warfronts or Conquest where you play against PvE servers. The people playing on PvE servers are noobs but they easily will outgear anyone on a pvp server. 

The PvP is fun but you have to do a lot of PvE crap to stay competative and you can't play on a pvp server to get that done.

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by fanglo

The PvP server is bad because you have to PvE to get the best armor in the game. Thus, even if you are the best pvp'er in the world you actually fall behind in the gear grind by actually engaging in world pvp.

The problem is further compounded when you try and do Warfronts or Conquest where you play against PvE servers. The people playing on PvE servers are noobs but they easily will outgear anyone on a pvp server. 

The PvP is fun but you have to do a lot of PvE crap to stay competative and you can't play on a pvp server to get that done.

Its à design choice clearly stating iTS à PvE game with PvP added for amusement...  This can not be the reason for PvP Being bad.  Als a PvE player i want my shiny armor of godmode to be godmode in PvP too.  Thats THE goal of this game and that they archieve that quite well

i think PvP players should finale realise that PvE games with tagged on PvP for THE amusement of PvE plagers is à verry viable design choice, but just not everyones cup of thee.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• goldtoofgoldtoof Member Posts: 337
    Probably because pvpers are playing pvp orientated mmos (or playing wow under the false assumption its pvp orientated)
  • CalmmoCalmmo Member Posts: 52

Boy if you played on eu servers at launch, i was on the pvp cluster and if you were I destroyed your sorry *** since thats what I did to everyone bar 4-5 elite top players.

Also stop spreading bull you dip****, instanced PVP FORCES EVERY NON PVP ITEM ON YOU TO BE REPLACED INDIVIDUALLY BY THE PVP SET, therefore your claims about Pve gear being superior is mute. Maybe the endgame PVE relic weapons during the first 6+something months of the games life, yes, but that was pretty much it, pvp since then, if anything has given advantage to PVP players since the PVP farm trinket was BiS up until very very recently for pve. Also Conquest is forced on pve, if you dont have the endurance gain from it you wont be able to clear this current tier before it gets nerfed to the ground. Additionally about your pve server being bad claims, all the current top players on the high end PVE guilds came from.. almost exclusively pvp shards. Either the guilds them selves or their core playerbase through various mergers. People play on PVE shards because you need to be there to recruit cross faction, aka why you wont even meet proper T2 relic weapon players on the pvp shards to deal with in open world. also try pvping with the the T2 pve set.. oh wait you dont have the skill to be in one of the very few guilds that can do that, like I do. Small tip, no amount of core stats will keep me or anyone from getting one shot in pve gear since it doesnt have any damage reduction. Good luck surviving a DF+ Massive Blow crit that does 30k+ 3 - 8k ticks brah (5k is the dmg you can deal with it on a r90). Simple facts.

PVP isnt good, but that has nothing to do with your points which all they did is show your ignorance. Bro, do you even Rift?

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by Calmmo

Boy if you played on eu servers at launch, i was on the pvp cluster and if you were I destroyed your sorry *** since thats what I did to everyone bar 4-5 elite top players.

Also stop spreading bull you dip****, instanced PVP FORCES EVERY NON PVP ITEM ON YOU TO BE REPLACED INDIVIDUALLY BY THE PVP SET, therefore your claims about Pve gear being superior is mute. Maybe the endgame PVE relic weapons during the first 6+something months of the games life, yes, but that was pretty much it, pvp since then, if anything has given advantage to PVP players since the PVP farm trinket was BiS up until very very recently for pve. Also Conquest is forced on pve, if you dont have the endurance gain from it you wont be able to clear this current tier before it gets nerfed to the ground. Additionally about your pve server being bad claims, all the current top players on the high end PVE guilds came from.. almost exclusively pvp shards. Either the guilds them selves or their core playerbase through various mergers. People play on PVE shards because you need to be there to recruit cross faction, aka why you wont even meet proper T2 relic weapon players on the pvp shards to deal with in open world. also try pvping with the the T2 pve set.. oh wait you dont have the skill to be in one of the very few guilds that can do that, like I do. Small tip, no amount of core stats will keep me or anyone from getting one shot in pve gear since it doesnt have any damage reduction. Good luck surviving a DF+ Massive Blow crit that does 30k+ 3 - 8k ticks brah (5k is the dmg you can deal with it on a r90). Simple facts.

PVP isnt good, but that has nothing to do with your points which all they did is show your ignorance. Bro, do you even Rift?

I just wanted to add. I play Rift for the pvp on a pvp server. I will smoke any pve based character. Quit lying about pve gear is better, In pve yes, In pvp no way! My pvp upgraded gear set lets me annihilate any pve player with very little effort. PVE gear for pvp..lol....Ridiculous!

• tristanryantristanryan Member Posts: 233

Whats wrong with PvP in Rift?

Well i havent played for a bit but id say the same damn thing thats been wrong with Rift PvP since day 1.

macro'd pvp.

Its not that its hard to google the correct macro. Its that you pvp by google'ing a macro.

Have a nice day.

• sinichi6825sinichi6825 Member Posts: 10
    It's becouse the lack of pvp content , open world pvp is also broken since the pve gear are completely separated from pvp gear
  • EsuarfeeeeEsuarfeeee Member UncommonPosts: 91

if you'll be playing rift just for pvp, 

you're going to have a bad time