Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats the best game ever?

Comments

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081

Board game: Monopoly

Arcade: Pac-Man "liberated" many a quarter from my mom's purse for this one lol

Video Game: Zelda: A link to the past   Been playing video games since pong, but this is one that always stands out in my mind.

These are just some of my favorites. There are honestly to many for me to mention.

No signature, I don't have a pen

• danmax67danmax67 Member UncommonPosts: 37

Boardgame:

Rise and Decline of the Third Reich

Iconic strategy game. Amazingly fun. Historically pretty accurate.  The granddaddy of them all.

Video Game:

GTA IV Vice City
    Amazingly immersive experience. From the story to the music to getting to know your city.

MMO:

Eve Online
    The only mmo I've played that makes me feel like I have a virtual life. As frustrating as loss can be, it really adds to the overall experience by giving you skin in the game.
  • VladamyreVladamyre Member UncommonPosts: 223

PnP DnD a combination of 1st and 2nd editions.

chess

video game wise, Tecmo Superbowl, Goldeneye, any of the THQ wrestling games for the N64, Mario Kart 64,  Resident Evil 1, 2, and 3.

Any of the Legend of Zelda games.

For mmorpg's there can be only one, Dark Age of Camelot.

In a world of sharp knives, you would be a spoon.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

Soccer: It's the world's sport after all.

Other than that, for me it's Empire:Total War.  That's becuase strategic games > then all other genres.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Roguewiz

Best board-game:

Axis and Allies

Caused some of the most epic games between my brother and I (as well as arguments) that we've ever had.

I second that about Axis and Allies. image

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

The game I have played far, far longer than any other is poker. It never seems to get old.

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    The first Deus Ex or Baldur's Gate 2, can't decide. Both are on my HD's since their release. 
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Quake 2 or Money Island 2.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030

I"m not sure if its the best but Morrowind has claimed the most hours of my life.

edit: And I'm back with Morrowind overhaul 3.0.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• tort0429tort0429 Member UncommonPosts: 297

Roleplaying + Sex.  When my wife dresses as Wonder Woman, oh boy, let the game begin.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

So what are your favourite games?

Boulderdash series & ms Pacman, both C64 classics.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I don't think you can call Chess FUN?Challenging and yes still played but most MMORPG's have not the chance to reach the same number of years and will never have that chance ,unless people stop playing chess.

I think we need to keep it in computer gaming,Chess was really a board game.I feel Unreal is the best game ever,it did a lot for the gaming industry and the Unreal engine is still highly regarded among the best.IMO the Unreal engine is the best,not just for the engine but with the possible support if you so choose and the flexibility of it.It is ONLY the cost that keeps more from utilizing it,i am sure 90% would be using it if were cheaper.

The Unreal series was also one of the first games to be on the world cyber gaming tour and competed for large sums of money and sponsors,Quake being the other of course with Counterstrike later joining in.The Unreal series was significant because it opened many doors to users with the free editor tools and to PC hardware as well.it also had an enormous following back before internet gaming got real big,again along with Quake.

Even to this day the program used for Unreal stats to determine the best players was better than anything to this day,not perfect but near perfect not taking into affect pings/latency.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Its a tie between Kingdom Hearts and The Hunger Games... duh.
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Baldur's Gate 1 & 2

Fallout 1 & 2

Magic the Gathering with actual cards, not the computer games.

Dungeons and dragons 1st ed.

Cyberpunk 2020

That's mostly my toplist, can't pick "best ever".

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

My favorite game of all time is the one that exists in my mind.  Unfortunately we do not have the technology to bring it to life.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    For me, HeroQuest that old Milton Bradley D&D-esque  roleplay board game. We had a group of about 7 of us, who all owned the game btw, and we'd get together and play on the weekends with heavily modified rules. We created our own tiles that would cover anything the original game wouldn't cover. As we got older we'd add more spells, more rules for various things, the game was our playground for our imaginations.
  • aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

CHESS... Playing that game for over 35 year and still getting better..  tough i am far from a pro, its still fun after all those years.

(find me on the IOS SocialChess app under the name of Lordbachus)

And D&D up to edition 3.5 if you want to play with more then 2 people...  

(sadly my friends grew up and we are to few to play these days, does anyone know an online community where PnP D&D actually is played?)

I cant choose a single best computer game, as my perfect game is still not made... Well aside from MMo´s it must have been Daggerfall back in those days, but then i see MMO´s of an evolution of Daggerfall.

i don't  know if anyone has mentioned it yet but meetup.com can be a good source of finding a local group of just about anything you're interested in. geography though, does count. so no promises.

also, roll20.net is a pretty neat online browser based tool for holding internet sessions of tabletop games.

as for my favorite? ive rarely been that person who knew what their favorite of anything was...

Oblivion

Vanguard

WolfensteinET

Warcraft 3

Neverwinter Nights PC games

most recently Deus Ex: Human Revloution

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179

Limbo of the Lost

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• zastenzasten Member Posts: 283
    Pong (The mother of all computer games)!!!
  • ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

CHESS... Playing that game for over 35 year and still getting better..  tough i am far from a pro, its still fun after all those years.

(find me on the IOS SocialChess app under the name of Lordbachus)

And D&D up to edition 3.5 if you want to play with more then 2 people...  

(sadly my friends grew up and we are to few to play these days, does anyone know an online community where PnP D&D actually is played?)

I cant choose a single best computer game, as my perfect game is still not made... Well aside from MMo´s it must have been Daggerfall back in those days, but then i see MMO´s of an evolution of Daggerfall.

Ha ha - I saw the title of this thread and immediately thought I'd give the snarky answer of, "Chess" - open the thread and voila!

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    chess will always be one of the best games ever, until someone finds a way to dumb it down.

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

My purely personal answer is Magic: The Gathering. I find it has my perfect blend of strategy, luck, variety, individuality, and replayability. Really, the only downside is the cost.

More objectively, I would have to choose Chess( for 2 players) or Poker for multiple players.

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699

Global Thermonuclear War.

Shall...

We...

Play...

A...

Game?

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

Best game ever ?

Probably the game of thrones: You win or die.

That one will keep you occupied until your death ;)

In Sweden the royalties had this great game they called "Håltuna leken", which they started in 1306 and lead to the death of loads of people including most of the people with royal blood.

Only problem with it is that it is the kind of game you only play once....

But I think OP might be right, Chess is one of the few really ancient games that is still popular. Then again "best" is a very personal word in this sense, you can't really make a tournament where different games compete against eachother in anything beside player numbers or review ratings.

With MMOs it is harder, it is close to impossible to compare games like Meridian 59 and Asherons call to more modern games like Wow and GW2. Wow did earn most money so far but that doesn't make it best unless you are a stockholder for Activision. I think M59 did invent most features that have been recycled but other games have improved those ideas later. And most features are based on D&D but I myself always thought Shadowrun is the best pen and paper game....

• GungaDinGungaDin Member UncommonPosts: 514

Easy..

Myth the Fallen Lords (Bungie) 

Great single player campaign and the best multiplayer i've ever witnessed.