Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

stuck at level 15?

This is going to sound stupid, but i'm stuck a level 15ish.

I have a couple characters stuck at the first dungeon.

As a melee I would rather not wait 45 minutes for dungeon finder to pop. I also get rather bored running around looking for Fates...so I just log off.

There were plenty of quests up to this point, but they kind of dried up.

I was told not to does those Levelquests because I should save them for my 2nd job. So, based upon that information i'm kinda stuck.

I would rather not be forced into a dungeon I need and have to wait an hour for.

So, kinda not playing anymore.

For those who maxed out their level, were you all forced into dungeons to move forward in levels?

(and yes, I've played MMO's for years...maybe i'm just not that inspired to push through this)

Comments

• ScypherothScypheroth Member Posts: 264
    Originally posted by WhiteCross

As a melee I would rather not wait 45 minutes for dungeon finder to pop. I also get rather bored running around looking for Fates...so I just log off.

I was told not to does those Levelquests because I should save them for my 2nd job. So, based upon that information i'm kinda stuck.

I would rather not be forced into a dungeon I need and have to wait an hour for.

For those who maxed out their level, were you all forced into dungeons to move forward in levels?

!?!?!?! for a second three thought u were talking about WoW...

• NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364

The main story line does take place in various dungeons and instances throughout the levelling experience. So for that part of teh game you need to do them. 

The game is gated on almost every front, so if you have not done certain steps of your storyline, some npc's if not the majority wont give you any quests, and you'd be forced to use fates or leves to gain levels, besides mob grinding.

In other words, if you dont like the dungeon wait times, you either pick another class, learn to live with the waittimes, and do fates or exploration while you wait, or you stay stuck at lvl 15.

I did dungeons while levelling as they are really good and well made. But I wasnt forced to do them anymore than I was forced to play the game to begin with. 

• ZalgotasZalgotas Member UncommonPosts: 9
    At lvl 15 you're required to do 3 storyline dungeons before the story continues into single player stuff again.  Those quest are also required to unlock the airship to go to different cities other than doing a death run through higher lvl areas to get there.  Many times during the story line you will be required to run dungeons to progress ( at least once every 10lvls).
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Your side quests will be few if you dont do the main story. I fell behind in my main story as well and ran out of quests. Fun handing in a main story quest and see 5-10 side quest pop up on the map. 
  • TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297

(and yes, I've played MMO's for years...maybe i'm just not that inspired to push through this)

Dungeons of some sort are usually pretty common in MMOrpgs. You'll need to get used to that fact if your wanting to play one. And as a DPS you'll also need to understand that 90% of other people that play MMORPGs are also DPS, thus long queue times.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

A couple of things:

Your leve allowances cap out at 100, and they replenish (like 6 every 12 hours or something), so it's not like you can really waste the allowances. If you havne't touched them in a while, odds are sitting on a lot of allowances, and possibly even close to cap.

The concept of saving them for a second class, when your "stuck" on your first is... not a good idea.

If you don't like sitting in the queue, there are a lot of people who are like you. I know on our server it's easier and faster to get a group if you just shout. My "wait" times go from 30min to about 4-5 min depending on how much leg work I'm willing to do.

And another option is, your already high enough level, go pick up your cross classes and work on those. Gathering can make decent money even at low levels (shards). Crafting you won't get stuck by dungeon quests. The only hindrance there will be you can't unlock the high level leves without a combat class, and you won't have your airship pass or chocobo yet.

Lastly, if you cross class to a high-demand job, I know it's tank on my server, other servers say healer - your queue time for the duty finder is nearly instant. Your main story line doesn't care what class you run it as, so it will complete no matter how you run it.

Yes, you get "forced" into a dungeon every 4-5 levels. 15-16-17 push you into 3 dungeons back to back to back, then you have another at 24/28/32/41/47 with 3 primals in there at 20/34/44 and 50 it's like 5 dungeons, 3 primals, and the 5 coil instances. Grand companies have 3 dungeons that aren't required for story line progression (at 22, 38,44) but you'll need them to unlock grand company ranks.

If you don't like being forced into dungeons, this isn't the game for you (unless you just love crafting). The PvE in this game revolves around the dungeons, and there's no way around them.

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854

I feel ya. On my arc i was in this situation for a few nights, then when one dungeon was done you're straight into another waiting well over 30 minutes and still no commence sometimes i just didn't have that time. Then on my Healer i did all 3 in a night with time to spare. lol

It did feel like a real wall, all i can say it persevere as it does''t happen again to that extent. One tip i wish i knew at the time was you can switch out to craft, play another class, gather. Only thing i didn't like is if you do levequests and you're near done, what do you do when you get commence? Also you can't do any quest with an instance.

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • Darknessguy64Darknessguy64 Member Posts: 233
    Pick up a gathering class like mining and gather/level that class while you are queued for the dungeon as your main class. You'll have time to gather several full stacks of mats in one queue time. So it's not losing any time at all, assuming you intended to level a gathering class anyways. It's a good way to make money and/or get your mats for free to use in other crafting classes. 
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I'm not a fan of how you are forced to go through combat specific content in order to unlock game features that are relevant to non-combat gameplay.

Its a small price to pay if you really like the game though. And in the long run, its a minor speed bump.

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    Originally posted by Darknessguy64
    Pick up a gathering class like mining and gather/level that class while you are queued for the dungeon as your main class. You'll have time to gather several full stacks of mats in one queue time. So it's not losing any time at all, assuming you intended to level a gathering class anyways. It's a good way to make money and/or get your mats for free to use in other crafting classes. 

This. But honestly OP, maybe the game isn't for you. It sounds like it's a chore, a game shouldn't be. Remember, not every game is for everyone

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654

I agree with the poster a few posts above me.  Whilst in the queue work on a gathering or crafter class.  It's also possible to work on another combat class whilst waiting in the queue.  Just need to switch back to the class you want to do the dungeon with before hitting commence.

To get a quick queue my advice would be to roll a healer or tank.  You will be waiting a few minutes at most for it to pop.  The game mechanics in the early dungeons are pretty straight forward.  As long as you use flash and/or overpower as a tank and not spam medica as a healer, tanking or healing are pretty easy.  The good thing with this game, the effort you put in other classes are not wasted due to being able to use skills from one class on other classes.  It comes in quite handy to have protect from CNJ or the a defensive buff etc on for example a melee DPS class.

IMO it is worth sticking with it.  Once you finish the dungeons you get your retainers which enable to sell things on the player market and are also used as a type of bank. Around level 20 (approx) you join a grand company and get your mount which helps.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Gee, the queue times are that bad now? Usually my waiting times are 20-45mins as a DPS irrelevant of the level range, but lately I've done the 3 starter dungeons with a tank/healer friend so I can't compare. The ones afterwards usually take me 20-30mins to get in as a dps.

Your problem is easily solved by leveling a tank or a healer class.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

Premake parties at low levels....

Especially if you play Arcanist.

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Originally posted by muthax
    Originally posted by Darknessguy64

This. But honestly OP, maybe the game isn't for you. It sounds like it's a chore, a game shouldn't be. Remember, not every game is for everyone

I feel the OP, i at the time was thinking "wow i've literally hit a progression wall here and that this was an odd game design"

Again at the time i literally felt like i was stuck until i persevered though this, I'm waiting 45 minutes one night and that's it i have to go got chit to deal with, so i logged out, tried the next night got one done, then boom boom straight into others, rinse repeat. it literally took me a few nights, lol. Also at the time i had nothing i could do on my main quest wise, it was either chase fates or grind mobs.

And again, "at the time" i had no clue that i could switch out to gather, craft, play another class.

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • cc2918cc2918 Member UncommonPosts: 9

at this point.. why are you saving levequest/quest for your 2nd job?

you are losing interest.. might as well use them to level up to see if game become more interesting.. dont you think?

as you quoted.. you played mmos for years...

if you cant get pt, form your own.

que for duty finder, go fate grind while waiting..

you dont 'save' anything especially when you are losing interest -_-.. its now or never.

you enjoy now or you never will.

• IMBanksIMBanks Member UncommonPosts: 75
    One other suggestion is to join an active Free Company. You'll then find more folks for running stuff in pre-made groups.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

I agree 100%. This is one of the things that turned me off the most about this game. I was cruising through the main story enjoying it then WALL if you're dps. Why they chose to force group dungeon runs in order to continue the main story is beyond me and stupid as hell.  

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458
    You don't have to sit there and wait for the dungeon finder.  You can change areas, craft things, do other quests or just do whatever you want while in the dungeon queue.  Seriously, it's not a big deal unless you're incapable of playing for more than 30 minutes at a time.  If that's the case then you have no reason to be playing MMORPG's.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    The issue is that the vast majority of players want to be carried. The number of DPS won't really solve that. It does explain why so many people are playing DPS however.