Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Final Section of Siege of Orgrimmar Raid Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

According to the World of Warcraft patch notes, today marks the release of the final piece of the Siege of Orgrimmar raid, Downfall. The most recent update saw the end of Garrosh Hellscream's leadership of the Horde.

If you haven't already, log into World of Warcraft for some sweet revenge and to participate in the annual Hallow's End celebration.

Observed by both the Horde and the Alliance, Hallow's End is a celebration of the break between the Forsaken and the Scourge. Many tricks and treats await adventurers seeking holiday fun, including defeating the Headless Horseman, visiting inns and cities for fun items such as masks and costumes, and eating way too much candy in one sitting.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by Vivasvan
    Wow is dead?? Really?? Pffft noooo wayyyy.

1000+ queue when I tried to login last night on silvermoon. It made me smile.

And WoW is the only MMO that is CHURNING out end game raiding. It's superb. Rest of the game maybe dumbed down but the raiding is the best raiding you will ever find.

A f2p will never compare in terms of content or raid quality that WoW produces. All a f2p game will ever do is create some hash mash 10minute Zerg battle with a few elements of skil needed.

Oh well the guys that don't know about raiding don't know what they are missing in mmos and wow does it the best.

majority of people don't really complain about their content releases but the quality of graphics & story = its out dated & juvenile.

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

And WoW is the only MMO that is CHURNING out end game raiding. It's superb. Rest of the game maybe dumbed down but the raiding is the best raiding you will ever find.

A f2p will never compare in terms of content or raid quality that WoW produces. All a f2p game will ever do is create some hash mash 10minute Zerg battle with a few elements of skil needed.

Oh well the guys that don't know about raiding don't know what they are missing in mmos and wow does it the best.

Stormscale has as well a ~800 queue almost every night. However, this means NOTHING. If you see the whole EU realm list your eye will be overwhelmed by "low" and "medium". 2 days ago on The Venture Co, one of the oldest RP-PvP realms, there where 14 people in Stormwind and 12 in Orgrimmar. 

Fact is that WoW is loosing subs at an alarming rate. 

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by orbitxo

majority of people don't really complain about their content releases but the quality of graphics & story = its out dated & juvenile.

Exactly here you are wrong. Wow is only game with graphics that is fresh and good as on day 1. Story great, one of the best. But anyway, you do not play wow how could you possibly know this.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Shodanas

Stormscale has as well a ~800 queue almost every night. However, this means NOTHING. If you see the whole EU realm list your eye will be overwhelmed by "low" and "medium". 2 days ago on The Venture Co, one of the oldest RP-PvP realms, there where 14 people in Stormwind and 12 in Orgrimmar. 

Only fact is this is not happening. Loosing yes, but far far from being alarming. Nowadays so much new games it is completely normal. There is no game that could go only up. No industrial product or anything. What matter to me wow is one of most HEALTHIEST games for years and nothing looks will change this. And this is only thing that counts.

• janjamesjanjames Member Posts: 2
    WoW is the only MMO end game raiding. It's superb. Rest of the game maybe dumbed down but zygor was the best game ever.

Download zygor guides free without cc.

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Originally posted by daltanious
    Originally posted by Shodanas

Only fact is this is not happening. Loosing yes, but far far from being alarming. Nowadays so much new games it is completely normal. There is no game that could go only up. No industrial product or anything. What matter to me wow is one of most HEALTHIEST games for years and nothing looks will change this. And this is only thing that counts.

I suggest you seek out some info. The game lost 600K subs in just a 3 month period, down to 7.7 mill from 8.3 mill. The total loss from it's peak during mid WotLK is a stunning 4.5 million in a 3.5 year period. When MoP went life WoW had 10 mill subs, which means that 2.3 mill people left the game during this expansion alone. 

Yes, the subscription figures are still light years away from any other western theme park MMO but one can't deny that the sub bleeding is at an alarming rate no matter how you approach the issue. 

Here: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/07/26/world-of-warcraft-down-to-77-million-subscribers

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    8 years later and the game is losing 23% finally....highly doubt the sky is falling for them.  Most lose 50% in months.
  • doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by SBFord

According to the World of Warcraft patch notes, today marks the release of the final piece of the Siege of Orgrimmar raid, Downfall. The most recent update saw the end of Garrosh Hellscream's leadership of the Horde.

If you haven't already, log into World of Warcraft for some sweet revenge and to participate in the annual Hallow's End celebration.

Observed by both the Horde and the Alliance, Hallow's End is a celebration of the break between the Forsaken and the Scourge. Many tricks and treats await adventurers seeking holiday fun, including defeating the Headless Horseman, visiting inns and cities for fun items such as masks and costumes, and eating way too much candy in one sitting.

Umm, just want to clarify, its the last wing of SoO for LFR that opened....the actual normal and heoric (avail after clearing normal) versions were live in full on day one of 5.4. Blizz hasn't gated regular raid content since 2009.

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

How did this turn into a thread about losing subs?  

Everybody knows they are losing subs. Who cares?  Play it or don't.  The info about the final stage of the raid is good to know.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by slickbizzle

How did this turn into a thread about losing subs?  

Everybody knows they are losing subs. Who cares?  Play it or don't.  The info about the final stage of the raid is good to know.

The OP is somewhat misleading though. The final raid tier has been live in full for months now. Its the LFR (extreemly easy, queueable only version) that opened up its last wing.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    You mean the access that pretty much 60% if not more of the players get in on...works for me.