Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are they really not going to add anymore end game content besides coil for 6 months?

TakooTakoo Member CommonPosts: 149

I started coil a while ago and have been crafting  in between my weekly coil. I have a level 50 WHM, 50 carp , Bot to 40 (awful grind) and other trade crafts to about 20. Im pretty sick of crafting at this point as the econ gets worse every week plus the only stuff worth money now is crafted HQ leve items. Also, on lgcy servers to really make bank you need to have a good portion of crafts to 50 or close. I could do this but I fear by the time I grind out a few more 50s in trade crafts the econ would be even worse and hardly worth it. Which brings me to another point.. How does an econ work when everyone can be level 50???

Anyways back on topic about coil.. My biggest fear at this point is I will be completely geared out in myth/alagan gear in a month or two at most. Will I just be sitting around for 6 months waiting for a new dungeon? What happen to new content every 3 months. They are already behind on 2.1 and if new content is every 3 months how is 2.2 6 months away from 2.1???

Comments

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    2.1 was always scheduled for November, so no they are not behind, and it adds more endgame.

• ShubawkssShubawkss Member Posts: 55
    The next update is in November. I don't even play the game and I knew that. Please get your facts right before you start going off on your tangents.
  • RabidMouthRabidMouth Member Posts: 196
    Originally posted by Takoo

I started coil a while ago and have been crafting  in between my weekly coil. I have a level 50 WHM, 50 carp , Bot to 40 (awful grind) and other trade crafts to about 20. Im pretty sick of crafting at this point as the econ gets worse every week plus the only stuff worth money now is crafted HQ leve items. Also, on lgcy servers to really make bank you need to have a good portion of crafts to 50 or close. I could do this but I fear by the time I grind out a few more 50s in trade crafts the econ would be even worse and hardly worth it. Which brings me to another point.. How does an econ work when everyone can be level 50???

Anyways back on topic about coil.. My biggest fear at this point is I will be completely geared out in myth/alagan gear in a month or two at most. Will I just be sitting around for 6 months waiting for a new dungeon? What happen to new content every 3 months. They are already behind on 2.1 and if new content is every 3 months how is 2.2 6 months away from 2.1???

Source? Not sure where you heard this. Last I heard 2.1 is supposed to be in November or December. They are adding more endgame content with 2.1. We can only speculate when 2.2 will arrive, but there hasn't been any reason for them to be late that I have heard of.

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Id recommend waiting for an announce date for 2.1

As far as you question: "How does an econ work when everyone can be level 50???"

Not everyone is going to want to gather and craft every component for all of the items they want. Some people will want to collaborate, others have no interest in crafting or gathering, other will do a couple then buy the rest.

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

A dedicated crafter is a full time job just like a hardcore raider.

If you want to make some serious money at crafting or gathering, you have to put in the time....

• TakooTakoo Member CommonPosts: 149
    Originally posted by CowboyHat

Source? Not sure where you heard this. Last I heard 2.1 is supposed to be in November or December. They are adding more endgame content with 2.1. We can only speculate when 2.2 will arrive, but there hasn't been any reason for them to be late that I have heard of.

Well from my understanding 2.1 was going to be Nov now its Dec. This is just a guess but I think its reasonable to expect content in Dec not Nov now.  Also, it is kinda hard for anything to be late when they say 3-6 months for content. When I signed up for this game I was under the impression that content would be every 3 months. As that seem to be the reason they were using the P2P model.. Because they can get major content out often.

This was my misunderstanding but that still leaves the game pretty dry if content takes 6 months.

Originally posted by ZizouX

If you want to make some serious money at crafting or gathering, you have to put in the time....

Once you get a craft to level 50 and a few of the others to level 15 you can just craft HQ leve items sell those to buy HQ leve items for the craft you are currently doing and be level 50 in another craft in 2-3 days.

• Raven322Raven322 Member UncommonPosts: 68

Well from my understanding 2.1 was going to be Nov now its Dec. This is just a guess but I think its reasonable to expect content in Dec not Nov now.  Also, it is kinda hard for anything to be late when they say 3-6 months for content. When I signed up for this game I was under the impression that content would be every 3 months. As that seem to be the reason they were using the P2P model.. Because they can get major content out often.

So now you're "guessing" that it'll be late and arrive in December. With no evidence of this, so that your made up argument might have some validity after it was shot down by almost every poster in the thread.

There is new endgame content being added very shortly. So no, you have nothing to worry about when it comes to running out of things to do.

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

Once you get a craft to level 50 and a few of the others to level 15 you can just craft HQ leve items sell those to buy HQ leve items for the craft you are currently doing and be level 50 in another craft in 2-3 days.

It's easy to level up culinarian, alchemy and carpentry to 50 due to the "easier to make" and less costly x3 leves.  You can't do that for weaving/armorsmithing/leatherworking.  The x3 items, the HQ versions are VERY expensive.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

Game was released end of August. They technically have all of September, October and November before they've gone back on any promises. So it being released in early December makes sense. 

I love FF14 but the one thing this thread actually needs to discuss is that the new content that is coming in 2.1, although awesome (PvP!) kinda doesn't make sense. I really don't understand why they're making Crystal Tower 'less difficult' than Coil. I know that Turn5 Coil hasn't been beaten yet but that seems more due to wonky mechanics. Essentially, PUG Coil groups are making it to Turn5. Why add a 24-man Duty Finder usable dungeon that will be easier to clear than Coil?

I wish they'd make Crystal Tower be the new be-all, end-all dungeon.

Anyways, I can't wait for the PvP.

It's easy to level up culinarian, alchemy and carpentry to 50 due to the "easier to make" and less costly x3 leves.  You can't do that for weaving/armorsmithing/leatherworking.  The x3 items, the HQ versions are VERY expensive.

I know I am trying to get weaver to 50 right now so I can go back and craft my gear for WHM. I find weaver very annoying because of all the thread and cloth you have to make. I know I can macro the process but it is still annoying to sit there and hit the macro button. Still none the less I got 25 levels in not even two days and hardly bought any HQ leve items. So you could say weaver takes 5-7 days instead of 2..

Originally posted by ZizouX A dedicated crafter is a full time job just like a hardcore raider.   If you want to make some serious money at crafting or gathering, you have to put in the time....  

Finding the fastest way to level up crafting is not the same thing as a hardcore crafter.
    Originally posted by wormed

Game was released end of August. They technically have all of September, October and November before they've gone back on any promises. So it being released in early December makes sense. 

I love FF14 but the one thing this thread actually needs to discuss is that the new content that is coming in 2.1, although awesome (PvP!) kinda doesn't make sense. I really don't understand why they're making Crystal Tower 'less difficult' than Coil. I know that Turn5 Coil hasn't been beaten yet but that seems more due to wonky mechanics. Essentially, PUG Coil groups are making it to Turn5. Why add a 24-man Duty Finder usable dungeon that will be easier to clear than Coil?

My gear will already be beyond CT.. CT seems like a huge mistake waiting to happen. A good portion of us will run it once and never touch it again. Which is the same sad fate for all the toher dungeons in the game. I really like Stone Vigil btw and a few others.. Which they would ahve just pushed more dungeons to end game.

I also wonder what CT will do to crafted gear as CT gear will def be better than crafted. I hope they add new crafted gear.. I mean they would have to right?

Originally posted by Foomerang

Originally posted by ZizouX A dedicated crafter is a full time job just like a hardcore raider.   If you want to make some serious money at crafting or gathering, you have to put in the time....  

Finding the fastest way to level up crafting is not the same thing as a hardcore crafter.

I crafted all my stuff for the carp 50.. Not doing it again for the other classes.. Besides if everyone crafted their leves there would be no econ as the best selling crafted items are leve HQ items.

Originally posted by Shubawkss
    The next update is in November. I don't even play the game and I knew that. Please get your facts right before you start going off on your tangents.

Its not in Nov and if it is somehow it will be on the last day of the month.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

My gear will already be beyond CT.. CT seems like a huge mistake waiting to happen. A good portion of us will run it once and never touch it again. Which is the same sad fate for all the toher dungeons in the game. I really like Stone Vigil btw and a few others.. Which they would ahve just pushed more dungeons to end game.

I also wonder what CT will do to crafted gear as CT gear will def be better than crafted. I hope they add new crafted gear.. I mean they would have to right?

Yup, I really don't understand it.

If full DL is pretty much capable of doing all of Coil, what purpose does CT hold? I don't get it at all. What they should do is have more variety of dungeons to get Tomestones of Philo, to allow people to get into Coil faster, then CT becomes the new big dungeon on the block. 24-man being the most difficult just makes far more sense than 8-man... but maybe I'm oldschool in my thinking.

I don't know. I hope somewhere Yoshida has an epiphany and goes, "wait a sec... CT needs a buff."

If full DL is pretty much capable of doing all of Coil, what purpose does CT hold? I don't get it at all. What they should do is have more variety of dungeons to get Tomestones of Philo, to allow people to get into Coil faster, then CT becomes the new big dungeon on the block. 24-man being the most difficult just makes far more sense than 8-man... but maybe I'm oldschool in my thinking.

I don't know. I hope somewhere Yoshida has an epiphany and goes, "wait a sec... CT needs a buff."

Yeah really there is zero reason to spend the time getting crafted gear besides it looks cool and you can dye it and yes..yes it is better however you dont need it to do coil so why would you waste the time getting it?. For the avrg player you are MUCH better off just grnding AK/WP for full DL. There are some people that are pushing you need some crafted gear to do turn 5 but im on the turn 5 is bugged so no one beats it train.

Originally posted by Raven322

So now you're "guessing" that it'll be late and arrive in December. With no evidence of this, so that your made up argument might have some validity after it was shot down by almost every poster in the thread.

There is new endgame content being added very shortly. So no, you have nothing to worry about when it comes to running out of things to do.

Well, lets see the everyone on the official forums says Dec and news sites are now saying Dec. Why act like this is just a date I picked out of the blue? Why focus on just that.. What difference does it make if the next patch after 2.1 is 6 months away.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/25/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-surpasses-1-5-million-accounts-patch-2-1-coming-in-december/

Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by Takoo Originally posted by ZizouX A dedicated crafter is a full time job just like a hardcore raider.   If you want to make some serious money at crafting or gathering, you have to put in the time....  
    I crafted all my stuff for the carp 50.. Not doing it again for the other classes.. Besides if everyone crafted their leves there would be no econ as the best selling crafted items are leve HQ items.

Welp good thing not everyone plays the same way then :) Once you figure that out, you wont feel the need to have an agenda for game aspects you dont enjoy.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Yeah really there is zero reason to spend the time getting crafted gear besides it looks cool and you can dye it and yes..yes it is better however you dont need it to do coil so why would you waste the time getting it?. For the avrg player you are MUCH better off just grnding AK/WP for full DL. There are some people that are pushing you need some crafted gear to do turn 5 but im on the turn 5 is bugged so no one beats it train.

Bugged, or working as designed to keeping the hardcore raiders at bay until new content can be made available.  Maybe it's just not possible to beat it right now, and won't be until they decide to let it happen.

(Black helicopter theories for the win) image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Welp good thing not everyone plays the same way then :) Once you figure that out, you wont feel the need to have an agenda for game aspects you dont enjoy.

Good thing too because the econ would be 100% dead otherwise. I don't get it I get told "omg soo much to do grind some crafts" Then when I do I get told I am doing it wrong and I should not do stuff I don't enjoy.

Originally posted by Kyleran

Bugged, or working as designed to keeping the hardcore raiders at bay until new content can be made available.  Maybe it's just not possible to beat it right now, and won't be until they decide to let it happen.

(Black helicopter theories for the win) image

I would agree that it might not be possible to beat with out more level 80 gear in the game.

[mod edit]

Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by Takoo Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by Takoo Originally posted by ZizouX A dedicated crafter is a full time job just like a hardcore raider.   If you want to make some serious money at crafting or gathering, you have to put in the time....  
    Good thing too because the econ would be 100% dead otherwise. I don't get it I get told "omg soo much to do grind some crafts" Then when I do I get told I am doing it wrong and I should not do stuff I don't enjoy.

I never told you that. I just answered one of your initial questions as best I could coming from my personal experience. DO whatever you want obviously. Just not sure why you are getting defensive over answers to your own questions.

I never told you that. I just answered one of your initial questions as best I could coming from my personal experience. DO whatever you want obviously. Just not sure why you are getting defensive over answers to your own questions.

No you did not tell me that but you did say I was not doing crafting the hardcore way. Also, the general response from the population seems to be level crafting. It is just annoying when you hit 50 in something only to find out you really need to grind all the crafting classes to 50 to make good money. With the only good money coming from making items for leves.. There seems to be nothing epic to make in the game that is worth money. On my server the 2 star items are down to about 500k each.

No you did not tell me that but you did say I was not doing crafting the hardcore way. Also, the general response from the population seems to be level crafting. It is just annoying when you hit 50 in something only to find out you really need to grind all the crafting classes to 50 to make good money. With the only good money coming from making items for leves.. There seems to be nothing epic to make in the game that is worth money. On my server the 2 star items are down to about 500k each.

Well Im sorry people are giving you a hard time about crafting. Considering a small house will be 850k gil, selling one item for 500k gil is a massive amount of money.

I make items for leves, gc provisions, crafting equipment, and sell tons of wood of all level ranges.

Even if you just take the process of making hq level items, they involve multiple components from multiple crafting classes. And those components come from multiple resources gathered across many zones.

Anyway. thats where Im coming from in my experience. and back to the point, they promised content every 3 months, the game has been out for two. SO Id say they have yet to break that promise. We've also had multiple patches and two seasonal events so I havent really seen anything yet to discourage me from putting my faith in these devs.