Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me understand. Why do you buy gold?

167891012»

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Silverchild

Interesting question.

I still think that player to player trading should never involve real money. See D3 real money auction house, and how even blizzard now realize it was a bad idea. They are going to remove it.

Blizz is removing ALL AH, not just the RMAH one. And the reason they are giving has nothing to do with real money. They think it is better (for the game) to have players find their loot, instead of buying them.

In principle, i don't see a problem with player to player real money transaction. If you have a AH, may as well have a real money one.

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

Well, in EVE it is easier to buy game cards and sell them for ISK so you can suicide gank in high sec. I spent 1000 USD in the past 2 years (coming up on 3) on EVE and have so much ISK (and still have time cards to use). I've actually earned money to be honest, cause I've earned far more ISK suicide ganking than lost.

(edit: Just spend 500 usd on game cards, sell most of them...use cheap ships and enjoy getting even more ISK :D aim for the industrial ships though. Too many people think high sec is safe :D)

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by TheScavenger

Well, in EVE it is easier to buy game cards and sell them for ISK so you can suicide gank in high sec. I spent 1000 USD in the past 2 years (coming up on 3) on EVE and have so much ISK (and still have time cards to use). I've actually earned money to be honest, cause I've earned far more ISK suicide ganking than lost.

(edit: Just spend 500 usd on game cards, sell most of them...use cheap ships and enjoy getting even more ISK :D aim for the industrial ships though. Too many people think high sec is safe :D)

I'm hoping there are other current EVE players that visit this thread, because it would be a darn shame to enjoy the humor of your post all by myself. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• GrumpyMel2GrumpyMel2 Member Posts: 1,832
    Originally posted by bliss14

Hypothetical question here.  I have never bought nor sold gold, this is just a thought that crossed my mind after reading some of this rather large thread.  Say someone plays a game like WoW for a few years and they amassed around 500k in gold.  A quick google search has a result saying 100k is worth around $160.  So 500k is $800. 

Do you people think in a case where that gold was accrued over a period of years through honest playing would be morally acceptable to be sold?  If all of that person's gold was earned by ingame rules then theoretically there should be no economic impact selling it to another player.  

Not really related but the person would have spent in 4 years of playing $720 in sub fees. 

Personaly, no it wouldn't be ethical but one could understand it.....and I don't think the degree to which the act was considered unethical would be all that significant. I'd put it roughly in the same category as someone finding a $100 bill in a store parking lot and pocketing the bill rather then going into the store to turn it in to lost and found. Not the right thing to do....but nothing to crucify someone over either.