Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just bought the game

nodvianodvia Member UncommonPosts: 25
I just bought the game I was wondering if anyone here would mind showing me the ropes.

Comments

• FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515

Hey, not sure if you actually wanted somebody to help you out ingame, but if not here are some good helpful links:

- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=143866896

- http://www.darkfallonline.com/guide/faq

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N78axj_GbSk

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Are you NA or EU?

If you are playing on NA, feel free to PM me ingame.  Badaboom Virtus.  I'm usually on later at night CST.

• IrishbeardIrishbeard Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Let me know what you think of it.  Would like to get some new player input.  Thinking about this game for some time now.
  • Cristina1Cristina1 Member UncommonPosts: 372

It is great! I was put off from getting it by negative reactions online, but now having tried it, Darkfall Unholy Wars is such an immersive game, I am having a blast!!

The lesson, never listen to people, try it for yourself then form your own opinion!

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by Cristina1

It is great! I was put off from getting it by negative reactions online, but now having tried it, Darkfall Unholy Wars is such an immersive game, I am having a blast!!

The lesson, never listen to people, try it for yourself then form your own opinion!

Exactly.

Darkfall has a very vocal group of haters, but it's really a great game.

The best MMO on the market, with a giant persistant world with no instances, and meaningful pvp.

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360

I had the same experience.  I was first put off by these negative reviews. 

Then suddenly it hit me that why would there be so many negative reviews.  Some thing doesn't add up in here.  Normally when people don't like a game they leave for good and the don't bother keep up with the game forum. I started to analyze the negative posts and found the following pattern.

• There are a small group of dedicated people who are constantly trashing the game everywhere from here, steam and Darkfall forums.  They are very vocal and their negative reviews ("haters") and trash talk about Darkfall are amplified. Look at all the negative post in mmorpg and it is basically the same 5 people. 
    • Many of these have motives.  One of the motive is they liked the previous version of the game which suited their taste.  They are upset at AV since the game is no longer offer.  They think that if they can scare enough people away, AV will be forced to bring back the old game.
    • Some of the haters are DF1 vet who been playing DF1 for many years.  They can't justify to play DFUW (DF2) because of "been there, done that, nothing new" . They expected a completely different game for this iteration of DF and since they didn't get it the don't see anything positive about DFUW. 
    • Some of these haters are product of http://www.unholybanhammer.com/BH/ .  AV has been banning people who cheat, hacks, buys gold.  Those who got banned are in revenge mode
    • Finally there are the traditional Internet trolls who would post whatever it takes to grab attention.
    The game is no where near perfect, it has room for a lot of improvements.  AV is financially stretched as a indie developer, and thus the game development is slow (patch once every month at best). The haters blows everything out of proportion. 

If you didn't play DF1 you will love this game as it is very different then other MMO.  I wish everyone that inquire about Darkfall would understand the history behind all the negative posts so that they can make an objective review.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    Originally posted by gamekid2k

Then suddenly it hit me that why would there be so many negative reviews.  Some thing doesn't add up in here.  Normally when people don't like a game they leave for good and the don't bother keep up with the game forum. I started to analyze the negative posts and found the following pattern.

• There are a small group of dedicated people who are constantly trashing the game everywhere from here, steam and Darkfall forums.  They are very vocal and their negative reviews ("haters") and trash talk about Darkfall are amplified. Look at all the negative post in mmorpg and it is basically the same 5 people. 
    • Many of these have motives.  One of the motive is they liked the previous version of the game which suited their taste.  They are upset at AV since the game is no longer offer.  They think that if they can scare enough people away, AV will be forced to bring back the old game.
    • Some of the haters are DF1 vet who been playing DF1 for many years.  They can't justify to play DFUW (DF2) because of "been there, done that, nothing new" . They expected a completely different game for this iteration of DF and since they didn't get it the don't see anything positive about DFUW. 
    • Some of these haters are product of http://www.unholybanhammer.com/BH/ .  AV has been banning people who cheat, hacks, buys gold.  Those who got banned are in revenge mode
    • Finally there are the traditional Internet trolls who would post whatever it takes to grab attention.
    The game is no where near perfect, it has room for a lot of improvements.  AV is financially stretched as a indie developer, and thus the game development is slow (patch once every month at best). The haters blows everything out of proportion. 

If you didn't play DF1 you will love this game as it is very different then other MMO.  I wish everyone that inquire about Darkfall would understand the history behind all the negative posts so that they can make an objective review.

Lets say i just started the game... can i solo the end game rewards? Get a small house, or a big house by myself or is too much work for one person? Or too dangerous?

Are there guilds that normally help with player housing?

And i believe player housing is in the persistent world? 

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• mmochallengemmochallenge Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Incomparable
    Originally posted by gamekid2k

Lets say i just started the game... can i solo the end game rewards? Get a small house, or a big house by myself or is too much work for one person? Or too dangerous?

Are there guilds that normally help with player housing?

And i believe player housing is in the persistent world? 

All the house plots are taken, however you can purchase a house taken for 300,000 ~ 1.5 million gold depending on the location from a player willing to sell.  The house are NOT instanced they are in the persistent world.  How long will it take you to farm that much gold?  I have seen player farming 10,000 gold a day.  I have seen player scraping and farming 80,000 gold a day. 

The end game tangible rewards are gears and city/hamlet.  By putting enough effort you will be able to solo craft all end game gear.  You can't get a city or hamlet solo.  You will need a clan that is into conquest.  Cities do change hand a lot these days as sieges are getting smaller and unpredictable.

Enjoy this video showing different activities in the game. 

Take the 30 days MMO Challenge!