Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Personal Player Housing in 2.1 >:^(

2»

Comments

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Originally posted by Krimzin

Originally posted by drivendawn

Originally posted by Krimzin Even if there were housing in 2.1, its to little.. to late.. Most people have moved on. The die hard FF players and the bored are the only ones left. By Bored, I mean those who have absolutely nothing else to play so FFXIV becomes the lesser of the evils. FFXIV had so much of an opportunity to be a great game. Low expectations of population, by the devs led to a horrible launch. Poor vision of end game led to zero replayablity. FFXIV has a great engine. Its a stunning game graphically and the crafting system will change the future of MMO Genre. That's it though. The Combat system was more than clunky, it was downright painful. There was zero mob AI to speak of. I could go on, but there isn't really a point in continuing to kick a dead horse. Those of you still playing I wish you the best, but as for myself I think Im going to try to learn to speak Korean =) Archeage Korea.. Here I come.
    I like how you present this as fact. >.>

Actually never said it was fact.

Posting ones opinion... $.02
    Ability to comprehend the written word... $5.00
    A person who can read way more into something than is really there...Priceless

Not even understanding one's own post - Priceless.

I'll help you:

"Most people have moved on. The die hard FF players and the bored are the only ones left. By Bored, I mean those who have absolutely nothing else to play so FFXIV becomes the lesser of the evils."

You wouldn't look quite so silly had you added a "I think" to the that first statement.

• masterbroodmasterbrood Member Posts: 62

Even if there were housing in 2.1, its to little.. to late..

Most people have moved on. The die hard FF players and the bored are the only ones left. By Bored, I mean those who have absolutely nothing else to play so FFXIV becomes the lesser of the evils.

FFXIV had so much of an opportunity to be a great game. Low expectations of population, by the devs led to a horrible launch. Poor vision of end game led to zero replayablity.

FFXIV has a great engine. Its a stunning game graphically and the crafting system will change the future of MMO Genre. That's it though. The Combat system was more than clunky, it was downright painful. There was zero mob AI to speak of.

I could go on, but there isn't really a point in continuing to kick a dead horse.

Those of you still playing I wish you the best, but as for myself I think Im going to try to learn to speak Korean =)
    Archeage Korea.. Here I come.

LOL Yes the game is clearly dead....in your world perhaps.

-The only sure thing about the future is uncertainty

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854

Most people have moved on. The die hard FF players and the bored are the only ones left. By Bored, I mean those who have absolutely nothing else to play so FFXIV becomes the lesser of the evils.

FFXIV had so much of an opportunity to be a great game. Low expectations of population, by the devs led to a horrible launch. Poor vision of end game led to zero replayablity.

FFXIV has a great engine. Its a stunning game graphically and the crafting system will change the future of MMO Genre. That's it though. The Combat system was more than clunky, it was downright painful. There was zero mob AI to speak of.

I could go on, but there isn't really a point in continuing to kick a dead horse.

Those of you still playing I wish you the best, but as for myself I think Im going to try to learn to speak Korean =)

A little out of touch with reality are we?

EDIT:

Kinda like coming out and stating that SWTOR is the most successful popular mmo evar? Your post is so far removed from reality it's somewhat scary that you even posted it? I'm so embarrassed for you im hiding behind my couch atm.

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854

Back on topic.

Yeah i have to say i'm semi disappointed but have no problem waiting, i doubt i'd have the coin anyway, later on prolly.

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • Robert_S4Robert_S4 Member Posts: 142

Bit long post, but when I have an opinion, that's usually what happens.

Both the free month and the extra time given for the shoddy start of FFXIV: ARR is up.

Yet...

My EU server is constantly full.

Often when I have checked the past two weeks the server was locked from being able to create new characters because it's getting so full that it's unstable, I can feel it very well, it messes with my gameplay quality A LOT.

Quite a few other servers are full and locked aswell.

I repeat, it's past the first month free time and extra time.

The servers are getting hammered with people like no tomorrow.

I'm 50, I have my relic weapon.

I have a crafting class at 50.

I gave up on harvesting by the time I reached lvl 30 on one, complete borefest.

I won't say it's a good game in it's current state though.

I was not in a hurry at all but this game lvls quite quickly regardless.

I really like to be able to get up quickly, should I so desire.

The issue is though that there HAS to be more then one single useful dungeon to grind over and over and over until you feel like stabbing a knife into your eyes.

>GAMES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FUN, ENTERTAINMENT<

There are no rare spawns out in the world, the world feels small, no sense of discovery.

I see people running around in full blue quality item level 70 gear from running Amdapor keep (or as I prefer to call it: I'm tha poor keep) or those two utterly pointless story dungeons 50-60 times to get a full gear set.

Yes, I know very well about Wanderer's Palance and the two 8 person story dungeons.

Though I am of the distinct idea that once you get lvl cap and stop getting XP, dungeons should be awarding loot drops from bosses, regardless.

On top of that, Wanderer's Palace drops haven't had any upgrades for me at all in it.

No point in doing fates once you reach lvl 50.

Crafting is ok, I think the system is nice but the only point of crafting is pretty much gaining more money.

I'm already a gillionare from playing well and being economic while lvling up to 50 and crafting a lot and selling stuff.

Hence, I don't really need more money right now, then it falls down to, not much to do.

As I need to grind my butt off in the same dungeon over and over again to be able to do Coil of Bahamut.

Games are supposed to be fun, I'll pass on that crazy grindfest that's a lot worse then other mmorpg's I have played, even said games at launch.

Why so many are still playing? No clue.

It is what it is though.

I say again:

Also

It's the year 2013, game developers, get a effin' clue already!

I will finish off this post with saying that I am a huge MMORPG player, I'm also a huge Final Fantasy fan, and have been for well over a decade, back when the Final Fantasy serie offline games were actually GOOD.

I'm not a young person with low attention span, quite far up there in terms of age.

Though, when a rusty kettle is rusty, you can't do much else then call it what it is, a rusty kettle.

Thanks for reading.

The people and the friends that we have lost, and the dreams that have faded, never forget them~

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Originally posted by Robert_S4

There are no rare spawns out in the world, the world feels small, no sense of discovery.

I see people running around in full blue quality item level 70 gear from running Amdapor keep (or as I prefer to call it: I'm tha poor keep) or those two utterly pointless story dungeons 50-60 times to get a full gear set.

Yes, I know very well about Wanderer's Palance and the two 8 person story dungeons.

Though I am of the distinct idea that once you get lvl cap and stop getting XP, dungeons should be awarding loot drops from bosses, regardless.

On top of that, Wanderer's Palace drops haven't had any upgrades for me at all in it.

No point in doing fates once you reach lvl 50.

Crafting is ok, I think the system is nice but the only point of crafting is pretty much gaining more money.

I'm already a gillionare from playing well and being economic while lvling up to 50 and crafting a lot and selling stuff.

Hence, I don't really need more money right now, then it falls down to, not much to do.

As I need to grind my butt off in the same dungeon over and over again to be able to do Coil of Bahamut.

Games are supposed to be fun, I'll pass on that crazy grindfest that's a lot worse then other mmorpg's I have played, even said games at launch.

Why so many are still playing? No clue.

It is what it is though.

I say again:

Also

It's the year 2013, game developers, get a effin' clue already!

I will finish off this post with saying that I am a huge MMORPG player, I'm also a huge Final Fantasy fan, and have been for well over a decade, back when the Final Fantasy serie offline games were actually GOOD.

I'm not a young person with low attention span, quite far up there in terms of age.

Though, when a rusty kettle is rusty, you can't do much else then call it what it is, a rusty kettle.

Thanks for reading.

- Behemoth and Odin don't count?  More are planned as well.

- They already added WP and increased primal ToM to help mix things up so we aren't all running AK, if that really bothers you.

- They don't want any more RNG drops than they already have, you should by happy about that.  Nothing is worse than being gated on gear progression solely due to RNG.

- The "drops" are designed to flesh out other combat jobs.  For example, as soon as I get to 50 my WHM / THM / SMN were all decked in min level 60 gear.

- I don't think anyone got the gillionaire achievement yet, due to the obvious gating on how many leves you need to complete it.  Proof please.

- Coil doesn't require more than ilevel 70 up to turn 40.  It's not a major grind.

TL;DR

Another rant where the poster probably hasn't experienced half of what he thinks he is so qualified to talk about.

• vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Long story short, OP is a little misinformed.
    Personal player housing is in 2.1

Where does it say there will be personal player housing in 2.1. I only read that there will NOT be.... I'd be happy to be wrong.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I must admit this is really upsetting. I was looking forward to having a house to suck me into this game. I didn't pay for the client but I bought a 180 sub which I regret a bit since I just find the game to be a lot more Grindy than it seemed at first. I find myself playing GW2 and Neverwinter more :(

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by vidiotking
    Originally posted by Foomerang Long story short, OP is a little misinformed. Personal player housing is in 2.1
    Where does it say there will be personal player housing in 2.1. I only read that there will NOT be.... I'd be happy to be wrong.

Still up in the air on this apparently. Since there are 30 lots per instance, its a grey area on what exactly am FC is to do with 30 house lots. they cant all be large, in fact only 7 are large, the majority are small. SO lumping a bunch of fc's into a single 30 lots instance would be messed up.

SO that leaves one FC with a 30 lot instance. if one of the 7 large lots acts as the guild hall, what becomes of the 29 other lots lying around.

every video we have seen shows people placing furniture and decorating them. i have a feeling if you are in an fc, you will have access to more than one lot in the instance.

its a bit of a hot topic on my server. we shall see though.

• vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Originally posted by Foomerang Long story short, OP is a little misinformed. Personal player housing is in 2.1
    Still up in the air on this apparently. Since there are 30 lots per instance, its a grey area on what exactly am FC is to do with 30 house lots. they cant all be large, in fact only 7 are large, the majority are small. SO lumping a bunch of fc's into a single 30 lots instance would be messed up.

SO that leaves one FC with a 30 lot instance. if one of the 7 large lots acts as the guild hall, what becomes of the 29 other lots lying around.

every video we have seen shows people placing furniture and decorating them. i have a feeling if you are in an fc, you will have access to more than one lot in the instance.

its a bit of a hot topic on my server. we shall see though.

A Player Housing system is also being introduced in FF XIV’s 2.1 update. Eventually allowing players to purchase individual houses of three different sizes, at first this feature will be limited to Free Companies only.  - IGN Oct. 17 2013.

That's what i'm working from. The rest is just 'fun' speculation. Those lots could sit empty till they're ready to impliment individual housing...

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by vidiotking Originally posted by Foomerang Long story short, OP is a little misinformed. Personal player housing is in 2.1
    Still up in the air on this apparently. Since there are 30 lots per instance, its a grey area on what exactly am FC is to do with 30 house lots. they cant all be large, in fact only 7 are large, the majority are small. SO lumping a bunch of fc's into a single 30 lots instance would be messed up.   SO that leaves one FC with a 30 lot instance. if one of the 7 large lots acts as the guild hall, what becomes of the 29 other lots lying around. every video we have seen shows people placing furniture and decorating them. i have a feeling if you are in an fc, you will have access to more than one lot in the instance. its a bit of a hot topic on my server. we shall see though.
    A Player Housing system is also being introduced in FF XIV’s 2.1 update. Eventually allowing players to purchase individual houses of three different sizes, at first this feature will be limited to Free Companies only.  - IGN Oct. 17 2013.

That's what i'm working from. The rest is just 'fun' speculation. Those lots could sit empty till they're ready to impliment individual housing...

that would be a brutal tease. but I wouldnt put it past them haha
  • echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681
    Originally posted by drivendawn

I like how you present this as fact. >.>

lol - I agree...I was in a queue this evening to get in.

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.