Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Botting

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• xanthmetisxanthmetis Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Was thinking about going back to this game, but certainly am not now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Dren_Utogi

I warn those now, if youw ant to play AoC , playing Crom. Avoid the pvp servers at all cost.

I'm saying this very same advice with every mmo's out there since almost a decade... :)

But to the topic -and not about how pvp sucks in a whole-, you can occasionally find a hacker / botter / comboskipper (call what you like) on Crom as well. True, much less than it was years ago, but still, you can see one or two sometimes.

Nevertheless, +1 to what Dren said, if you want AoC, come to Crom :)

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by Po_gg
    Originally posted by Dren_Utogi

I warn those now, if youw ant to play AoC , playing Crom. Avoid the pvp servers at all cost.

I'm saying this very same advice with every mmo's out there since almost a decade... :)

But to the topic -and not about how pvp sucks in a whole-, you can occasionally find a hacker / botter / comboskipper (call what you like) on Crom as well. True, much less than it was years ago, but still, you can see one or two sometimes.

Nevertheless, +1 to what Dren said, if you want AoC, come to Crom :)

It's like Po_gg said!  Don't you guys see the pattern here?   Go to the Darkfall threads.  

PvP attracts this sort of player.  And it may not be all guilds that are doing this want to.  Its because if one guild does it then the rest have to also.   PvP is competitive.  It is also about griefing.  It is not about being a nice guy and playing by the rules.   Ever hear the saying, "Good guys finish last" ??

And before you start blaming the Devs, lets say they ban all these guys.  Fine, half the players leave and they lose money.  Or they don't ban them and half the players leave.  Whats the diff??   Besides ban the botters and they will just come back anyway.

Its the bane of PvP and its the players fault, not the devs.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• SaintGrayeSaintGraye Member UncommonPosts: 109

I disagree. Anti cheats / bot dection exist, they should use that . Blaming players who don't hack or bot is just a lame excuse for lazy coding in my opinion.

You missed the point entirely, mate, the onus does not reside with players who do not hack it rests squarely on the shoulders of those who do. As Boneserino remarked, in a competitive environment any advantage, once acquired, is swiftly attained by all other participants in order to ensure a continued equilibrium. Someone starts hacking, they or their team begin to win (or are otherwise assured of winning) and others either follow suit to rack up kills/points/whatnot of their own or, just as often, to avoid losing to those who do hack. It's a vicious circle and is by no means the fault of players who do not hack, nor may the development team be offhandedly dismissed for incompetence. Yes, anti-hack/bot technology exists, but none of it is foolproof and, as I have experienced firsthand in a plethora of titles, quite often players are well underway in developing exploits for even the latest versions with the slightest provocation.

I am, by no means, advocating this (save as a purely research oriented undertaking) but you might find it enlightening to look up your favorite MMO in Google with the word "trainer" at the end of the search query. I would be shocked if you were greeted by any less than a dozen longstanding websites (primarily forum-based) wherein all manner of hacks, botting programs and (quite often) even tutorials are available to activate, implement or create new ones.

Cheating is an epidemic, mate, one that may be attributed solely to impatience, greed and the worst attribute of all in any game: poor sportsmanship.

EDIT: Shortly after posting this I recalled something an old guildmate used to say back during the heyday of World of Warcraft, "Show me a game where you believe no one is cheating and I'll show you a game where you're wrong." ...ironically, I'm fairly certain he cheated.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Botting is not a PvP only thing. AION has botters all over farming gold. D3 and PoE did as well etc. Don't try to blame this on the mentality of PvP because it has absolutely nothing to do with it. People will cheat to get ahead if they aren't likely to get caught, it is just how things are.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

What?  I never saw that, how do you even recognize botting? You sure are not fantasizing?

I have my patterns while I play too but I sure am not a bot...

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by Ender4

Botting is not a PvP only thing. AION has botters all over farming gold. D3 and PoE did as well etc. Don't try to blame this on the mentality of PvP because it has absolutely nothing to do with it. People will cheat to get ahead if they aren't likely to get caught, it is just how things are.

You are joking, right?

If it has nothing to do with the mentality of PvP players, then explain to us why they are using cheats and hacks?    I am sure there are lots of honest PvP players out there, that is not the point.   We aren't trying to paint all of you with the same brush.   But it is undeniable that when you put a large number of random anonymous people in a big world together and then let them attack each other for fun and profit, you can be absolutely certain that many dirty tricks are going to be employed.  

Unfortunately in these types of games, that random element will always be present.   The type of win at all cost , anything goes as long as I win, sort of PvP mentality.    So don't get your shorts all in a knot Ender4, because these people invade all walks of life where competition is part of the equation. 

PvP just attracts them a little more, like flies to sh*t, so to speak.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    Did you talk to a GM or a FoA? The FoA are volunteer players and it's super easy to get access.
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589

Read many fairy tales in this thread..

Have played this game for a looooooong time. What you describe here, I have never seen or experienced...

The Ultimate Breakdown

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by Boneserino

PvP attracts this sort of player. 

It is not pvp in itself that attracts this sort of player.

It is the pvp system that they (and many other games) have in place that's the problem.

In many games' pvp server, they always have one of the following problem:

1. Griefing/ganking has no consequences. If it was more like a system like that of Age of Wushu than there will be least of those kind of behaviour.

2. They reward bad pvp behaviour by ranking players and giving them noteriety publicly. If there was no ranking system (like any of those arena rating crap in other games) and pvp is solely about objectives for a faction/group, and reputation is purely from word of mouth/territory gained, than this wouldn't be as big of a problem.

So it is the games itself that wants to promote bad player behaviour a lot of times, not just because it is pvp.