Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft: Deck Building Tips from the Blizzard Team

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Hearthstone blog has been updated with a new post that gives players some insights int he best ways to build a deck to be successful in the forthcoming trading card game from Blizzard Entertainment.

Building decks for use in Play mode can be a very satisfying process. From coming up with your unique deck concept to playtesting it and tweaking it to perfection, constructed play is a great way to test your overall skill and knowledge of the game. Many of our Hearthstone fansites have contributed their insights on deckbuilding to this blog, to help you along the way to building a deck of your own that’s fun to play for the class of your choice. The links and summaries below are all to be taken as helpful guides, not the end-all be-all of Hearthstone deck creation. So take some time to read the guides, pick out a few new ideas that appeal to you, and then dive in to building a deck of your very own!

Read more on the Hearthstone site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by SBFord

The Hearthstone blog has been updated with a new post that gives players some insights int he best ways to build a deck to be successful in the forthcoming trading card game from Blizzard Entertainment.

Building decks for use in Play mode can be a very satisfying process. From coming up with your unique deck concept to playtesting it and tweaking it to perfection, constructed play is a great way to test your overall skill and knowledge of the game. Many of our Hearthstone fansites have contributed their insights on deckbuilding to this blog, to help you along the way to building a deck of your own that’s fun to play for the class of your choice. The links and summaries below are all to be taken as helpful guides, not the end-all be-all of Hearthstone deck creation. So take some time to read the guides, pick out a few new ideas that appeal to you, and then dive in to building a deck of your very own!

just how you can call it TRADING card game when theres no card trading in the game

and yea thats a big step back so spend $ to get the best cards becouse theres no other way

• logicbomb82logicbomb82 Member UncommonPosts: 228
    Still have not got into this Beta, I think since I turned 31 I fell out of the popular beta choice age range.  I use to get into beta's all the time....damn old age.
    I run the Mature Minded Gamers. We do video and board gaming videos and reviews. We also have a big Dungeons and Dragons community with multiple games active each week.
    Join us at: https://www.maturemindedgamers.com

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    CCG = Collectible Card Game, which is the case here. It is not TCG, Trading Card Game.
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by logicbomb82
    .damn old age.

I'm 51 and got the blizzard invite last week

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

You had to spend real money to get the cards in pretty much every other TCG/CCG too... unless someone was kind enough to give you theirs... Not seeing how that is a problem.

This have been a good conversation

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Originally posted by Nadia
    .damn old age.

I'm 51 and got the blizzard invite last week

39 here. Got one yesterday! Your argument is invalid sir! ;)

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Blizzard reply at Ops link

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/11347306/helpful-hearthstone-deck-building-hints-10-23-2013

Aratil 2 hours ago
    @tjr2mental: I'm sorry you didn't get your beta invite yet, but we have already significantly ramped up the quantity and frequency of our beta invites and will probably double it again next week, so I hope you get in soon!

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by saurus123
    Originally posted by SBFord

Share this image

just how you can call it TRADING card game when theres no card trading in the game

and yea thats a big step back so spend $ to get the best cards becouse theres no other way

Except there is other ways. You buy booster packs with gold in game. I haven't spent a dime and I have gotten a couple really really good cards. You don't have to spend any money to do anything in the game. If you are decent at it, you can use 150 gold to go into the arena and get a couple decks of cards out of it, maybe even 3 and enough gold to buy more if you wanted to.

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628
    Still have not got into this Beta, I think since I turned 31 I fell out of the popular beta choice age range.  I use to get into beta's all the time....damn old age.

Not true... I get into a lot of betas (including this) and I'm almost 52 :-)

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258
    I just got my beta invite today and as a long time MTG player i am very much delighted by the game :)
  • syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    greed !!!
  • jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

MMORPG pls correct the TCG label, it is not, its a Collectible Card Game. There is no system for tradng cards, only collecting and battling. 

Scrolls is actually a Trading Card Game, which is funny because its alot different from conventional TCG (Grid System) but still close to magic in many ways. Scrolls has a Trading option between players though, so it is still a TCG.

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    ;[ i still play card games, i play yugioh and i play urban rivals :[ :[ :[ but blizzard don't lubes me, all i want  for my birthday is a booty and a hearthstone beta invite 

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by tawess

You had to spend real money to get the cards in pretty much every other TCG/CCG too... unless someone was kind enough to give you theirs... Not seeing how that is a problem.

no you traded the cards you didnt need for something else

thats the whole point of collecting your deck - trading with others for cards you need

in blizzard version we have BUYING the cards and spending insane amount of money until we get our deck

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by saurus123
    Originally posted by tawess

no you traded the cards you didnt need for something else

thats the whole point of collecting your deck - trading with others for cards you need

in blizzard version we have BUYING the cards and spending insane amount of money until we get our deck

You could just play the game and get decks that way.  Or yes pay an obscene amount of money to buy 100's of decks, comes down to how valuable is your time.

• bbuuddbbuudd Member Posts: 8
    Let's all just be patient. It will come to us, maybe not right now but it will eventually :) those who pay for a key have the uncertain discomfort of paying for free to play game (minus in-game store purchases which most f2p games have).
  • wadws1wadws1 Member Posts: 3
    good news