Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What if...

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

... this "new continent" is their way of wiping MO?

There are no boats and I have not heard that any will be added.  What if this "new continent" will be on a new server?  Eventually they would combine, but for the foreseeable future they would be separate and distinct?  You could roll a new character on either continent, but existing ones could not transfer.

The economy for the new continent would actually not be ruined.  The player base would not  be over run with maxed out characters with a 3 year lead in equipment.

SV might actually get veterans to spring for new character slots so they could play in the new area...

Just something to think about...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Most likely the new "continent" will be added to the connection that goes off in the right upper corner of the current one: http://i.imgur.com/R2ifu0c.png . This will avoid the boat issue, and if I am not mistaking the devs been talking about adding that landmass for a while. 
  • ZeerahaZeeraha Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

... this "new continent" is their way of wiping MO?

There are no boats and I have not heard that any will be added.  What if this "new continent" will be on a new server?  Eventually they would combine, but for the foreseeable future they would be separate and distinct?  You could roll a new character on either continent, but existing ones could not transfer.

The economy for the new continent would actually not be ruined.  The player base would not  be over run with maxed out characters with a 3 year lead in equipment.

SV might actually get veterans to spring for new character slots so they could play in the new area...

Just something to think about...

I must agree that it would be interesting experiment. I am almost for certain that other continent will be hosted in North America, it has been announced for years. If continent were completely separated, but implemented more logically and cleaner than old one, perhaps new gaming mechanics could be tested with out interference from old game items and inbalanced old characters system with Thur/Khur supreme fighter builds.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

1 of the devs said boats would be added before this new continent so i assume it wont be the 1 joined to myrland, but it would make way more sense to add the new continent ajoined to save development time

i also believe they abandoned the idea of running the other continent on a seperate server or in a different country, it will just be another collection of nodes to the existing ones i believe.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Originally posted by deathshroud

1 of the devs said boats would be added before this new continent so i assume it wont be the 1 joined to myrland, but it would make way more sense to add the new continent ajoined to save development time

i also believe they abandoned the idea of running the other continent on a seperate server or in a different country, it will just be another collection of nodes to the existing ones i believe.

Dearhshroud 3+ years after release, the ideas concerning boats, carriages, new continents etc etc in MO, bring an old song in mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH2w6Oxx0kQ

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Which is a shame if you ask me... Most of their players are in the US and all of them are slightly disadvantaged compared to those in Europe due to their distance to the server.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    Originally posted by Anubisan

Which is a shame if you ask me... Most of their players are in the US and all of them are slightly disadvantaged compared to those in Europe due to their distance to the server.

from what i remember of the last poll, there were more us players than any other country but more EU players than us

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.