Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: House Hunters: Eorzea Edition

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Square Enix made a lot of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn players swoon with delight over the recent announcement of a robust housing system incoming. In our latest FFXIV column, we take a look at the announcement and provide our own special version of House Hunters.

The biggest change to the economy so far was discussed towards the beginning of the recent live letter. The end game instances now drop gil from the monsters when you kill them. Each kill averages 40 to 50 gil per mob. This translates to a few thousand gil per run. When you factor in most players run around 9 level 50 instances a week in order to cap out on their Allagan Tomestones what seems like miniscule amounts of money can quickly add up to tens of thousands of extra gil per player coming into the game, legitimately I might add. Those of you that were squeezing by making your repair bills and teleportation payments should find that you have more than enough gil to sustain yourself now.

Read more of Rob Lashley's Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - House Hunters: Eorzea Edition.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• nastyjmannastyjman Member Posts: 161
    I can be a real chef!? Need to level that up then.
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

One of the best immersive things Ive seen about this game is that every item has a 3d model rendered for it. When you turn in a bunch of wood for a botany quest, the curscene shows your logs on a table, same with food. In fact, next time you eat some food, zoom in on your character and you will see the food in their hand as they eat it. Right down to the pumpkin cookies we just got in the Halloween event this week.

I love the idea of culinarians being able to set a table with their dishes.

The exterior customization options of the houses are really well done.

I am very happy with the fact that 85% of the housing items at release will be made by crafters.

And the thought of crafting airships for future content gets me hyped more than it should haha!

I'm so glad this game is what it is. After SWG closed down, i felt like a vagabond hopping from mmo to mmo hoping to get that same feeling of "home". Found it in FFXIV. Happy gamer once again!

• TreespiderTreespider Member Posts: 28

It all sounds good ,but if  is like ffxi it will take years till it all works great.

IMO ,  it will, they will have the housing fine with the abandon homes and take a year to fixed it. Free company houses sound great, yet I can see.  That there will be issues and it not working like we thought it would  and take a year or more to fixed.

I See them over looking  the housing and fixed more of the endgame content 1st. or vise' versa. 

If they have finally grown up . It will be impressive and the FF lore will be unmatched.

Ps. I hope they bring montrosisty to this version of the game sooner , rather then later.  

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Let me know when there's personal housing, then I'll be interested, well if nothing better has came out by then  :)

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• Swedish_ChefSwedish_Chef Member Posts: 213

Six months for individual player housing? Sigh...

I'm curious about the airship content though. How awesome would it be if they added PvE and PvP airship combat to the game similar to Guns of Icarus Online? My God, it would be glorious. Simply glorious!

Granted that's probably not what they mean, but one is allowed to dream, right?

• GregorMcgregorGregorMcgregor Member UncommonPosts: 263

Wake me up when they add real region servers and PC/console 1s get their own too.

Atm one side has a very obvious advantage so pvp will be fun, or hell, or hellish fun!

Player housing sounds great, FC housing sounds great til there is drama, then it will be a s***storm. :(

No trials. No tricks. No traps. No EU-RP server. NO THANKS!

...10% Benevolence, 90% Arrogance in my case!
  • BrynnBrynn Member Posts: 345
    I would still be playing this game if the dungeons weren't mandatory for advancement. Waiting 40  minutes for a team got old.
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Thanks for the coverage! FC housing seems a bit limited with only 30 houses per zone for each free company. So I hope they are referring to 30 different FC houses in a general instance and not 30 houses for each FC in their own personal housing zone (which would be amazing by the way, but a nightmare for bigger free companies).

And as far as the decay effect, a simple login can suffice for refreshing your decay timer. Stay away any longer than 30 days and your house gets demolished and all your items are sent to you via mog mail. Either that or have it directly linked to a paid active FFXIV account. So as long as you're a paying customer and are logging in, your house will remain standing. Stop logging in and you home starts to decay. Unsubscribe and your house decays even more rapidly.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• RhimeRhime Member UncommonPosts: 283

Can someone clear up the upcoming housing for me. I'm a vice leader in my free company and trying to explain all this is has been a challenge.

Is there going to be a main "guildhall" with 30 lots for the first 30 free company takers to "rent"?

This is what I'm understanding, but please post something clear I can take back to the free co...

Thanks!

Rhime

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Originally posted by Rhime

Can someone clear up the upcoming housing for me. I'm a vice leader in my free company and trying to explain all this is has been a challenge.

Is there going to be a main "guildhall" with 30 lots for the first 30 free company takers to "rent"?

This is what I'm understanding, but please post something clear I can take back to the free co...

Thanks!

Rhime

The housing area is instanced. 30 houses per zone. Each FC will have its own house. It won't be 1 FC with 30 houses in a single zone.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Grakulen
    Originally posted by Rhime Can someone clear up the upcoming housing for me. I'm a vice leader in my free company and trying to explain all this is has been a challenge. Is there going to be a main "guildhall" with 30 lots for the first 30 free company takers to "rent"? This is what I'm understanding, but please post something clear I can take back to the free co... Thanks! Rhime
    The housing area is instanced. 30 houses per zone. Each FC will have its own house. It won't be 1 FC with 30 houses in a single zone.

So basically its the same instance as when we get personal housing. Except the entire fc fits into one house. That will be interesting since the 30 lots are pre determined sizes with only 7 of them being large and the majority being small.
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Wow, all this hype over housing and it's not even for individuals?  I eagerly await to see if lots of FC drama crops up as a result of this...
  • iamrtaiamrta Member UncommonPosts: 165
    Originally posted by Brynn
    I would still be playing this game if the dungeons weren't mandatory for advancement. Waiting 40  minutes for a team got old.

This is exactly why I unsubbed. I waited and waited. Never got to play through the first one. Everytime I would log in and wait. Then leave. Did that three times and unsubbed. I don't care what class I play, that shouldn't matter. Feeling discriminated against in a game because I play a certain class is ridiculous. At some point it's just not fun. 

• SpardaXSpardaX Member Posts: 46
    You guys who claim you couldnt enter in the dungeons, because you waited to long, maybe you didnt activate all languages on the queue, maybe you didnt ask for help on your FC, or maybe you just wanted to found an excuse to leave the game, I started this weekend and Im loving the game, If im on queue I can just craft because its fun. Or lvl other class because I can, Yesterday I didnt even queue for the 3ed initial dungeon I spent my night gathering and crafting, that is how fun it really is :)
  • aligada87aligada87 Member UncommonPosts: 234

i dont know if they allow crafting in that area then it probably will be full of crafters. but that segregates other players like dungeon raiders and such. it would be nice to have a populated area that u can call actual neighbors. i wonder how can u keep a housing area populated though besides having crafting area.