Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New WvW achievements punish long time WvW players

TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

With the addition of new achievements in WvW many server now has queues for many hours. PvE players are flocking in to get their achievements and basically telling the WvW players we just want our achievements, couldn't care less about WvW.

This is sad because many a long time WvW players now are finding it impossible to get into the part of the game they have played for a year. I doubt many are going to stick around and start looking for another pvp game to move to.

Comments

• ArtwolfArtwolf Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Ummm, sounds like its working as intended - getting more people into WvW. Its unfortunate they must enforce a queue to maintain performance, but whatcha gonna do? I feel like this PvE vs PvP thing needs to go away - its players wanting to play. Everyone is limited by the queue PvE or PvP.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

Ive been playing in WvW and usually Eternal Battlegrounds since about launch. I initially entered as a tourist type, one you would loathe, but have since become a dedicated WvW player and almost abandoned the PvE side of the game. No doubt there might be a few more players who have such a "road to Damascus"  transformation.  

Regardless this has been going on since launch with people poking their heads in for achievements or just as tourists.  Most of us in WvW ignore these people and concentrate on fighting.  People will play the game the way they want.  I have no problem with this. 

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    The nerve of these people, wanting access to every part of a game that they paid for. Didn't they see the "no casuals" sign on the portal?

• didjeramadidjerama Member Posts: 201
    Originally posted by Artwolf
    Ummm, sounds like its working as intended - getting more people into WvW. Its unfortunate they must enforce a queue to maintain performance, but whatcha gonna do? I feel like this PvE vs PvP thing needs to go away - its players wanting to play. Everyone is limited by the queue PvE or PvP.

Nope, working as intended would be to have queues of people who actually want to play www, not bunch of people who couldnt care less for www.

• RabidMouthRabidMouth Member Posts: 196
    Gasp! Not more wvw participation! That will destroy the game!

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

• ArtwolfArtwolf Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Originally posted by didjerama

Nope, working as intended would be to have queues of people who actually want to play www, not bunch of people who couldnt care less for www.

Come on man, whether these people care more about WvW than you is impossible to tell. Someones in your way, preventing you from doing what you want and you, myself and everyone else has to wait in a queue. Lets yell at ArenaNet about it - don't hate the player, hate the game! =)

• zastenzasten Member Posts: 283

Come on man, whether these people care more about WvW than you is impossible to tell. Someones in your way, preventing you from doing what you want and you, myself and everyone else has to wait in a queue. Lets yell at ArenaNet about it - don't hate the player, hate the game! =)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• dorugudorugu Member UncommonPosts: 184

y dont yu go cry abit to arenanet mebbe theyll  remove the achievements so yu wont ave to "wait" :) 

didnt kno wvw get broken if ppl have to wait abit to enter after all those tht r there as tourists usually dont stay longer thn they have to :)

so get used to it or go buy a server from them :)

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

I also felt punished for playing on a lower population server because our server always get our .... kicked.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by TalulaRose

With the addition of new achievements in WvW many server now has queues for many hours. PvE players are flocking in to get their achievements and basically telling the WvW players we just want our achievements, couldn't care less about WvW.

This is sad because many a long time WvW players now are finding it impossible to get into the part of the game they have played for a year. I doubt many are going to stick around and start looking for another pvp game to move to.

What's sad is you keep make posts like this ....since you don't like the game move on no need to keep trying to spread your gloom and doom feelings . Are you trying to say having queues  is a bad thing for the WvW  or perhaps only certain folks should be welcome to play WvW during the first tournament season? I'm pretty sure there were free transfers to all the medium population servers before this weeks update so I'm sure real hardcore WvW folks had there chance to move around , the fact remains the top populated (and rated )servers already had queues  and 24/7 coverage .

I do blame ANet, and thats exactly what my post is about. Its same crap as www jumping puzzles which had more PvEers tha PvPers in them just because Anet....and their stuff. This is no different.

They did "remove" EB jumping puzzle in the end so it doesnt effect queues any more. Wonder how will they "remove" this one though.

Unfortunately they dropped a ball on this one.

• WarbandWarband Member UncommonPosts: 723

I do blame ANet, and thats exactly what my post is about. Its same crap as www jumping puzzles which had more PvEers tha PvPers in them just because Anet....and their stuff. This is no different.

They did "remove" EB jumping puzzle in the end so it doesnt effect queues any more. Wonder how will they "remove" this one though.

Hahahahahaha, are you seriously complaining about the fact that so many players are joining up to play WvW. Man I've seen it all. You want A-Net to not incentivise people to play your game mode because well you've played it longer despite the fact the whole point of the game mode is to have as many members of the server participating as possible.  Do you realise how immature that sounds. Popular things have queues, it's just something you have to deal with and it's an issue that'll lessen over time.

Just be glad there's enough people actually playing the game for this to be a problem rather than the game virtually being dead like many mmo's are which makes the purpose of large scale combat kinda pointless.

Originally posted by Warband

Hahahahahaha, are you seriously complaining about the fact that so many players are joining up to play WvW. Man I've seen it all. You want A-Net to not incentivise people to play your game mode because well you've played it longer despite the fact the whole point of the game mode is to have as many members of the server participating as possible.  Do you realise how immature that sounds. Popular things have queues, it's just something you have to deal with and it's an issue that'll lessen over time.

Just be glad there's enough people actually playing the game for this to be a problem rather than the game virtually being dead like many mmo's are which makes the purpose of large scale combat kinda pointless.

Them playng www is same as me afking in raids.

You really dont seem to grasp the issue.

Noone should be glad with funneling a bunch of people that dont give a shit about www in www.

And you mixed what is popular in this case. EB puzzle is out of www. THATS the proof. But i have a feeling you dont really know what im talking about.

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

Noone should be glad with funneling a bunch of people that dont give a shit about www in www.

And you mixed what is popular in this case. EB puzzle is out of www. THATS the proof. But i have a feeling you dont really know what im talking about.

....AND they will never give a shit about WvWvW until they get in there and play some. Maybe PvE Players completing achievements will do just that.... attracting some of them to play WvWvW. Maybe just maybe they will try out actual WvWvW gameplay while they are in there and like it. That would be a GOOD thing.

Unless of course your real complaint is that NOW the "balance" is disturbed, that an influx of new Players is an unknown quantity and you can't predict the outcomes as easily now.... and if that is your real complaint than maybe it was indeed time for WvWvW to be shaken up a bit, maybe even stirred as well.

Besides the PvE Players you refer to, WvWvW lost quite a few PvP Players not because they didn't enjoy it but because they felt there was no sense of accomplishment, no rewards for participating in WvWvW... what about those Players?.... if this achievement system satisfies those PvP Player who left is it then a BAD thing?

How about all them bright shiny new PvE Targets, I mean Players.... fresh meat for the Zerg. Yum.

I am a narrow minded dork when it comes to games like GW2, but even I see this Achievement system is a feature that is at least worth trying out for a bit. It might end up being a positive. Give it time for the dust to settle.

Originally posted by Gardavsshade

....AND they will never give a shit about WvWvW until they get in there and play some. Maybe PvE Players completely achievements will do just that.... attract some of them to play WvWvW. That would be a GOOD thing. Maybe just maybe they will try out actual WvWvW gameplay while they are in there.

Besides, WvWvW lost quite a few Players not because they didn't enjoy it but because they felt there was no accomplishment, to rewards for particiapting in WvWvW... what about those Players?.... if this achievement system satisfies those PvP Player who left is it then a BAD thing?

I am a narrow minded dork when it comes to games like GW2, but even I see this Achievement system as a feature that is worth trying out for a bit. It might end up being a positive. Give it time for the dust to settle.

Yup, all those PvEers that were clogging queues in jumping puzzles added to www immensly.....not lol

But yes, ill leave you thinking that having a bunch of people in  www who dont give a shit for www, preventing those who do give a shit from playing is good thing. I mean, its not like it didnt happen before already, right? lol

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Originally posted by Omali
    The nerve of these people, wanting access to every part of a game that they paid for. Didn't they see the "no casuals" sign on the portal?

Was just about to mention something similar, but i think this quote will do just fine :)

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.

....AND they will never give a shit about WvWvW until they get in there and play some. Maybe PvE Players completely achievements will do just that.... attract some of them to play WvWvW. That would be a GOOD thing. Maybe just maybe they will try out actual WvWvW gameplay while they are in there.

Besides, WvWvW lost quite a few Players not because they didn't enjoy it but because they felt there was no accomplishment, to rewards for particiapting in WvWvW... what about those Players?.... if this achievement system satisfies those PvP Player who left is it then a BAD thing?

I am a narrow minded dork when it comes to games like GW2, but even I see this Achievement system as a feature that is worth trying out for a bit. It might end up being a positive. Give it time for the dust to settle.

Yup, all those PvEers that were clogging queues in jumping puzzles added to www immensly.....not lol

But yes, ill leave you thinking that having a bunch of people in  www who dont give a shit for www, preventing those who do give a shit from playing is good thing. I mean, its not like it didnt happen before already, right? lol

Go ahead... keep on complaining.... the more you do the less I want to support WvWvW and the less I have any sympathy for PvP Players and their opinions.

And as a side note I have always supported PvP and especially RvR style PvP in MMOs. I love WvWvW but I am too old and too slow now with my disability to play WvWvW so don't think for a second I don't like WvWvW. I love it... I just got tired of giving the opposing Worlds an easy kill.

So what would I do if I wanted these so called horrible PvE Players off my WvWvW server? I would wait in the queue, get in and then I would do what PvPers do to PvE that get lost in PvP zones.... make them take so many dirt naps that they give up on completing their achievements and go back to PvE Land.

That's what you have to do. That will fix this... trust me them PvE Players don't like dirt naps. Problem solved.

You may not like what Anet did, but PvP Players can fix this themselves. (If I felt as you do and if I was still PvPing this is what I would be doing.)

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271

An astounding number of you misunderstood completely.

The issue is that people drawn in by these achievements are VOCAL about how they only came for the achievement and have no intention to contribute to the fight.

This is a hilariously bad design decision akin to how PVP gear used to be useful for PVE in WoW and we had PVErs standing around useless and typing in chat how PVPers are stupid.

Funnier still is how a lot of you missed the OPs point .

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407

Having a Que for WvW is ridicioulus, why couldn't they just make it from the start like warhammer or daoc, that you can just enter a WvW area from any pvp area without any limits and stuff.

Maybe they want to regulate the fairness of teams on each side? but whats the point more people more fun

• rafalex007rafalex007 Member Posts: 244

so let me get this right, when Anet focus on pve people scream out loud  : WHAT About WvW.

And Now When Anet adds new things for WvW, people say WHy

this site proved alot of facts for me for example : never listen to customers When making a product (notice i said making not improving)

Originally posted by rafalex007

so let me get this right, when Anet focus on pve people scream out loud  : WHAT About WvW.

this site proved alot of facts for me for example : never listen to customers When making a product (notice i said making not improving)

Careful.... saying "never listen to customers when making a product" is just as much an extreme as the old rule of thumb that says "the customer is always right". Both are extremes. The truth, if there is any, is somewhere between those two.

Some customers you never listen to.... some you do. The trick is figuring out which ones are which.

They didnt add anything to www....

Go ahead... keep on complaining.... the more you do the less I want to support WvWvW and the less I have any sympathy for PvP Players and their opinions.

And as a side note I have always supported PvP and especially RvR style PvP in MMOs. I love WvWvW but I am too old and too slow now with my disability to play WvWvW so don't think for a second I don't like WvWvW. I love it... I just got tired of giving the opposing Worlds an easy kill.

So what would I do if I wanted these so called horrible PvE Players off my WvWvW server? I would wait in the queue, get in and then I would do what PvPers do to PvE that get lost in PvP zones.... make them take so many dirt naps that they give up on completing their achievements and go back to PvE Land.

That's what you have to do. That will fix this... trust me them PvE Players don't like dirt naps. Problem solved.

You may not like what Anet did, but PvP Players can fix this themselves. (If I felt as you do and if I was still PvPing this is what I would be doing.)

And in what meaningful ways this adds to www? oh i know, it doesnt. So, now you have a bunch of disgrunteled PvEers (as you had with world map/legendry completition) that cant get their achievemnts and bunch of wwwers that are fed up with "fixing" ANets crap)

But yah, i guess lose-lose is the way to go.

I guess afking at Tequatl is the great thing to do also!

• rafalex007rafalex007 Member Posts: 244

They didnt add anything to www....

achivments they add those (along with the new wvw season and maps they have to add those yet)

but achivments are considered something right ?

if not then the hole thread is pointless..!