Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WAR CLAN

You guys witnessed the death of a great pvp game. Don't let another die.

Come play Darkfall Unholy Wars.

Seriously, it's a game built around open world pvp, city building, and seiging.

Darkfall needs subs. This is your next home!!

I would really like to see a WAR clan unite and come to conquer Agon.

Comments

• ringdanyringdany Member UncommonPosts: 189

any news on the corruption scandal where the devs were found ot be giving out items to friends who sold them to players for real money?.... also im not so sure pay to play is worthwhile on darkfall.

but it is a very detailed and rich game. yea u can even go on ships (i think even darkfall 1 had ships). its probably not for me though cos i dont really like action combat or the perspective setup of darkfall 1.

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

That "scandal" is news to me.
    In beta they gave out houses and ships for promotional purposes. The items were wiped at the end of beta.

• ringdanyringdany Member UncommonPosts: 189

it sounds like something for the fraud squad to me. not going to get involved with developers like this :-

http://www.reddit.com/r/Darkfall/comments/1ljhew/state_of_the_game/

"Back from Darkfall 1.0 many of us started noticed certain "players" (called DOCs) selling obscene amounts of rare materials on real money auction sites. Amounts that gave a clear indication of hacking or "insider trading" from someone from AV or a Rogue GM trying to make some money. "

very suspicious behaviour and apparently, Darkfall 1's playerbase was treated the same way.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
    In all reality, the entire economy is crafting based.
    If you lose a gear bag in Darkfall, it's not a big deal because you'll have 20 more in the bank.

Most people don't grief new players, and there is very little grind to be "PvP ready".

Players form multi-clan alliances and shape the political map. Darkfall has a reputation for having a toxic community, but in my experience the toxicity comes from a vocal minority who doesn't play and wants to see the game fail.

When I think of the WAR community, I think of a small niche group who likes PvP and doesn't care what the mainstream says. I think WAR players would find a great home in Darkfall.
  • gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Lustmord maybe you can list some Darkfall clan and their site in here. My understanding is there are a large selection everything from casual to hardcore accommodating all play style.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

DF? no ty.

Also.... IMO indie games do not cost the same as AAA games. They are indie for a reason.... and the  price is the result of that reason. This mmo could be potentially more accepted as a $5 bucks / month sub.

gotta lol at an indie charging the same as WoW and the other big guys.

Anyway... RIP WAR... hopefully a better company gets the hold of the license and make a good WAR mmorpg.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by rojo6934

DF? no ty.

Also.... IMO indie games do not cost the same as AAA games. They are indie for a reason.... and the  price is the result of that reason. This mmo could be potentially more accepted as a $5 bucks / month sub.

gotta lol at an indie charging the same as WoW and the other big guys.

Anyway... RIP WAR... hopefully a better company gets the hold of the license and make a good WAR mmorpg.

DF is a premium product.  The Giant world of Agon  is easily one of the best handcrafted game worlds you will experience.  The freedom is breath of fresh air as well.  Some Warhammer players who choose to play Darkfall will see the depth and complexity that WAR couldn't offer.  Others players will choose a more safe route and play a game like GW2.

I'm having so much fun over all these years in DF1 and now DFUW.  A lot of that depends on the people you play with.  So people do come over, get in a clan that fits you, or if you have a lot of people start your own clan and try to get into certain alliances.

Last night I had a blast.  About 10 of us went to an enemy clan and started blowing shit up and essentially stirred up a hornets nest.  I missed that part when I logged in but we were fully expecting retaliation and they came back to our city in force.  They started trying to blow up the walls.  Little did they know we had a lot of people hiding on the walls waiting for them to bunch up.  We had like 6 water mages, which when we coordinated the spike virtually wiped them out. 

I have more memory moments in Darkfall than any other MMO.  People really need to lose the attitude and give it a shot. 

PS:  The sub model is still the best payment model for the player. 

Edit:  Here is the video from last night of the story I mentioned.  My very first video ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LqtyQSm4pM

Well, I know Darktide represents old AC players.

And Wish We Were In Trammel represents old UO players.

If a Warhammer clan was represented in Darkfall, it would easily find an alliance to help them acclimate to the game and siege a holding.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Looting of all your items means I will NEVER play this game.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Originally posted by Badaboom

I have more memory moments in Darkfall than any other MMO.  People really need to lose the attitude and give it a shot. 

Even though I only played the new DF for the first month after launch I would say that is completely true for me for DF1.  While there were some things to complain about the memories are great.  

In a themepark game you have the same experience as pretty much everyone else.  Even if you start Darkfall the same way. . and in the same spot you are going to have vastly different experiences when you play.

I just can't get into the new one sadly.  I would have rather had them fix the first.  I could see WAR players liking it.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Originally posted by Shadanwolf

jeeze.. So you lose a sword and some armor.

What's the big deal if you have 20 more sets in the bank?

People have been asking for meaningful pvp for years. Well, here it is- reward and consequence.

• mmochallengemmochallenge Member Posts: 11

Here is a video showing different aspect of the game.  

Take the 30 days MMO Challenge!

That's an awesome video.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Originally posted by Lustmord
    That's an awesome video.

If that is the best DF have to offer... .. .

Holy mother of buggy glitchy messes.

Good to see the game has not really improved since the old days.

This have been a good conversation

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

People have been asking for meaningful pvp for years. Well, here it is- reward and consequence.

If it's shouldn't be such a big deal to the person losing their gear because it's just crap...Why should it matter if you get to loot it or not?  I mean it's nothing gear because you have more in your bank, so what's the point in being able to loot it, if it's kinda worthless?

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• MMORPGtesterMMORPGtester Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Originally posted by The1ceQueen

If it's shouldn't be such a big deal to the person losing their gear because it's just crap...Why should it matter if you get to loot it or not?  I mean it's nothing gear because you have more in your bank, so what's the point in being able to loot it, if it's kinda worthless?

Its the way the players that have been playing it for a long time can come along to someone new who has been trying to get there first set, kill them and take it from them to keep them down. I attempted this game, no one for a long time bothered me. once I got full set of gear however. Someone one shot me and people rushed to take my stuff. So I quit. Not my cup of tea. Its not the players that will kill this game. it's the rule set they decided to go with "minority".

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by tawess
    That's an awesome video.

Took the words out of my mouth. That video is prime example of why I can not go back and play it. It is great to see that a group of people can get past all that glitchy/buggy mess, but I can not.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

Looks like a lot of boat issues.  I rarely encounter an huge issues on land.  You either want a game with consequences or not.  The rewards are much sweeter when there are real failures.  No other game like it out there currently.  And the game world is second to none.  I've seen more awe inspiring sunrises/sunsets in this game than any other.

I recommend the game to old school MMO players that are looking for that sense of danger and risk vs reward.  It actually reminds me a lot of EQ1 even though this is PvP danger not PvE danger.  Also Crafting and gathering are important unlike most other MMO's out there.   Even as a PvE person I'm having fun sneaking around solo or small group PvEing and gathering/crafting.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

The game died because of what it was

and what it was not

the market spoke and delivered a verdict

Thank goodness we still have the freedom to choose the games we will, and wont play.

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Originally posted by tawess
    That's an awesome video.

Is that really the best you have for criticism?  You understand that they video that glitch on purpose for this video right? 

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

Originally posted by The1ceQueen

losing your gear can sting.. I ain't gonna lie.

But it doesn't hurt. It isn't crippling.

Sometimes you win a little, sometimes you lose a little.

Sometimes you win big, sometimes you lose big.

It's part of the game, and it creates the same kind of meaninful pvp that people have been begging for since UO.

Originally posted by Mardukk

I recommend the game to old school MMO players that are looking for that sense of danger and risk vs reward.  It actually reminds me a lot of EQ1 even though this is PvP danger not PvE danger.  Also Crafting and gathering are important unlike most other MMO's out there.   Even as a PvE person I'm having fun sneaking around solo or small group PvEing and gathering/crafting.

Yes, I often think if UO and EQ1 had a baby, they would name it Darkfall: Unholy Wars.