Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Live Forum Q&A Warhammer 40 000: Eternal Crusade

BehaviourDevTeamBehaviourDevTeam WH40k: Eternal CrusadeMember Posts: 38

Greeting Crusaders

This is the thread for the upcoming Warhammer 40 000 : Eternal Crusade Q&A. Starting at 4pm EDT, we’ll be available to answer any of your questions for about an hour.

Here are the team members available to answer your questions- we’ll preface each answer with the name of the developer who’s responding.

Miguel Caron: Head of the Online Studio at behaviour

David Ghozland: Creative Director

Brent Ellison: Lead Game Designer

Patrick Balthazar: Lead Game Programmer

Steven Lumpkin: Lead Level Designer

Nicolas Brunoni: Lead Interface Designer

Feel free to ask us any questions you may have about Eternal Crusade.

Additionally, we’re ready to tell you a little more about the way Vehicles are being designed.  Here’s what Brent Ellison has to say on the subject:

Vehicles are an essential part of the 40k universe, and therefore they play a crucial role in the ebb and flow of Eternal Crusade. At the same time, this is an infantry game first and foremost, and to that end we want to avoid the vehicle spam scenario that sometimes becomes a feature of wargames of this type.

Although spawning a vehicle is simply a matter of calling one down at the appropriate locations, it’s a choice worth some thought due to the cost involved and the differing tactical capability between the various options. Furthermore, you need to have the manpower to make a powerful tank effective - in most circumstances a Predator isn’t going to be worth its cost if you’re running it alone. We want vehicles to be social experiences and this applies to both filling out seats as well as customizing its appearance and capabilities with your squad.

On behalf of the Warhammer 40 000 : Eternal Crusade team, I’m happy to welcome you in our upcoming Q&A, at 4 pm EDT !

Mathieu Fecteau

Associate Producer

Warhammer 40 000 : Eternal Crusade

Behaviour Interactive

www.eternalcrusade.com

Comments

• SavijSavij Member Posts: 341

WIll all classes have an option to damage and finaly kill a tank?

or will just the heavy classes do this job?

How big will the crew be for a predator?

when will we see a real ingame video?^^

be always up to date about Eternal Crusade
    WH40k:EC dev Tracker

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337
    EternalCrusader.com Savij

• grigdushergrigdusher Member UncommonPosts: 139

When the first preorder/crowdfunding/early buy will take place indicatively? before of after the betas?

When the pool for the fifth sub faction will appear? all togheter or one race a time?

war 40K Eternal Crusade: refferal 4$ bonus: EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I

• goobetgoobet Member Posts: 1

First off, shout out to Steve Lumpkin for his awesome work GM'ing Roleplay: Dark Heresy!

My Question: On the Chaos side of things, do you have any plans as to how mutations and gifts might work (if there are in the game at all?). Will there be a class that specifically uses mutations as a mechanic, ala Marauder from WAR or would it be more suited as a progression reward for CSM players.

Thanks!

• MerkethyMerkethy Member UncommonPosts: 23
    What sort of zones can we expect in the game? what kind of natural vistas will we be travelling/fighting through.
  • WolffkranWolffkran Member Posts: 3

So two questions, respectively.

First, since I haven't seen it asked in the last Q&A, and I don't know if there's a rule against asking: Is there going to be a closed alpha soon? I feel like everyone on the forums is salivating over being able to get their butts in the game even if it's a heavily incomplete version.

And second, any plans on Daemonic summoning on the end of chaos? I already realize why this would be avoided in general so a simple yes or no will suffice :)

• DeathTrap89DeathTrap89 Member Posts: 2

Are you going to be able to form temporary alliances with another faction, or even just an individual group from another faction to help take an objective from one of the other factions?

Are there any plans for player housing? You had mentioned calling in vehicles from orbit, possibly having some form of guild ships that carried your specific vehicles with your upgrades and clan markings and whatnot, that also had guild housing on it? 

Possibility of playing as a Grey Knight? :D

Are the factions going to be pretty close to mirrored, class wise? Or are they going to be somewhat asymmetrical and play fairly different from each other, while still maintaining the traditional roles required for balanced groups?

• materscoutmaterscout Member Posts: 6
    1. I know this is more of a Planet side MMO but will there be player housing, a place where I can show off my kills, like will I be able to mount heads of people I have killed make things to put into my house and so forth
    2.  What are you planes on guilds/clans and the like will they have a clan house or ship (sense the there is space we could have a droop ship :D )
    3. Will it be on open world
    4. What do you have in the works for upgrades, via weapon’s and cosmetics
  • materscoutmaterscout Member Posts: 6
    1. Can I upgrade the weapon’s let’s say from a cannon to a mortar?  And how can you upgrade them so they can shoot farther, will it be a skill basses or is it just buy an attachment and your ready to go?
  • BatpimpBatpimp Member UncommonPosts: 29

most of your questions have already been answered by patrick. check out this link made by Savvj

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/954/view/forums/thread/390775/Dev-Tracker.html

90% of your questions have been answered.

• AugustSunAugustSun Member Posts: 1

Hey there guys! I have a few questions for you guys, and hopefully they can be answered.

• Will there be benefits for group play? More on that, will there be more benefits for guilds/groups?
    • While you will have to choose a chapter to be a part of in the game, there are many sub-chapters for them. Is there any chance that we would be able to re-skin for those sub-chapters?
    • Are classes going to be evolutionary? (e.g. Assault marines go to Vanguard Veterans, and the like)
    • What are some vehicles we should expect?
    • Will there be a potential for permanent installments for guilds/groups (e.g. A strike cruiser, battlekroozer, etc.)
    ?I'll come up with more, hopefully!
  • guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350

1: will gretchin be possibly added to the game? and if so could get  get vehciles unique to them? for example a Killa-Kan or be able to pilot a Grot-bomb?

2: Could you reward things like transportation of troops?  I know that driving war trukks and APCs may seem dull, but maybe provide an incentive for thoes drivers to ferry troops around the battlefield.  Afterall it may/or may not be a fun job, but its a job that needs doing!

3:how are you looking to add dreadnaught in the game?

4 would you possibly have ragdolls in the game?  I know in Mount&blade they had ragdoll physics in extremly high number and were still able to function,  I imagine if implement in your game in the same way, you could get the  same result. 

It..Burns..

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

1. When do you think we will actually get to see some gameplay.

2. How will you be able to keep players staying with your game long term.

3. Will there be any crafting in the game and if so what can we expect ?

• DeathTrap89DeathTrap89 Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Batpimp

most of your questions have already been answered by patrick. check out this link made by Savvj

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/954/view/forums/thread/390775/Dev-Tracker.html

So they have, thanks for the link! Hadn't been able to keep up with all the info yet.

• Valrak40kValrak40k Member UncommonPosts: 77

Hey Chaps, Chapter Master Valkr here.

The question I wanted to ask is about group pre-order, Miguel stated in an interview that there would be a system in place for this. Can you go into more details about what benefits/bonus stuff we can get if we group order the game with friends?

Thanks for you time :)

• DreawingDreawing Member Posts: 362

Here are my questions. 

- How many zones will there be and how big will they be and will they be instance or wow like. 

- will there be naval combat ? Air combat. etc like airplanes etc. ?

- will there be turrets?

- Will we see iconic characters and how will you apply to them. etc like having kharn being a super beast that kills everything?

- how will exploration work in game? will there be P.O.I - Point of interest , map completion . etc.

- will there be achievements. 

- How will NPCs work in the game. Will there be a crap load of orkz that will help the player ork army fight other factions. Will there be NPCs in bases and etc.

- Dungeons?

- how much can we customize, can we put skulls on your characters and trophies. 

- How will we take over bases or supply lines. Will it be a area you stand in? have to kill a commander to change it?  Take control of the whole base, wipe everything that is in there? Also will things be destroy able- etc walls, barrels /

- Will it be 24 hr day time and night time. How will day time fight be different to night time fighting.  Will bullets and bombs light up the sky? What will weather system be like? can weather system change outcome of the fight. etc fog, Rain , smoke, Fire , blizzard.

and thank you for answering my questions. I can't wait for this game!

• LizburnLizburn Member Posts: 1
    I know some people have been asking about this, but I'll say it anyway. Will we be seeing different genders in the game? IG gets female and male soldiers, Eldar as well. Just a thought.
    Originally posted by Dreawing

Here are my questions. 

- How many zones will there be and how big will they be and will they be instance or wow like. 

- will there be naval combat ? Air combat. etc like airplanes etc. ?

- will there be turrets?

- Will we see iconic characters and how will you apply to them. etc like having kharn being a super beast that kills everything?

- how will exploration work in game? will there be P.O.I - Point of interest , map completion . etc.

- will there be achievements. 

- How will NPCs work in the game. Will there be a crap load of orkz that will help the player ork army fight other factions. Will there be NPCs in bases and etc.

- Dungeons?

- how much can we customize, can we put skulls on your characters and trophies. 

- How will we take over bases or supply lines. Will it be a area you stand in? have to kill a commander to change it?  Take control of the whole base, wipe everything that is in there? Also will things be destroy able- etc walls, barrels /

- Will it be 24 hr day time and night time. How will day time fight be different to night time fighting.  Will bullets and bombs light up the sky? What will weather system be like? can weather system change outcome of the fight. etc fog, Rain , smoke, Fire , blizzard.

and thank you for answering my questions. I can't wait for this game!

• SavairSavair Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Can you confirm the Engine you are using yet?
  • JulkulaJulkula Member Posts: 21
    When will you announce more information about Eldars and Chaos factions ? =)
  • AlfabusaAlfabusa Member Posts: 3

Greetings!

I just would like you to boast alittle with this post. Currently, what do you think is your greatest feat within the game's development, and do you think this game will be well-recieved by the 40k-community (including the purists that think bending the lore of the game is extremely heretical)?

Originally posted by AugustSun

Hey there guys! I have a few questions for you guys, and hopefully they can be answered.

• Will there be benefits for group play? More on that, will there be more benefits for guilds/groups?
    • While you will have to choose a chapter to be a part of in the game, there are many sub-chapters for them. Is there any chance that we would be able to re-skin for those sub-chapters?
    • Are classes going to be evolutionary? (e.g. Assault marines go to Vanguard Veterans, and the like)
    • What are some vehicles we should expect?
    • Will there be a potential for permanent installments for guilds/groups (e.g. A strike cruiser, battlekroozer, etc.)
    ?I'll come up with more, hopefully!

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Thanks Behaviour for taking the time to engage with the fans and be honest about develop and what sort of game you're making. I'm thankful you're taking WH40K and attempting to find a match to the MMO space.

1) The actiony combat and 4+1 Factions sounds like fun intense in the moment gameplay. But how do you foresee retention of players in the long-term? I know you've mentioned Campaigns but how do battles have a meaningful impact from battle to battle and territory and resources claimed for the player population? I mean will players gain a sense of conquering and claiming whole planets or galaxies and having to run their war effort strategically for eg?

2) Similar question but how do you envisage retention for the individual player progression in one faction? Eg Eldar from Guardian to Aspect Warrior to Exarch to what? Leader?

3) FireFall had a great mechanic with the soaring in the sky thing that reminded straightaway of Eldar Swooping Hawks. Will Swooping Hawks be able to travel like this high high up in the sky over the battle-field as deep penetration troops?

Thanks and impressed with some of your core designs so far and attempting to translate the IP into a suitable gameplay form in the MMO space. image

• ChaosLordAadilChaosLordAadil Member Posts: 2

Hello there, Chaos Lord Aadil here from the EC forums, I just want to start with, I am a big fan of Warhammer 40k. I love everything you have done so far, I love the website, I love the voice acting, I love the forums, I love the art, I love the moderaters espcially for appearing online everyday and being there for when we need them. ;)

Anyways, I was wondering, who is going to be behind the music of the game? I mean who is currently going to create the music for the game? Would it be possible if we could just hear a little snip of their soundtrack of the game so far? 

Also, will the devs themselves be taking part in battles? Or anyone from Behaviour contributing to the battle when the game does release?

Another question, will we see more artwork being released? Can we have a sneak peak at the next work of art?

Will it be possible to run the game on lower spec computer, then the specs of the Xbox one so that more people can particpate in the battles? 

Another thing, since you've including a picture of the Blood Gorgon on your twitter and on your website, will the Blood Gorgons be one of the chaos legions?

Will it be possible to collect skulls from your enemies? Or collect armor or any other item?

Would it be possible to ascend to daemonhood in the game, or is that a bit to over the top?

How many Tyranids will be on each map? (rough estimation or the exact number if you have it)

Another question I've been wondering, who's the person who voices the chaos voice on the EC homepage? and while I'm at it, which people did the voices for the Space marine, ork and eldar on the EC homepage as well?

I know these are a lot of question but I really appreciate it if you have the time to answer them ^^

• SpookygearSpookygear Member Posts: 1

A bit of a similar question that i see coming back here and there but oh so important to me.

With only 1 of the 4 factions offering a possible option for female toons, how will the game include let say female gamers who would rather be able to keep their gender in any chosen factions without breaking the so holy fluff? ( I'm no talking of that grotesque idea of female sm and such but more of chapter serfs, imperial guards and chaos cultists and such.)

And also, why not nids as a player race?  They are the cutest bunch!

• OsafinyOsafiny Member Posts: 1

I'm hyped for what you guys are doing, and I can tell you guys have a healthy love of the lore.  I'll be rooting for you all the way to the finish line.

I have one simple question and one slightly more involved in-game mechanics question.

Firstly, are you guys planning to do an open beta at any point in the development process, and if you are how specific can you be about when it'll go live?
      (I understand that it's a long shot to ask about something so far in the future, but it can't hurt!)

Secondly, Augmentation is a huge part of the lore in many factions.  Are things like Cybork Bitz and Mechadendrites going to be implemented, and and how-so?  Equipment maybe?  Semi-permanent upgrades?

This discussion has been closed.