Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is it worth paying FFXIV per month ?

hey guys I was wondering eve sins FFXIV was on CBT if its worth paying it per monthe I checked the suncritons on the site and its 15 euro.s per month okay that's a reasonable price I gues but on the otherside I have to pay bills like life insurance driving lessons my internet soooo idk im realy wanna play FFXIV looks cool even on lowest graphics >_> but is it worth that's the question any advice guys ?

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

That depends on you.

If you can't afford it anyway, then no, no game is worth not paying your life insurance or rent or tuition.

But, the way I look at it: I can go out and have a nice dinner and watch a movie in the theatre, and have fun for a couple of hours. Or I can spend the exact same amount on 3 months of subscription to FFXIV, and have fun for as many hours as you can spare for 3 months.

My wife likes the former, I enjoy the latter. So I don't get to watch any movies I want to watch when we go out, but at least I get to play FFXIV when I get home.

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

If those 15 euros per month are going to affect your ability to pay other bills, buy food, or impact any other necessary expenditures.... then no.

If you enjoy the game, wish to continue playing, and have 15 euros to spare per month.... then yes.

• brahimosbrahimos Member Posts: 4
    well the efforting aint the problem i mean okay im 20 and work in a supermarket but hey i don't complain i must be happy to have a job in these hard days but i just don't know is it worth it i loved the game at the CBT =S
  • RabidMouthRabidMouth Member Posts: 196
    I'm sort of scared that you would even consider not paying your bills to play a game... 

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

uhm why scared i can at least try to pay the game and my other stuff......i can always quit my subscriton right ? or i can find a crack version but i think that wouldn't help much always those freaking annoying surveys that dousnt even work >_>
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Considering that you can buy around 3-4 AAA quality games on Steam , each month for that amount of money.

Is it really worth 15eu ?

Like for example I got:  Batman Arkham City , X-Com Enemy Unknown GOTY , GTA IV GOTY  -- For same amount you are going to pay for subscription , after you payed for full game too.

Kind of puts all that subscription cost in perspective , does it not ?

• RabidMouthRabidMouth Member Posts: 196
    Originally posted by brahimos
    uhm why scared i can at least try to pay the game and my other stuff......i can always quit my subscriton right ? or i can find a crack version but i think that wouldn't help much always those freaking annoying surveys that dousnt even work >_>

Crack version? Pretty sure that is not even possible. Cost of living comes first. If you can't cover all your bills and play then you should not play at all.

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Lobotomist
    Considering that you can buy around 3-4 AAA quality games on Steam , each month for that amount of money.Is it really worth 15eu ?Like for example I got:  Batman Arkham City , X-Com Enemy Unknown GOTY , GTA IV GOTY  -- For same amount you are going to pay for subscription , after you payed for full game too.Kind of puts all that subscription cost in perspective , does it not ?

Yeah but what if you are in the mood for a new Final Fantasy MMO? Those are some great deals, but I don't typically say to myself, "Boy I could sure go for some final fantasy style crafting but that 13 dollars... oh look X-Com!"

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    well the efforting aint the problem i mean okay im 20 and work in a supermarket but hey i don't complain i must be happy to have a job in these hard days but i just don't know is it worth it i loved the game at the CBT =S

Then yes it's worth it. The whole point of disposable income is to spend it on things you enjoy doing. So if you have enough..spend it on that.

But remember this is a gaming site....I could think of many ways you could make better use of limited funds than spending it on a game but....you didn't ask and this isn't the place to get that type of advice.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Wife and I are having a lot of fun. Dungeons are no cake walk past level 30 like most MMOs and PUGs need to work together or fail. So for now my wife and I will keep paying. Sub games are worth subbing till their not =-) I have to admit if a F2P game comes out that gives me the same level of fun at a better price I will walk away. Till then its really fun game.
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Wife and I are having a lot of fun. Dungeons are no cake walk past level 30 like most MMOs and PUGs need to work together or fail. So for now my wife and I will keep paying. Sub games are worth subbing till their not =-) I have to admit if a F2P game comes out that gives me the same level of fun at a better price I will walk away. Till then its really fun game.

Duh same amount of fun for free as opposed to 10/month. 

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Aori
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Then yes it's worth it. The whole point of disposable income is to spend it on things you enjoy doing. So if you have enough..spend it on that.

But remember this is a gaming site....I could think of many ways you could make better use of limited funds than spending it on a game but....you didn't ask and this isn't the place to get that type of advice.

You're confused disposable income is for your livelihood. Discretionary income is for play or rainy day money.

As for the OP, if you have to ask it probably isn't worth spending your money.

I always hate finding out a term you've been using for years is actually incorrect....or not what you thought it meant. Thx for pointing that out.

• Beyond_EterniaBeyond_Eternia Member UncommonPosts: 102

I have had fun with the game so far. I find it more rewarding than f2p in every way. Just my opinion

Time you enjoy wasting...is not wasted time
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

IMO

Real Life needs come first.There are plenty of ftp games.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Depends on how you enjoy the game. If you enjoy the less 'hold your hands type' then this game will probably appeal more to you, granted it does fall into some of those trappings itself. Mostly its about how you felt about the game. Personally, I (surprisingly) was greatly entertained by the game and found it very enjoyable to play. It has that 'old school' feel but being updated. Not without its flaws mind you, but hey all games have flaws.

I'd say it comes down to your impatience. I know most MMO players have ADD (I have it too now, damn games have given me it) so you might not like the over abundance of content its lacking at the opening, but given your fine with it and you can sap time into the game waiting I'd say pay away, otherwise perhaps wait till the next patch for the new raid to be added before stepping foot inside.

• unrealunreal Member Posts: 53
    It's 11 euro/month if you only play one character on one server
  • HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by unreal
    It's 11 euro/month if you only play one character on one server

So basically everyone unless you're really concerned about being able to cap your endgame gears for 2+ jobs faster than everyone else.

Alts are frankly meaningless in this game.

So why are we talking about 15/month again? Personally I'm playing 9 euros a month for the 3 month sub. Then I will take the December off probably. Otherwise this massive financial burden imposed on me would probably make me go bankrupt.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
    wait there is an 9 EUro option ? lol i didnt know  that =S
  • orcbumorcbum Member Posts: 4
    Currently it isn't worth subbing considering the incredibly limited end-game content. If you enjoy fate-grinding to level up alt classes and the crafting system while waiting for the patch, then sub away.
  • VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

15 bucks a month is cheap as far as all entertainment is concerned.

However, 13-15 bucks a month is getting more and more difficult to justify for ANY game, regardless of quality. Netflix, PS+, Steam, gamefly, etc. all provide digital entertainment for

I don't see any harm in checking out ARR for a month. If you want to continue the experience and feel like the money is worth it, don't hesitate or let anyone stop you.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by apocoluster
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

Duh same amount of fun for free as opposed to 10/month. 

OMFG!   I was always told that sub based games had loyal followers who don't flit between games!! 

I am so confused !  :(

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• didjeramadidjerama Member Posts: 201

None of sub games are worth a sub (EvE may be exception, no box cost and free updates/expansions)

Unless you "must" play certain skin (WoW/FF/SW) many equally good options out there.

If you venture beyond MMOs....pretty much anything will beat repeating same instance for gear for...months :)