Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HYPE KLLER: TESO will NOT feature The House of Earthly Delights (Confirmed)

jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

Im stunned, honestly.

"...(We)are dedicated to making a family friendly Elder Scrolls experiance...and with that you can only have so many options concerning blood, gore, and of course sexualization of elves and lizardfolk...We talked early in development of the possibilties of "Other Kinds of Role-Playing"...

Similar to what we saw with the (in)famous Goldshire Inn from the incredible World of Warcraft, we Ultimately decided to leave these choices up to the player to establish things like the House of Earthly Delights from Morrowind. Were not implimenting it ourselves...but whose to say there isnt a vacant building in Suran just waiting to be turned into ESO's first whore-house! ESO is about choice, and well leave the implementation of those choices up to the "creative" players."

-Matt Firor

Comments

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

Sounds like a hype builder for me.  A player run version where we can actually role-play?!?!  I know imagination is an underutilized tool to some, but I am sure some creative players will fill this void for you.  A actual reason to role play!

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574
    Do they care nothing for lore or contextual accuracy? First off - there's some incredibly kid unfriendly elements. You know, like the Daedra. Especially the one who is the Prince of Rape and Domination. That guy. Second off, if they want this game to truly be an ES game, leave in the things that make the game what it is. Unless the history books specifically say that institution wasn't there, put the damn thing in the game.
  • HoiPoloiHoiPoloi Member UncommonPosts: 98

Haha right.  Yep, ESO will definitely fail now that they didn't put the whorehouse in it.

Try harder!

Rithwis, Righteous Golem of Camelot | Skritha, Orc Archer of Tamriel | Bloodwod, Sawbones of Auraxis | Thrumdi, Blue Norn of Tyria | Gwidwod, Spider of the Ettenmoors | Gideon Slack, Hunter of Alsius

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

Not a big deal. Watching computer-generated characters dance around lasciviously doesn't turn me on.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    while i personally am not looking forward to TESO ... this would not even make the list of reasons.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Who cares? This is not a make or break thing for a new mmo. Business-wise it's a smart move.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by superconducting

Not a big deal. Watching computer-generated characters dance around lasciviously doesn't turn me on.

Probably not the point.

I wouldn't say this is a "hype killer" but It''s possible to make "a whore house" and not show any nudity or anything "lascivious".

Heck, Dragon age had had a whore house which was pretty sanitized though one could rent a partner for a "blacked out screen and some giggling".

You know, once again, we can have killing and burning and fighting but any hint that we are sexual beings is a huge taboo.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    That doesnt bother me but it makes me wonder if theyre changing it from a 'mature' rating to a 'family friendly' rating how many other elements will be lost in translation, like blood for example. Are they removing fatalities as well? 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    They're making a modern MMORPG more than a true to lore ES game, as evidenced by many other variances we've seen to date.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Lol. Some of you guys sound actually serious about this. Another time waster that isn't in...yawn.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
      Hey now..some of us take our digital whoremongering quite seriously  :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

You can tell the care bearish themepark restrictions are going to be strong with this game.

The more it lacks realism, then the more grind the game will have to keep you busy rping that realism while not dealing with that actual aspect of the game. What an insult to exploit RPers as a reason to not have it all, and say it exists.

Maybe what we need for an mmo is an mmo that is just a skeketon in starter areas and combat animations in a sand box mmo with complex crafting and mounted combat. Let the players create everything else from planets/land, species, quests, mini games, put adult rated aspects like sex as well.

Shame that they let a stupid consideration on sensitivities of ethics ruin a very easy addition to the game adding a lot of context and atmosphere. This will make the game feel more static and dead without it.

I want to see a high quality game that is not afraid to add all content to make their game more realistic.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• JWillCHSJWillCHS Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Originally posted by Destai
    First off - there's some incredibly kid unfriendly elements. You know, like the Daedra. Especially the one who is the Prince of Rape and Domination. That guy.

Seriously, you got a chuckle out of me. :)

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    I'd be more concerned about the phrase "family friendly", pretty much the concept which is killing WoW. Sorry no more Panda friendly games for me. 
  • karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by Panzerbase
    I'd be more concerned about the phrase "family friendly", pretty much the concept which is killing WoW. Sorry no more Panda friendly games for me. 

Yeah thats the part the worries me. Personally I couldnt give the slightest fuck about pixel boobs and vagina, but the overarching theme they seem to be rolling with is water it down so we can make more box sales. "Family Friendly" is the last phrase I want developers to be putting forth as a principle of design.

• Eol-Eol- Member UncommonPosts: 274

My seven year old wants to play this game, and I for one really don't feel any desire to explain what a whore house is.

People need to get a grip if they think realism in an online adventure game means having nudity and whorehouses. I swear, people need to turn off the computer and go out and meet some real people, and not use online games as a substitute for a sex life. And if that's too much trouble, well, its not like its hard to find nudity on your computer.

Elladan - ESO (AD)
    Camring - SWTOR (Ebon Hawk)
    Eol & Justinian - Rift (Faeblight)
    Ceol and Duri - LotRO (Landroval)
    Kili - WoW
    Eol - Lineage 2
    Camring - SWG
    Justinian (Nimue), Camring - DAoC

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Sky crushes you for 80 billion sky damage
    You die

In other news, gamer plays game he likes while simultaneously not playing the games he doesn't like.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• ZieglerZiegler Member Posts: 159
    Originally posted by Eol-

My seven year old wants to play this game, and I for one really don't feel any desire to explain what a whore house is.

People need to get a grip if they think realism in an online adventure game means having nudity and whorehouses. I swear, people need to turn off the computer and go out and meet some real people, and not use online games as a substitute for a sex life. And if that's too much trouble, well, its not like its hard to find nudity on your computer.

To each their own...perhaps though, as a suggestion...you shouldnt be letting 7 year olds play Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim to an extent that they want to play an online version of it....otherwise, how would your 7 year old even know about this game? It certainly wasnt from seeing the Sat morning Cartoon version of it.

What people actually think is that they think about screwing alot more than killing in real life and wouldnt mind seeing a bit of it in games as opposed to new inventive ways to kill a orc.  

Although from reading that excerpt, I wonder if they mind some player running a cybersex shop in their game? I know some pedophiles that would just jump at the chance to lure kids into a room to have cybersex with them since the game approves of it ....what with it's family friendly enviroment and all.....

• atuerstaratuerstar Member Posts: 234

"...family friendly elder scrolls experience..."

From now on every article you write about this game will be summarily dismissed without even being read. I have TOO MANY games vying for my interest to waste even another second or cent on a childrens toy manufacturer.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    This has got to be the most disturbing thread I've seen so far in the ESO forums. Makes me wonder if ESO should create a separate server for anyone that supports the OP because I wouldn't want my friends or family being around these kind of folks when the focus of what makes a game successful or not gets even mentioned with this kind of nonsense content. 

There Is Always Hope!

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    They can't have any feature in this game that will alienate people because they are trying to appeal to as many people as possible with this cash grab.... errr i mean mmorpg.
    Originally posted by Eol-

Well the game isn't designed for a seven year old, It's T for teen for that very reason.

Originally posted by keithian
    This has got to be the most disturbing thread I've seen so far in the ESO forums. Makes me wonder if ESO should create a separate server for anyone that supports the OP because I wouldn't want my friends or family being around these kind of folks when the focus of what makes a game successful or not gets even mentioned with this kind of nonsense content. 

What disturbs me is people who find this more disturbing than murder. How come digital whoring disturbs you but digital murder doesn't?

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by vmoped

I am sure some creative players will fill this void for you.

It's one of those classic roleplaying topics that every teen thinks would be dark and keen and unique (by the thousands, ala Goldshire). And when a more adult approach is taken, quickly turns into ban bait.

I put on my robe and wizard hat.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• CthulhuPuffsCthulhuPuffs Member UncommonPosts: 368

Rated T for Teen

Violence, Blood, Murder = Good

Alcohol, Drugs, Sex = Bad

'Murica

Bringer of Eternal Darkness and Despair, but also a Nutritious way to start your Morning.

Games Played: Too Many