For a proposed separate Immersion server in Everquest Next, a proposed ( still rough draft ) ruleset is posted in the blurb below a poll at:
Please read the rough draft of the proposed ruleset, vote in the poll, and discuss your vote here.
This thread is not for whether or not you think such a ruleset could or should be adopted.
This thread is not about casual gameplay versus Immersion (some call it hardcore ) gameplay, or the pros/cons of each.
This thread is simply about whether or not such a ruleset would attract you to that server, yes or no, and why or why not.
Not everyone will agree here, so we can agree to disagree, respect each other's choices, and grow in clarity and accurate perception.
Debate is welcome, so long as it is respectful.
For your convenience ( cough, sorry ) here's a copy of the proposed ruleset (note, #6 is under reconsideration by some)
"We propose an Immersion server. The differences would be as follows:"
In an Immersion server:
1. Travel is firmly curtailed; no flight paths, no flying mounts (unless there are flying monsters as well--or limited to flying-required areas only), long refresh timer on 'gate', low occurrence of portals to promote exploration over convenience.
2. There is corpse recovery or other harsh death penalty, so that the world feels dangerous again. Not perma-death, not perma-lose your items. Just harsh in terms of time and difficulty to curtail things like using death to skip content and to restore a fear of death.
3. There is increased over-all difficulty level so that grouping is encouraged even during short play periods.
4. Group planning is encouraged because there is no 'summon group' type abilities/ stones/ etc.
5. Players may transfer off the server, but characters may not transfer onto the server from standard servers. The only way onto the server is to create a new character. No power leveling a standard character and then dropping into the dangerous world. Progression will be tougher and it would be unbalancing to allow super-advanced characters from other servers.
6. Mounts would have a hitpoint threshold and be vulnerable to attack, thus bringing increased danger levels and a more difficult economy.
7. Items will have weight, and you'll have a limit! This would promote a more conscious decision of what you carry on you and when you return to your home-- especially with low frequency of hearthing type abilities.
8. No rest exp.
9. No auctioneers or auction houses. the economy is player driven and interaction is required for buying, selling, and bartering with other players.
10. Gear is rare but tradeable. No more "no-trade" drops.
11. No instancing.
12. All, or most, NPCs are able to be attacked.
"Does such a server have interest for you?" - See more at: #sthash
.Bz4SvEQ9.dpuf" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.wepolls.com/p/20521024/Would-you-create-a-character-on-an-Immersion-Server-in-Everquest-Next-,-EQ-Next-(See-Blurb-below-for-proposed-server-rules.#sthash