Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Almost a Year and Still No New Info on the State of the Game

I'm actually disgusted with NCSoft right now. I've subscribed to their newsletter, followed their twitter and facebook page for the past year, and they haven't said a single word since December of last year about anything for the game. They are supposedly making the game more "Westernified", but that is total bull. All I want is English voices and text, and the game to be exactly how it is in the east.

So why is it taking so long? Why haven't they given their fans any info on the state of the game?

This was genuinely a game I was looking forward to. I am sick of the dull MMO remakes that keep being thrown on the market where you stand in one place and press a few buttons. Blade and Soul actually has flow to it. Fluid motion and combat that takes a massive shit on every other MMO released to date. I am willing to drop $300 right now, just to play this game, but I cant even get a damn "Hey, we're still working on it", from NCSoft.

I really hope NCSoft gets their act together. Because I am getting really tired  of  wondering if the game is even still being worked on.

Comments

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

My guess is that they're not sure how profitable this'll be in the west. With FFXIV and TESO they've got plenty of competition and, as far as I know, B&S is still P2P everywhere, so they would need to develop a new monetization system for it if they decided to get more attention via F2P.

I do find it weird a game this popular hasn't been launched here yet, but it's probably harder than you'd think, especially now that they missed a good window of opportunity.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Originally posted by Scalpless

My guess is that they're not sure how profitable this'll be in the west. They missed a good window of opportunity.

Pretty much this. NCSOFT is a very aggressive MMO company, more so than most other MMO companies out there. There is nothing wrong with having profits as being your #1... but when it makes it the biggest % in the overall scheme of things... well. Look at it this way, every single game Developed by them has closed down in the west; every single one except AION which currently only has 4 servers (could probably run with 2) and nothing else.

If NCSOFT really would have cared, they would have given something, anything even a snippet, once every 3 months. It has been 9 months so far and not one word. My guess is that they placed this game in the back burner and are placing WildStar in the forefront. They are also focusing on Lineage I (which is their strongest title in South Korea) as well as other titles for expansions and/or content.

Action speaks louder than words... and so far we have received neither from NCSOFT... after 9 months. We will always be 2nd class citizens to NCSOFT (specifically games developed by them transitioned over here). History has shown us that. The fact that they are willing to close every single game in the west Developed by them except for one is more than enough proof.

• SkaioverrideSkaioverride Member UncommonPosts: 54
    this game has been in the works for about five years actually
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I am pretty sure it was not received as well as they had hoped.I do not think it will do well here at all,it would have to be a f2p cash shop game for sure.

I find the combat too be too much arcade style like Mortal Kombat,borderline silly,i prefer a more realistic looking combat.

The  game play video i watched looks kind of bad.The character looks sort of cheapish,definitely not as nice as the scripted videos they put out early on.

Watch this video and tell me you still think it looks good.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Flyboy360Flyboy360 Member Posts: 48
    So is this game ever coming out to the USA?  Because like others have stated, nothing on their webpage has been updated.  I assume it's not anymore.  I sad.
  • Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Wizardry

I am pretty sure it was not received as well as they had hoped.I do not think it will do well here at all,it would have to be a f2p cash shop game for sure.

I find the combat too be too much arcade style like Mortal Kombat,borderline silly,i prefer a more realistic looking combat.

The  game play video i watched looks kind of bad.The character looks sort of cheapish,definitely not as nice as the scripted videos they put out early on.

Not really sure what you are getting at.  Every mmo has scripted videos for hype.  If anything, this game looks like a faster Tera.  Which I would love to play.  I still hope this game launches here.  You might not like the combat, but it sure is a lot better then the same boring tab target WoW combat (TSW, GW2, Rift, FF14 etc.).

• ROFLcopter13ROFLcopter13 Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor

My guess is that they're not sure how profitable this'll be in the west. They missed a good window of opportunity.

Pretty much this. NCSOFT is a very aggressive MMO company, more so than most other MMO companies out there. There is nothing wrong with having profits as being your #1... but when it makes it the biggest % in the overall scheme of things... well. Look at it this way, every single game Developed by them has closed down in the west; every single one except AION which currently only has 4 servers (could probably run with 2) and nothing else.

If NCSOFT really would have cared, they would have given something, anything even a snippet, once every 3 months. It has been 9 months so far and not one word. My guess is that they placed this game in the back burner and are placing WildStar in the forefront. They are also focusing on Lineage I (which is their strongest title in South Korea) as well as other titles for expansions and/or content.

Action speaks louder than words... and so far we have received neither from NCSOFT... after 9 months. We will always be 2nd class citizens to NCSOFT (specifically games developed by them transitioned over here). History has shown us that. The fact that they are willing to close every single game in the west Developed by them except for one is more than enough proof.

I too, have been looking for this game, but hey if thats how NCSoft views us in the west, then they can go to hell and I will never touch a single product of theirs again. Im sure that suits them just fine, but whatever...

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    NC Soft said they would release Blade and Soul afther they release Wild Star. Blade and Soul should have been released first.
  • PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239

From my understanding the release will be in 2014...China has Blade and Soul since Aug. If you can read China language go there...

Read this for the English release http://bns.mmosite.com/news/04172013/hyung_tae_kim_interview_by_elle_and_nara_revealed_the_released_of_blade_and_souls_english_version.shtml

I retired retroactively..Haha

• MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Wildstar is a guaranteed success for them where as blade and soul is iffy in this market it makes perfect sense to release a gem and then take a chance on another potential gem.  I vote for have patience it will come probably by mid next year.
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    90% of NCSoft earnings come from Asia market, NA/EU are just leftovers, Asia is priority now.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by Wizardry

it looks fine. I don't like all the lights but I'm not seeing what you are seeing. And I do believe that "that is the point" to make a sort of "fighting game" similiar to Mortal Kombat.

A little bit of crouching tiger hidden dragon.

Additionally, you don't know what settings the player has enabled. It's possible they turned some things down because they don't want to hitch up their machine during a battle.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • JavrioJavrio Member UncommonPosts: 8

Blade&Soul is a failure for NCsoft if we talk about "incomes" or "sales", it's slightly higher than Lineage2's sales...

The big share of Ncsoft's incomes are from Lineage 1 ... then the second one ( and falling ) , GW2... and the third one is AION. So... they probably are not going to launch that game here... 

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Blade and Soul is right now sitting at #7 on the Korean charts and about to get update 2.0. Every mmo will have a huge launch but will lose some players. Its just what happns in mmos today. Its far from a failure.

http://www.gamenote.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8cum2h2wNA

• ShadowVlicanShadowVlican Member UncommonPosts: 158
    i watched some gameplay videos on youtube... B&S has definitely caught my interest
  • AngztAngzt Member Posts: 230

"dem long noses want to play ourr game! let em wait!"

(the asians dont give a shit about the EU and US market unfortunately)

"believe me, mike.. i calculated the odds of this working against the odds that i was doing something incredibly stupid… and i did it anyway!"

• bexinhbexinh Member UncommonPosts: 69
    holly mother of god the combat is freaking awesome....... this is what MMO should be and this is what a combat in MMO should be.
  • feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330
    I heard it is not doing well mainly due to almost no end game content.  I believe there is one raid and that hitting lv cap in 2-3 days is easy.
  • AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Originally posted by ROFLcopter13
    Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor

I too, have been looking for this game, but hey if thats how NCSoft views us in the west, then they can go to hell and I will never touch a single product of theirs again. Im sure that suits them just fine, but whatever...

Pretty much. We are nearing 12 months w/o one single update given to NA/EU folks. The latest tidbit I found was that the next phase of the closed beta for China has officially been given which is October 29th... and that is it!

http://2p.com/2476414_1/Eyeful-Posters-for-Blade-and-Soul-Beta-Test-and-Updates-by-isabella.htm

• drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506

Played it. Game play is great. Can't speak for end game. But B&S is basically a Kung Fu SWTOR. Tons of cinematics, cutscenes, loading screens, story driven linear path. 

If end-game PvP is worthwhile then I can see myself playing it casually, because again, the game play is real good, if you are into that sort of thing. 

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Same goes for PSO2 in the West , no information for ages , maybe even longer than B & S. All we have is "it's delayed" or "it's still delayed". I for one might have to play the Asiasoft version in the new year , the Singapore version will be in English.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]