It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I've been weighing the pros and cons of Guild Wars 2 for a while now, and I just can't decide if it's worth it or not.
It's on sale today only for $30, which is pretty decent considering it's usually $50. This is the Heroic Edition, by the way.
I've always played console games, particularly those of the adventure / action / platformer / survival genres.
As an FYI, my favorite console games so far are: Zelda: Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword, American McGee's Alice series, Elder Scrolls Oblivion/Skyrim, Uncharted series, Tomb Raider trilogy and 2013 reboot, The Last of Us, and Resident Evil series.
I do play lesser known titles as well, though.
* I think story is needed in order to introduce you to the game, as well as the environment your character is immersed in. Otherwise, why should you care?
* Cutscenes and dialogue aid to this tremendously, in my opinion. But cutscenes are not necessary.
* I'm more interested in PVE than PVP--though I'll certainly try PVP from time to time.
* A fantasy-esque setting is a must, as I love to feel in awe of the environment and colors.
* A community that is filled with helpful, friendly people. And the ability to find the right guild for me.
* A sense of accomplishment, and feeling like my character actually aids to the story/universe.
* The characters ideally would be a mixture of realistic and cartoon--kind of like Legend of Zelda characters, or Elizabeth from Bioshock: Infinite.
So, is this the right MMO for me, or should I wait for a new one, such as EverQuest Next?
Edit: In games with the ability to, I usually am a Battlemage, meaning a sword or staff in one hand and spells in the other. That way I can kill enemies up close, ranged, or a combination if I want.
Does GW2 have a class that fits that?
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes."