Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your Favorite MMO of all time

jfoytekjfoytek Member CommonPosts: 150

Cast your vote....

AC has 5 votes

UO,Shadowbane,SWG,Darkfall,MO,Wurm Online,Secretworld,GW,GW2,PotBS,LotR,Atlantica Online,WWII Online,WoT,Battlestar Galactica,Planetside2,Perpetuum,Fallen Earth,Runescape,WoW,Eve,Xsylon,Dragon Prophet, Salem

Comments

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

none of the above

Asheron's Call

Horizons/Istaria

RIFT

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

None of the above.

Diablo 3 .. not a real MMO, but close enough for me.

• Neo_ViperNeo_Viper Member UncommonPosts: 609
    Putting GW1 and GW2 in the same choice already makes this poll useless.
    And none of the above is my answer too. AC1.

My computer is better than yours.

• jfoytekjfoytek Member CommonPosts: 150
    I tried to pick the games I felt had the biggest impact on the MMO universe as a whole, which leaves me scratching my head as to why I put SWTOR up there, maybe to prove its not as popular as some people think it is???

UO,Shadowbane,SWG,Darkfall,MO,Wurm Online,Secretworld,GW,GW2,PotBS,LotR,Atlantica Online,WWII Online,WoT,Battlestar Galactica,Planetside2,Perpetuum,Fallen Earth,Runescape,WoW,Eve,Xsylon,Dragon Prophet, Salem

• logicwarlogicwar Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Asheron's Call
  • Swedish_ChefSwedish_Chef Member Posts: 213
    I have to say Asheron's Call. Update that game's graphics & UI, and I'll drop FFXIV / D3 / Marvel Heroes in a heartbeat.
  • Synns77Synns77 Member Posts: 124

None of the above, my personal favorite was Faxion online, even if it did only last a matter of months. Best fun I've had in an mmo.

• jfoytekjfoytek Member CommonPosts: 150
    Hmmm 4 write in's for AC so far

• HelleriHelleri Member UncommonPosts: 930

For me as well, none of the above...Runescape.

You might of been better off just asking the question in general; And asking what makes people's absolute favorite, win out over even close seconds in their mind.

• tommygunzIItommygunzII Member Posts: 321
    None of the above : FFXI
  • meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    I played UO the most but my favorite was DAoC. Never liked the Everquest MMOs.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    I played wow for 4 years so I picked wow. But swg and coh would be runner up.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Personal all time favourite is WoW. The lore of the game was just amazing!

In terms of which MMO had the most impact on the genre - WoW again :D 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    DAOC tied with FFXI. Nothing has compared to those 2 at all, IMO.
  • sonicringsonicring Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Anarchy Online
  • AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Can i vote for a repoll?

You can't combine EQ 1 and 2 or GW 1 and 2 into one option.  You seem to not understand many fans hate one or the other.

Also the absence of FFXI is unacceptable.  I think you'll find more Secret World fans than Conan as well.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

sorry EQ1

but I had more fun in GW1 PVE   image

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by jfoytek

Often you hear people reference EQ or UO and of course everyone compares everything to WoW....  But AC goes by relatively un talked about....

That's because AC was much better in memory than in reality. 

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    1. Asheron's Call
    2. Ultima Online
    3. Dark Age of Camelot
    Those 3 are my all time favorite mmo's. They were true mmorpg's, not like the crap they try to sell us these days.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

I voted for TSW, but that''s really second.

None of the Above Option: City of Heroes

<3

• DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515

Asheron's Call !! 

OH MY GOD TURBINE PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN !! 

Other than that, SWG !!! 

• Neo_ViperNeo_Viper Member UncommonPosts: 609
    Originally posted by grimgryphon
    Originally posted by jfoytek

Often you hear people reference EQ or UO and of course everyone compares everything to WoW....  But AC goes by relatively un talked about....

That's because AC was much better in memory than in reality. 

AC1 was in the top three along with UO and EQ1. It actually had more players than UO at some point of its existence.

I think the main reason why AC1 was less popular is because it strayed away from the typical "Orc/Elf/Dwarf" fantasy model. It's still (for me), the game with the best quests ever seen in a MMORPG. Real quests, not stupid tasks to kill 10 rats and collect their tails. And amusingly enough, quests in AC1 put quests in Ever-QUEST to shame.

My computer is better than yours.

• DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574
    Voted for GW1, but LoTRO pre-Moria was always my favorite.
  • destinybrodestinybro Member CommonPosts: 3

If Guild Wars 1 hadn't had all it's expansions that gradually ruined the skills and farming builds that me and my other family members used to use then it would have won this poll for me easily. I get why they changed things was due to the insane amount of bot farmers being able to solo everywhere but for legit people it was annoying to see a way to get the best stuff and then have it taken away. Plus the game got worse with each expansion (Not bad or anything but still).

So my vote has to go for the only other MMO that I ever put loads of time into, that being World of Warcraft. It's cliche and everything but I really liked that game. And the expansions for it added to the overall game in my view (Don't know about MoP as I stopped playing before then) so it's my #1 no doubt.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by Myrdynn
    none of the aboveAsheron's CallHorizons/IstariaRIFT 

I say also a FAIL so i could not vote no Asherons call 1 and some others.

Huge FAIL this topic.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i