Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Watch Dogs delay release until spring 2014.

Comments

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    I actually cancelled my PS4 preorder over this. I wasn't really even sure it I needed a system in November since Im still finishing off Skyrim and still need to try GTA5 which I bought. I preordered the PS4 with Watchdogs but now that it is pushed out and with most good games coming out next year, I was like whats the point? In fact they may end up loosing me as a customer since by the time the good games come out, I'll probably be engrossed with Elder Scrolls Online and will prefer to focus on my PC instead.

There Is Always Hope!

• monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    this makes me sad :( this was the #1 next gen game for me. im still gonna get a ps4 but w/o watch dogs im gonna be miserable. especially since im from chicago, I really wanted to see the in-game city.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by monochrome19
    this makes me sad :( this was the #1 next gen game for me. im still gonna get a ps4 but w/o watch dogs im gonna be miserable. especially since im from chicago, I really wanted to see the in-game city.

From some of the things coming out at the moment, it looks like the game will still be included with the PS4 package, though chances are it will be a 'voucher' system or something, redeemable when the game is released. Still, the game looks totally awesome, so probably best to have it done right, than release in an unfinished or incomplete state. Still a lot of disappointed people who were looking forward to getting their hands on it though, i could see the game being as big as GTA V probably. Thats a lot of disappointed people. image

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by monochrome19

From some of the things coming out at the moment, it looks like the game will still be included with the PS4 package, though chances are it will be a 'voucher' system or something, redeemable when the game is released. Still, the game looks totally awesome, so probably best to have it done right, than release in an unfinished or incomplete state. Still a lot of disappointed people who were looking forward to getting their hands on it though, i could see the game being as big as GTA V probably. Thats a lot of disappointed people. image

They prolly pushed it back because of GTA 5

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Was also looking forward to the game but the pc version, since it would ship world wide multiplatform incl. pc.

Thought it would fill the void of not having GTA V on pc or owning a playstation. And not going to buy a playstation just for one or a few games I might be intrested in.

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Reklaw

Was also looking forward to the game but the pc version, since it would ship world wide multiplatform incl. pc.

Thought it would fill the void of not having GTA V on pc or owning a playstation. And not going to buy a playstation just for one or a few games I might be intrested in.

Want to know the real reason for the delay? The reason neither side wants to announce publicly.... as its bad press.

JJ Abrams is suing Ubisoft over the franchise because of its similarity to one of his tv shows (Person of Interest).

I have this coming from an inside source. The delay has everything to with this forming legal battle and less to do with "perfecting the game". Missing a console launch date and being a launch title during the holiday season is not something publishers take lightly.